“Great value and service”

Millennium & Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea Football Club
Ranked #404 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great value and service”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed here for twelve days recently as I was working in London. I booked online through lastminute.com and it was a top secret hotel so I got a very good deal.

As other reviewers have pointed out, when you arrive it is not clear which hotel you are actually in but as they are right next to each other it's no big deal to walk across anyway. I was in Copthorne and although this is not supposed to be the nicest one I was very happy with my room. I was on the seventh floor and had a good sized double bed which was very comfortable. The room also had a sofa, coffee table and good sized tv with freeview channels. As I was working for two weeks I also found the large wardrobe with plenty of hanging space and the ironing board and iron useful. The bathroom was modern and clean with a very nice shower. I really found the room to be smart and clean which is what I was looking for really. The views were over towards the city which was quite nice too.

The service here was fantastic. Everyone was friendly and helpful. My room was cleaned really well every day. I wanted to book a taxi on my last day and the guy at the concierge desk very helpfully found out how much it would be and how long it would take to get there and booked it all for me. He couldn't have been more helpful. I ordered room service on a couple of occasions and the food was very good (from the attached Frankie's diner) and always delivered promptly.

The hotel is five minutes walk from Fulham Broadway tube station and there are also plenty of buses that go from there too into the city. I was there during a game but didn't find the hotel any noisier as a result of this.

I would definitely stay here again for the price I paid.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Donna W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

This place is designed for football fans in massive droves, so I imagine that priorities are somewhat different from your workaday hotel in London. The building is a glass and metal box, with a rather bizarre entranceway in that you have to go up a floor to get to reception. The decor is a bit jarring - the carpets in the corridors especially look like the sort of patterns you see when you've just rubbed your eyes too hard. The rooms are pretty good with striking views out over West London, although the decor and fittings were a little...tired, maybe? The bathroom was good - especially the shower. Perhaps the best aspect of the stay was the staff, who were without exception polite, efficient and charming.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Have Stayed here on numerous occasions while travelling over regularly for Chelsea Fc Home Games! Have always found the Staff extremely Kind and Helpful to us no matter what! Have to give a special Mention to Joe at the Entrance Reception!! A really thorough Gentleman! On this particular trip we were welcomed by the Duty Manager Daniel Patel and what a nice Guy he was!! He cudn't have done anymore for us to make our stay so wonderful! Many Thanks Daniel for all your Kindness eventhough you were very busy and the hotel was fully booked out you still managed to be so helpful! We really appreciate it!! Would totally recommend this hotel to anyone and keep up the good work everyone!!

Lynda O' Sullivan
Cork City
Ireland

• Stayed January 2014
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2014

A nice hotel situated as part of the football stadium.

It's large and welcoming however a few major downfalls.

Firstly, I did not ask for a wake-up call at 5am. As a professional driver I NEED my sleep. In the end I left the phones off the hook but someone still came to the door. - Mistakes happen.

The decor in the room/bathroom is very much mid 90's.

The smart TV was a nice touch as was the free wifi.

However my biggest rant is the cost of parking. Yes I know the parking is the responsibility of the football club - But £55 to park my coach?! I was due to stay for 4 nights which would total £220 just to park - An utter disgrace.

The hotel needs to come to an agreement with the FC. Shocking!!!

1 Thank Chris W
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2014

First time I'd stayed at this hotel in West London which, apart from the football, is a good place to stay if you're from out of town and plan on seeing a band at the club venue Under The Bridge (excellent live venue, by the way!) Service was very good, I was pleased to be given an early check-in and the room was comfortable and fairly spacious. Value for money. Only slight negative is the cost of overnight parking isn't cheap, but if you leave the car at home Fulham Broadway tube is only a 5-minute walk away. Would recommend.

Room Tip: There are 2 linked hotels. Seemingly the Millennium is the superior hotel accommodation-wise, but...
East Sussex
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times - I usually rate it hence why I booked again but this time on arriving in the room the counterpane on the bed had a nasty thick white stain on it. There was also something brown on the carpet that looked pretty nasty.

The female receptionist was surly and most unwelcoming. I got a disabled room which I hate..

Finally if you want an internet connection - I had a frustrating time with a very poor slow signal.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
millcopchelsea, PA to the General Manger at Millennium & Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea Football Club, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We were disappointed to hear that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. We do hope you brought your issues to the attention of our Duty Manager who would have been able to rectify this instantly. We thank you once again for your feedback as this always assists us in further improving our service.

Kind regards,
Hotel Management
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We booked this hotel via a website (not their own), we got a superb price for a double room.
Whilst we only used the hotel for a base, the beds were comfortable, the rooms spotless and for London quite spacious. The staff were courteous and helpful and its only a short walk to the Tube Station. I would definitely use this hotel again for value.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
millcopchelsea, PA to the General Manager at Millennium & Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea Football Club, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were more than satisfied with all the amenities provided in your room. We were particularly pleased to hear that our staff were polite and courteous towards you. We are in full agreement that the hotel is well placed as it has great transport links literally on our doorstep. We thank you once again for your comments and look forward to welcoming you backl again in the near future.

Kind regards,