Millennium & Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea Football Club
Ranked #400 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Dublin, Ireland
“Great for groups”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I stayed here for a night as part of a group and the hotel were very hospitable to us. While it was hidden beneath the shadow of Stamford Bridge it was in an ideal location in London. They had no problem putting up with terrible teenagers!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
millcopchelsea, PA to the General Manager at Millennium & Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea Football Club, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We were delighted to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. We were particularly pleased to hear that found our hotel to be conveniently placed. We thank you once again for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Scotland
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Good size room with good facilities, clean and comfortable. Two restaurants on site and close to the tube station and with a range of shops and restaurants nearby. Had a secret hotel deal of £69 a night- good value. Only criticism I would make would be of the mattress on the bed- seemed cheap and not very comfortable. Ate at the Marco Pierre White restaurant- decent food and good value with the discount book provided by the hotel. Breakfast ok- £12, would probably go to the Pret A Manger nearby next time.

Room Tip: Secret rooms seem to be allocated on a twin bed basis. Worth a narrow bed to save around £60 on the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We were delighted to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. We were particularly pleased to hear that you ventured out to explore the local area. We do hope that you brought any concerns to the attention of the Duty Manager who would have been able to assist you. We thank you once again for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Neath Port Talbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Like many reviewers I booked this as a secret hotel via Last minute (does anyone pay the rack rate here?) and it was very good value. This part of Fulham is quite peaceful when no football is being played and there are some good options for eating nearby. Comfortable and well appointed clean rooms although the reception is not terribly welcoming in appearance or functionality. Like other reviewers I found that Last Minute doesn't seem pass on room requests so if you want a double not a twin the hotel advise ringing them directly once you have booked.

Room Tip: If you book through last minute then ring the hotel directly to secure a double not a twin. The rail...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
millcopchelsea, PA to the General at Millennium & Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea Football Club, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We were delighted to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one and that you were more than pleased with the amenities provided in your room. We were particularly pleased to hear that you took the opportunity to venture out and explore the local area. We thank you once again for your lovely comments and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The room is quite okay and I am directing my review at the terrible service I had. Simply one of the worst experience I had staying at a hotel. At check-in, the receptionist with a very strong, nearly incomprehensible French accent asked me in English if I wanted to book breakfast with them since it is not included in my reservation. I answered by telling him that a friend of mine MIGHT join me the next morning for breakfast and before contacting him I could not yet give a definite answer. The receptionist then offered me two vouchers, leading me into thinking that it was something I can use to make a booking if I did decide to order the breakfast, which I didn't and I therefore leave them in the rubbish bin. On the day of departure, another receptionist surprisingly declared that I would have to pay 24 pounds for the 2 breakfasts I didn't even have in the restaurant. After explaining the whole situation to him, all he did was repeating in a unfriendly, impatient, and even rude manner that 'I still have to pay for it.' Right after returning from that hotel I immediately filed a complaint via email and after asking me to present the vouchers which I left in the hotel room and of course could not reclaim, and some receipts that I didn't receive at all, the hotel then turned a deaf ear to my further complaints. Having travelled extensively, this hotel made me rethink what 'hospitality industry' essentially is. And if you require a comfortable stay with the least degree of dignity and respect, please don't ever stay in this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank liccholanme
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Booked this on last minute.com and was a very good deal, was upgraded to a double instead of a twin upon arrival and the staff were very friendly! Would definitely go again, local tube (Fulham Broadway) is only 3 minute walk away so in a prime spot to enjoy Chelsea or to tube into the city!

• Stayed April 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed here for four nights in April, and found it overall to be a pleasant experience. We booked via Last minute on one of their secret deals and found it to be excellent value for London. Hotel room was a large double, and was clean and tidy.The hotel itself is only a 5 /10 minute walk from the tube stop, where there are plenty of places to eat.

My only grumble was that we got woken up just after 8am one morning by the cleaner.... errr who wants their room cleaning at that time of the morning when they are on holiday??

Overall I would return here if I were paying the reduced price, but not sure I would pay full price!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I booked this with Last Minute.com. A secret deal that meant i did not know which hotel I was staying at until it was booked A one night stay for £50.00. Fantastic value for London.
The Hotel is very close to the underground station and is in the grounds of Chelsea football club.
The reception staff were very helpful and the room was a good size and very clean.
I found the lighting in the room to be rather dim, even with everything switched on, and there were no blinds or nets at the window, even though the room was overlooked by other hotel rooms.

The mattresses in my room were well used, and sporting a fine trench on both sides of the bed and for some reason housekeeping knocked me up at 7.45 even though i was checking out that day, i told her to go away.
I did not use the restaurant so i can't comment on the food.
Very good location for visiting London, even better if you are a football fan.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple