“London Short Break”

Millennium & Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea Football Club
Ranked #426 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I booked a two night stay at this hotel through Superbreaks as i am a huge Chelsea FC fan and it was my first visit to the club!! The break included a tour of the Club and Museum. I reserved a Club room for myself as a treat and got a discount with Superbreaks through my employer!
I phoned the Hotel Three days before i was due to arrive as i had particular requests. I wanted to make sure my requests were on my reservation ( ie fresh bed linen and towels) some hotels change bed linen every two days whilst staying there, i prefer bed linen fresh every day!
The room was very clean and comfortable! The TV channel list wasn't great but had everything a sports fan would need!! ( ie Chelsea TV), As i booked a Club room i was entitled to an exclusive Club lounge You have breakfast there as well as an evening drink and Canepes before you head out to your meal that evening!

There is also a turn down service with the Club room i only had it done once while i stayed there! I enjoyed my stay and will be going back in the Autumn when the football season is underway!!! The Restaurants at the Hotel didn't appeal to me. But there are loads of places to eat on Fullham Broadway !! Not sure ask the Concierge!!!!!! They are very Helpful and know loads of places to eat in the area
Not a football! fan well its a good base for other attractions in London and only a Tube or bus ride away ( if travelling by Tube be aware of Pick pockets and purse thieves!! I nearly had mine taken on Fulham Broadway tube station!!) A good hotel would recommend it to all!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the Millineum Building are better
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo

Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for your positive comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us so much and took advantage of our Club lounge facilities to make your stay even more special. It is good to hear you would recommend to both football fans and non-football fans alike and that you intend to stay with us again in the autumn. We pride ourselves on offering a high quality of customer experience and the proximity to Chelsea FC only adds to this. I am sure we will be able to offer an equally warm welcome in the autumn!

Reviewed 7 June 2012

We stayed here as we were visiting some family prior to our honeymoon in Italy. The hotel was clean and we had no complaints. Location not the greatest but close to tube so did not bother us too much

2  Thank KOONy

Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for taking a moment to post your feedback about your stay with us. I am pleased to hear the hotel and its location were to your satisfaction. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

This is an entirely standard 4 star modern hotel. Everything is as you would expect. Large comfortable beds and good bathrooms (although the curved bottom of the bath made showering slightly awkward). The only criticism of the room is that wifi is not free.

We didn't try the hotel restaurant or the two Marco Pierre White restaurants straight outside. There are far better value restaurants at Fulham Broadway.

The hotel may be a little out of the centre for some visitors. Fulham Broadway tube is less than 5 minutes walk and there a number of useful bus routes outside the hotel and at Fulham Broadway. On the tube it is about 30 minutes to the West End.

We managed to get a double room for 75 GBP per night by using a Secret Rooms feature on Lastminute.com. At that price the hotel represents outstanding value, despite its location. If the rate is much higher than say 120 GBP you may find an equally good hotel nearer the centre.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Please accept our thanks for posting your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad to read the hotel was to your satisfaction and that you found it to be such good value. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

The hotel complex is made up of two hotels .. The Copthorne and The Millenium. It appears that where you'll be is determined by the type of room you've booked. Both have receptions and if you check in at the wrong one, you only need to cross the road to the right building.

We had a standard room (in the Copthorne building), which we had booked as a secret hotel through lastminute.com and got a cracking deal.

The room was comfortable and quite a good size and I think must have been refurbed recently. The room had all the usual requirements .. Tea, coffee, safe, tv etc. An iron and ironing board is provided in the room but I would advise you take your own iron!!!

Quite a few of the rooms appear to have privacy issues in this building. The window of our room (we had 2) looked directly into the window of the room opposite. This is common due to the shape of the Copthorne building. Also from the large windows whilst you wait for the lifts, you can see straight into a numbers of rooms. Rooms only have curtains which doesnt help with this.

The hotel is located on Fulham Road next to Chelsea Football club. Hotel is a 5 minute walk from Fulham Broadway tube station on the district line. There is also a bus (number 14) which runs past the hotel which will get you to Leicester Sq/Picadilly Circus in about 35-40 minutes, it then continues to Warren Street. We took a taxi from the hotel to Soho due to bad weather one night and it took about 30 minutes costing £26.

There are some shops on Fulham Road, or Kings Road is a few minutes walk away and if you walk along Kings Road you'll come to Sloane Square.

We didnt eat in the hotel but there are a number of options, including two Marco Pierre White restaurants on the complex.

Overall it's a good hotel, we had no issues, but the location, for us, wasn't great!

Mainly because of the location we wouldn't choose this hotel again and also if there is a Chelsea football home match I think staying here would be a nightmare so check that carefully!

Room Tip: Standard room 609 is on the front with views across London (no major sights that I could see tho). G...

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased you found the room to be such good value, although am sorry to hear you were disappointed with the location of the hotel. We feel the hotels facilities and location offer an excellent experience for our customers with a wide variety of things to do whether you are staying for a Chelsea match, exploring the local area or heading into the centre of London as the Hotel has excellent transport links via a number of bus routes and the tube. Thanks once again for your comments.

Reviewed 2 June 2012

My stay at this hotel was almost magical. The only downside I encountered is that I happened to be checking in after Chelsea won the Champion League so the road was blocked off and I couldn't cab directly to the hotel, and later when I was coming back to my room after a day about London I happened to be coming back when the team was set to be driving down the road with the cup so the place was blocked with fans and I had to fight my way to the hotel. That is no fault of theirs though.

The lobby is lovely and smells fabulous and my room was clean and spacious. It is not centrally located but the Fulham Broadway tube stop is maybe a five minute walk down the road and is located in a shopping centre with banks, restaurants and shops. The buffet breakfast was delicious, there was tons of selection and the serving staff are highly alert to your needs.

The best part for me, honestly, was the staff. My first night I broke my phone adaptor and the front desk loaned me one with a ten pound deposit that I got back when I checked out. The concierge was INCREDIBLY helpful with recommendations on what to do and see, AND when I was leaving and asked them what would be the most cost effective way to get to Heathrow the concierge arranged a town car to drive me there in luxury for only forty pounds flat, which is WAY less than what I would have paid for a cab to Heathrow or a cab to Paddington and then the Express.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Dear Reviewer,

I am so glad to read your stay with us was so enjoyable, thank you for taking a moment to post your feedback. I was particularly pleased to read your comments regarding our staff and the professional and courteous service you received. We pride ourselves on the level of customer experience we provide and our staff are committed to achieving the highest standards. I will of course pass your comments onto our team who I know will be very pleased to hear them. I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

We arrived with great hopes. Seemed to be a nice entrance and reception was nice. It was down hill from there.

We tried to get a Taxi... Out by the road is a spinning yellow light that signals the cabs to enter the courtyard/security gate. Since they have to drive down the road to get to the front of the hotel someone always nabs it before it gets to the entrance. We figured this out after a couple cabs were stolen by non-guests. We learned where the light switch was and started to do it ourselves. One of us stood by the switch (so no one would shut it off again) while the other two blocked the road waiting to hail a cab. The Concierge was less then helpful.

Room service is a joke and poorly laid out. We called for an 830-900 breakfast. At 930 we called and reminded them. By 10:00 we had breakfast. We recommend walking the two blocks and getting breakfast from one of the Pubs. Almost £73 for some English breakfast. Still no toast served. We ordered mixed bakery and that turned out to be a handful of croissants for the price of an entire continental breakfast.

We got an online deal on this Hotel (Hotwire.com). We would recommend booking elsewhere. No matter the savings.

Still not sure if they vacuum. Ewwwww. On the plus side the bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: If you like Football, stay here. Otherwise book elsewhere.
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Millennium and Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea Football Club. We are disappointed to hear you were not satisfied with your stay and that our performance was below our usual high standards. We pride ourselves on the level of customer service we provide and on this occasion I can only apologise for the situation regarding your breakfast, although we do value every opportunity to improve our overall customer experience and I have passed your comments on to the relevant team for action. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Pluses About $190 a night,Priceline booking. The hotel is set back from busy Fulham road so the rooms are quiet. Our decent sized room was clean with plenty of hot water. With one minor exception the staff were friendly. The neighborhood is not upscale, but is comfortable and unthreatening. There is a tube station about a 5 or ten minute walk. The tube station has stores, banks, and 3 good places for inexpensive breakfasts. There is a bus 2 minutes form the hotel that takes you to Picadilly.
Negatives. Even though I had emailed requesting one large bed, they initially placed us in a twin bedded room, and pushed the beds together. The mattress sagged and the air conditioning did not work although they responded quickly and tried to fix it After 2 uncomfortable nights on request we were moved to a room with a better mattress and adequate air conditioning, Fulham Road is not really a very desirable tourist neighborhood unless football/soccer is a priority. It is not close to any tourist attractions, certainly not walkable. The tube or bus will get you where you want to go, but not quickly. When we were there may streets were closed in preparation for the queen's jubilee and olympics. A taxi to Picadilly cost us 25 pounds plus.
Don't have breakfast at the hotel unless you want to spend 30 pounds. About 12 pounds at Starbucks or Pret a Manger in the tiube station.
In short this hotel is an adequate, but for tourist needs, I would consider paying more to stay in a more centrally located neighborhood.

Room Tip: If you don't like your room request a change. They are accomodating. If you want a convenient lo...
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We were pleased to read that many aspects of your stay were to your satisfaction and glad to hear your minor issues with the room were resolved fully, although it is regrettable your first two nights with us were affected by problems with the bed and the air conditioning. We feel the hotel is located in a prime location which caters for needs of our guests very well and it worth stressing we are situated very close to a number of convenient public transport links. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.