“The best deal in London!”

Millennium & Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea Football Club
Ranked #408 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Plantsville, CT
“The best deal in London!”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We are traveling for four months and rented a room at this hotel for two days while visiting a friend. We liked it so well we rented it for another day, then gave into its charms and stayed another 6 for a total of 9 days. Spotlessly clean, good location, very comfortable and great service: we would return and recommend to friends.

We made our reservation through a third party and got a wonderful price. For our first two nights we were given a complimentary upgrade to a superior room in the Millenium--very spacious, great bed, nicely decorated. They managed to keep us in that room when we extended our reservation for another night. When we then tacked on six more nights, including the nights before and after a football game, they moved us to the Copthorne to another superior room. Throughout, the staff took every step to ensure our comfort and convenience.

We travel for four to six months a year and always use white noise on the computer, since there is always some noise that might otherwise disturb us. In the first room, when we kept the window open (in itself a wonderful feature!) we heard noise from a train, which is to be expected in a city. In the second room we heard no noise, including on game day when there were 60,000 fans in the adjacent stadium. We were very impressed.

We had one quick lunch at Frankie's and everything was fine, even though sports themed restaurants aren't my favorite (but at a football club, certainly to be expected!) Didn't eat at any other restaurants or use any fitness facilities.

A shout-out to so many people who gave us excellent, personalized service above and beyond what is usually found, even in a four star hotel: Alberto, Kuba, Claudio, Evan, Dele, Este, Anez and Denys. Even during busy times they handled all of our requests with speed, courtesy and kindness. Thanks so much!

The one drawback, though I hesitate to mention it: the Internet connection was free, but very slow. I tried a paid version for a few hours that wasn't much better, but if you are tied to your computer, especially for work, this would have been a problem. My partner's Chromebook worked better sometimes, but my Apple devices were very slow.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2014

having stayed at this hotel a few times in a club room, we were expecting the same this time however when we checked in we were greeted by Daniel Patel, duty manager who said as we had stayed a few times before we could have an upgrade, we were upgraded to a suite wow it was fantastic with loads of extras. we came on a matchday but nothing was to much trouble. everything about this stay was great. breakfast was good and we will be going back soon. a big thank you to Daniel and all the staff that made our stay extra special.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This hotel is perfect for any chelsea fan!! On the grounds of the mighty Stamford Bridge, friendly staff, however we did have to wait for our room to be ready. Saying that rooms were lovely, loads of extras to make the stay even better. Bathroom floor had underground heating so it was so warm after the shower ;) . I wasn't too impressed with the continental breakfast but I prefer cooked breakfasts anyway. Would definitely stay here again. Brilliant for chelsea fc!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

With a very large group we had a function at the Hotel and our meal at the restaurant. The service was very smooth and timely. Each received special attention and they all raved about the food, the freshness of every dishes and the variety. We also took some break out rooms, they are very well appointed, bright and spotlessly cleaned. For our group another big bonus point was the location, as each had different transport method, this was just perfect for everyone's needs. Thank you to Mark White and his team, we will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed for one night at the Millennium Hotel. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful and the hotel very clean.
I had booked through lastminute as a solo traveller and on discovering I had a twin room, I asked to move to a double. I was told it would cost 30 pounds more so said not to bother but reception called back a minute later and said the manager had agreed to a move.
The room was very nice, all the usual things you'd expect in a UK hotel but not 4* or 5* if you are comparing to ME/Asia but not complaints-very good for GB.
Just a warning some rooms face to the bar/restaurant that would be bright on a low floor.
Fulham Rd Tube is less than 5 mins walk away so the whole of London easy to access.
A superb breakfast cafe just up the road too -Love Walk Cafe.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Gareth R
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed here for twelve days recently as I was working in London. I booked online through lastminute.com and it was a top secret hotel so I got a very good deal.

As other reviewers have pointed out, when you arrive it is not clear which hotel you are actually in but as they are right next to each other it's no big deal to walk across anyway. I was in Copthorne and although this is not supposed to be the nicest one I was very happy with my room. I was on the seventh floor and had a good sized double bed which was very comfortable. The room also had a sofa, coffee table and good sized tv with freeview channels. As I was working for two weeks I also found the large wardrobe with plenty of hanging space and the ironing board and iron useful. The bathroom was modern and clean with a very nice shower. I really found the room to be smart and clean which is what I was looking for really. The views were over towards the city which was quite nice too.

The service here was fantastic. Everyone was friendly and helpful. My room was cleaned really well every day. I wanted to book a taxi on my last day and the guy at the concierge desk very helpfully found out how much it would be and how long it would take to get there and booked it all for me. He couldn't have been more helpful. I ordered room service on a couple of occasions and the food was very good (from the attached Frankie's diner) and always delivered promptly.

The hotel is five minutes walk from Fulham Broadway tube station and there are also plenty of buses that go from there too into the city. I was there during a game but didn't find the hotel any noisier as a result of this.

I would definitely stay here again for the price I paid.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Donna W
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

This place is designed for football fans in massive droves, so I imagine that priorities are somewhat different from your workaday hotel in London. The building is a glass and metal box, with a rather bizarre entranceway in that you have to go up a floor to get to reception. The decor is a bit jarring - the carpets in the corridors especially look like the sort of patterns you see when you've just rubbed your eyes too hard. The rooms are pretty good with striking views out over West London, although the decor and fittings were a little...tired, maybe? The bathroom was good - especially the shower. Perhaps the best aspect of the stay was the staff, who were without exception polite, efficient and charming.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends