“Great weekend”

Ranked #838 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
“Great weekend”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

After reading the reviews I booked this hotel for a romantic weekend away for my husband and myself without our kids. The price was amazing, half of what other hotels were charging. I expected the room to be a little on the small side so that was no surprise, neither was the lack of view. However considering the price we were very happy with it. Small but very clean which was more important to us. Hotel in a great location, 2 mins walk from Paddington and there was a lovely little cafe (Mimos) around the corner which served wondeful breakfasts at a really reasonable price. The staff were pleasant enough too. Only downside was it was such a hot weekend and the room was extremely hot so we had some difficulty sleeping. However think this would probably have been the case anywhere without air conditioning. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We requested that we did not have a room in the basement and were on the 4th floor. Not much view th...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
AbbeyCourtHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Abbey Court Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your comment and are happy that you had a great weekend, we are providing fans so do not hesitate to contact us for you next visit.

Best regards,
Abbey court Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
milano
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I recently booked a triple room in the Abbey Court Hotel for me and my family.
We spent a night in this place and I can say it's an average English hotel with an excellent position but the price is too high for a stay without breakfast.
The hotel is placed very close to Paddington station which is very good for travelling all around London. The room was fairly small but cosy and clean.
The only weak point was the moisture on the wall connected to the bathroom close to the main plug in the room. It has really need to be fixed.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Lower ground floor room was cramped, hot, , minimal daylight from an internal area most of which has just been roofed in to make it worse and smallest shower room I have ever been in. Could not wait to leave.

Room Tip: Ring direct and check what you are getting !!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Booked 2 triple rooms for 2 nights. Had mixed feelings about this hotel...

What's good:
1. Very close to Paddington station - about 3 mins walk.
2. A number of halal eating places in the vicinity
3. Close to the stop for the Big Bus tours
4. Friendly staff
5. Pretty exterior

What's not:
1. For a triple room, it was really small. The size of the double bed looks like it had been reduced somewhat to fit into the small room.
2. Unbelievably tiny bathroom! Getting ready in the bathroom is a real challenge.
3. Creaky floor

Looks like it tried really hard to preserve its old Victorian feel and look.

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Bizarre hotel. We stayed for 3 nights; our group stayed in 4 rooms, so I got to see more than just the room I was staying in. The room itself is so small, that the twin beds took up like 70 % of the room, but then I saw the bathroom, and laughed for 20 seconds straight.It was by far, the smallest bathroom I have ever seen in a hotel room. It was so small, that in order to dry myself off after taking a shower,I had to open the bathroom door, and stand there halfway into the room itself.
That was actually more funny, than disturbing. The bathroom was very clean, as was the room, and the sheets, and the carpets. Two of the other rooms we had were the same, but we also had a triple room, which was bigger, with a normal size bathroom, or as we call it in Eastern Europe, "a normal twin room".
All in all, the lobby is somewhat good-looking, but that`s about it. Everything else looks really old, and you can see the lobby does not match the rest of the hotel from the second you get the key, which is an old, rusty key, which opens an old, noisy door.
Did not try the breakfast, it was MASSIVELY overpriced, actually they would have to pay me to eat it, and every single thing about the hotel is old and used and small, but at least it was clean and handy for getting around town.

1 Thank Mircea S
AbbeyCourtHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Abbey Court Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Guest,
taking time to write review.
The hotels located in a listed Victorian building, with rooms of different sizes. We do our best to accommodate our guests’ requirements and where possible guests can choose to upgrade to larger rooms, depending on availability. Next time you stay with us do not hesitate to ask our reception to change rooms if available, as we have different size rooms.
All in all hope to welcome you again.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I heard hotels in London could be small, I wasn't ready for this! A super single for £79 close to Paddington! It was the size of a broom closet! I was lucky the closet had a shelf, so I could put my cases somewhere. The steps leading to the room were awkward with my cases and the spring loaded door kept slamming shut!
The room measured about 5'6" wide, it was the span of my arms, and about 8' long. For a very heavy person, they would not have been able to use the toilet. My butt cheeks were within an inch of the wall on either side, and I'm not fat!
If in doubt, phone the hotel before booking as to the dimensions of the room. Ok for one night, but not any longer. Very close to Paddington, about 2 blocks to walk.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
AbbeyCourtHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Abbey Court Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write review.
As we are located in central London in Victorian style building rooms are not standard sizes. Starting from Compact singles (which you book) to more spacious Standard rooms witch can accommodate 4 people at time.
All of our rooms are acceptable by Tourist Board standards. Next time you book with us do not hesitate to ask reception staff for bigger room. We always glad to help our guests.
Hope to welcome you in our Hotel.

Regards,
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband stay in a 1 bedroom apartment clean a bit tired looking .had a great kitchen and lounge .we booked in booking.com and was cheaper than booking through the hotel.breakfast was 7.50 it was ok had better breakfast no tomatoes or mushroom or toast offered.would stay here again and the tube station is only 5minute walk away.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
AbbeyCourtHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Abbey Court Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your review.
Glad you enjoyed stay in our Hotel. Next time you stay with us do not hesitate to ask Restaurant staff to refill products you wish. We are always happy to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
Looking forward to welcome you in our Hotel again.
Best regards,