Millennium & Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea Football Club
Ranked #403 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Lancashire
“Exellent”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights over Easter and had a great time (booked through lastminute.com).

Upon arrival we received a complimenatary upgrade to a superior room and we were thrilled with the standard. The room was spacious and modern, it ticked all the boxes.

Fulham Broadway station is just under 5 minutes walk away and it is without doubt one of the nices tube stations in London, with a series of popular restaurants like Nandos and Pizza Express as it forms part of a small retail complex which also includes a cinema. You can be in Central London in 20-25 mins (one change) or be on the banks of the Thames in 15-20 (direct).

The service we received at the Hotel was first class and found the whole experience, excellent.

The Hotel is situated in a very safe neighbourhood and there are many nice bars and restaurants within walking distance.

I would recommend this property to anyone looking for a lovely Hotel within striking distance of the heart of London. If you are a Chelsea fan, it's an added bonus.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mattnchar
millcopchelsea, PA to General Manager at Millennium & Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea Football Club, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about your stay at our Hotel. It is very satisfying to hear that our level of service, the facilities and the hotel’s location met with all of your expectations.
Thank you once again and I do hope you choose Millennium & Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea Football Club again in the future.

Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
pwincess_katie
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I was tAken here here by my partner for valentines day and it was beautiful. Staff were lovely and the rooms were grand to say the least. The breakfast in the hotel was amazing and felt very calm and relaxed. We did try the sports centre and swimming pool which were also perfect. Would go back for sure!!

• Stayed February 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your comments. We always pride ourselves on providing the very best customer experience and I’m so pleased to hear you enjoyed this special occasion so much. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Astoria, New York
Reviewed 9 April 2012

So my wife and I went to London for my birthday and found the hotel via Priceline. It stated that it was a 4 Star Hotel so I was excited. It was my Birthday, my favorite city in the world and since I am a supporter of Chelsea even better. I called a week before to ask about hotel transport and the girl who answered gave me great directions and explained that it would be easier and cheaper to take the Tube, I like that she gave me options.

So we get there (Ah England! Thank you God for England!) And we walk up to the Millennium Lobby (nice! very nice) only to be told we where at the Copthorne Hotel across the way. We get there and... Well, it was kinda disappointing. I mean its clean but not wow, not 4 stars, not Millennium Hotel good. We get to our room and again, kinda blah. The room was clean but the sheets where a bit rough, the towels a bit frayed, the remote for the TV worked but was broken. The mattress was lumpy and the pillows sucked. The room looked very early 90's and just boring. I was barely in the room (who would in London) but still. It was not horrible just disappointing because I expected more, I assumed I was getting Four Stars and they sold it that way.

The Staff was wonderful, polite, friendly and very knowledgeable (duh, its a hotel in London) I love the Chelsea Store and the fact that I was that close to the pitch was awesome (Go Chelsea) but if you tell me I am in a 4 Star then give me that.

Because it is all the way in Chelsea it is not that convenient to the sights if you want to walk around, it is a nice residential area or as my London friend calls it "a bit posh". However, it s about 10 mins by bus to Albert and Victoria and 20 to Harrods so it is not bad. Its about 5 minuted from Fulham Broadway Station so it is convenient to get around. There are some restaurants in the hotel but I did not try them. One of them is by Marco Pierre White so it might be great.

I would stay there again but it would not be my first choice.

Room Tip: Get an Oyster card, it just makes getting around easier, thow out the guide book and just walk. Lond...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
millcopchelsea, PA to General Manager at Millennium & Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea Football Club, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that you found some elements of your stay with us a little disappointing. I am however pleased to hear you found our staff so helpful and the location so convenient. We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

I found the hotel through Top Secret hotels on Lastminute.com and booked a standard double for £69. Me and my partner were really stunned at how lovely the place was! It deserves 5* statue - I have stayed at 5 Mariott and it is far better than Mariott.

Receptionist on check in - A bit of a snob, looked down her nose at me and wasn't outgoing. Didn't make me feel comfortable. She got me my key cards quickly and I was away from reception within 5 minutes which I was happy about.

The view from the 6th floor lift lobby - I would have rather sleptthere than in my room it was absolutely stunning.

The room - Fab! Huge with a window with a view, large clean and modern en suite, huge clean bed, mini living area with sofa and coffee table! Loved it. Nice sized TV, and things you would only expect in a 5* like a random trouserpress and shoe mitt in the draw!
I liked the fact that the fridge was empty - we loaded ours with fresh fruit we bought from outside.

They didn't give me enough sugar to make a decent coffee so I called housekeeping and they brought me more :)

Room service - EXCELLENT! Only a £3.50 tray charge, more than Radissons £2 but less than Hiltons £5!

I had my dinner from the Marco Pierre White Frankies menu. I had a huge bowl of spaghetti and a piece of focaccia bread it came to about £16 all in (food and tray charge).

For breakfast they accomodated my special request of porridge boiled with water. I had this and the continental breakfast choice which was £15 (Food and tray charge).

In all I had a great stay! Nothing bad to say really! The only event that night was around 4am, a really loud noise like a low flying plane woke me and my partner up. We thought something really bad was about to happen. Then we fell asleep.

Ill be back here soon! Loved it!

Room Tip: Grab a standard room, Its like Dr Who's telephone box, bigger and lovelier than you will expect.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for taking a moment to write about your recent stay with us at Millennium & Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea Football Club. We are very pleased to read your comments and learn that you enjoyed your time with us. We pride ourselves on the standard of rooms we offer and it is great to hear all was to your satisfaction and you found dining with us such great value. Thank you once again.

Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Stayed on a travelzoo deal of £79 a night including breakfast for a twin room with my daughter.
Could not fault the price, ideal for a night away on a weekend break. Some may think a little too far from attractions etc,but only took 20 minutes from Fulham broadway station to Euston on the tube. Great bus route No.11 just round the corner from hotel , goes via kings road, sloane square, westminster abbey, big ben, nelsons column then up the strand past st pauls, bank of england to liverpool street station. If you have an hour to spare go on this bus.
Hotel very clean, we stayed in the annexe and had breakfast in main hotel. Breakfast was good with a variety of choice. Being a football fan it was an added attraction staying at Chelsea football ground and seeing Osgoods statue and the pictures round the old shed end wall.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your feedback in relation to your recent stay with us. It is great to hear that you found out hotel to be such good value for money and so conveniently located for your needs. We hope to see you again in the future.

UK
Reviewed 29 March 2012

The location of the hotel is about 5min walk from Fulham broadway tube station which is excellent, this means it is a good base to explore London from.

We stayed for 3 nights and found the room to be of similar standard to a Premier Inn perhaps slightly nicer. We had a good deal that included breakfast making it great value, the Hotel is clean and fresh but we found the bar was not really open "late" as it closed at 11pm each night we were in it. The TV channels are very sports orientated you get all Sky Sports 1,2 and 3 with ESPN which you do not normally get in a room but there are not many other channels apart from the usual 5.

One thing was there is a barrier that makes noise when a vehicle comes through as it lowers, I could here it on 7th floor so I guess it is louder on lower floor, I would imagine the bleeping sound would be annoying.

All things considered we wouldnt stay here with normal prices but found it excellent value when we used it, we would use again on offer.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pay74
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your comments. I’m pleased to hear you found the hotel so well located and to be such good value. We hope to be able to welcome you again soon.

northants
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Booked a 2 night stay at this hotel have stayed on previous vistis and had no reason to not stay again because have always very pleased with the standard, but alas not this time, booked through a partners web site (bad mistake) thought we had got the "club rooms" with the full package that they come with but no you had to pay another £25.00 per person per night which was not stated at time of booking, the rooms over in the Millennium part of the hotel are supposed to have been better than the Copthorne, but the one taht was given to me on check in was really disgusting the carpet was filfy, the bathroom smelt dirty and the overall impression was i would have been better staying in a youth hostel or 1 star room, i did promplty compalined at reception stating that the room was disgusting and they then told me they would stuggle to find another room bear in mind the hotel was not fully booked and very quiet, i did stand my groun and eventually another room was found for me, which was on the 3rd floor and was much nicer and what i would have expected from a hotel of this standard, make sure that when you book you do not have a room on the 1st floor becuiase you will be disaapointed and could have stayed inalot better hotel, i did not have breakfast because it was not included and by that time i really could be bothered and there is plenty of places to eat very close to the hotel.Also take note the hairdyer is attached in the bathroom again not really a four star hotel standard take your own, if you choose to take your car make sure you pay in the car prior to check out becuase it is half the price .

Room Tip: Anything higher than the 1st floor!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank morgieNorthants
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking your time to write your comments about your recent stay with us. I am extremely disappointed to hear the first room given was of such a low standard, although pleased to hear that we were able address this issue so quickly. We always take comments from our guests very seriously and I have passed your views to the relevant teams. I do hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.