“amazing experience exceeded my expectation”

Millennium & Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea Football Club
Ranked #426 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 April 2014

stayed in the hotel with a friend recently for a night for the Chelsea-Tottenham match. was welcomed by pleasant reception staff with an honest smile. nice clean rooms with comfy beds and warm décor. I was given a quiet room as per my request when I booked so that I can have good night sleep for a busy boozy ::)) match day.
the pleasant and friendly staff at the breakfast gave me the feeling of great start. I reached late for breakfast but the staff accommodated me well with patience and served me my special omelette I requested.
after a busy morning and afternoon in London I was looking forward for my pre match dinner. I ordered lamb for my main course which was beautifully cooked and served. hats of to the chef.
And the match...what can i say...4 nil to Chelsea. cudnt b a better day.
headed to the delta lounge for the celebration..we were stopped by the security at the door and was asked a few questions but i guess they were just doing their job.
without a doubt the staff was great again...pleasant, smiling and welcoming. enjoyed my evening in the delta lounge.
special thanks to the smiley Italian lady at the reception, the chef who cooked me great lamb, Christina for her friendly service and all other staff at the hotel who made my stay so special.
I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone...
Mr X

Room Tip: great location.. great staff..ample choice of bars & restaurants.. good connections to various p...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
millcopchelsea, PA to the General Manager at Millennium & Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea Football Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We were absolutely thrilled to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one and that you were more than satisfied with the amenities provided in your room. We were particularly pleased to hear that our staff were accommodating and friendly towards you which has left a lasting impression on you. Your positive feedback is appreciated by all our staff and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We spent three nights at this hotel, we had booked a superior room and in the booking we asked for champagne in the room at arrival (a service they suggest on their booking form, so nothing unusual).
The room was standard for a superior, but the window didn't close properly and the noise from the road was quite annoying.
When we checked in our room there was no champagne, when we asked the reason we were told that since they changed our room to a different one they must have forgot.
The second day, when we came back to our room at 5pm there had still been no house keeping, and we got some surprised looks from an employer of the hotel when we asked if we could get housekeeping and some clean towels.

Overall for a hotel that charges a little shy of 150GBP a night I would have expected a way better service. For these prices there's way better in London.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It was disappointing to hear that your stay with us was not up to your standard. We do hope that you brought any issues you encountered to the attention of the Duty Manager who would have done their utmost best to rectify the situation. We do however thank you for your feedback as this always helps us to further improve our service. We wish happier travels in the future.

Hotel management

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Glad I didn't pay more than my £60 a night as certainly not worth a penny more. The hotel was in a good location and quiet during the night. However, the bed was so uncomfortable that both me and husband had a bad back in the morning. Every spring can be felt and it needs replacing. There were stains on the chair and the room was far too hot. We had to keep the window open the whole time. When we checked in concierge insisted on bring up our one small case, this wouldn't be a problem but after half an hour of waiting my husband went down to collect it to be told they had forgotten. We checked out a day early, was not asked by reception how everything was so didn't bother saying anything as he was clearly not bothered if our stay was ok.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We were disappointed to hear that your stay with us was not an enjoyable one. We do hope that you brought your issues to the attention of the Duty Manager who would have been happy to assist. We thank you once again for your comments as this always helps us to further improve our service.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I stayed here for a night as part of a group and the hotel were very hospitable to us. While it was hidden beneath the shadow of Stamford Bridge it was in an ideal location in London. They had no problem putting up with terrible teenagers!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We were delighted to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. We were particularly pleased to hear that found our hotel to be conveniently placed. We thank you once again for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Good size room with good facilities, clean and comfortable. Two restaurants on site and close to the tube station and with a range of shops and restaurants nearby. Had a secret hotel deal of £69 a night- good value. Only criticism I would make would be of the mattress on the bed- seemed cheap and not very comfortable. Ate at the Marco Pierre White restaurant- decent food and good value with the discount book provided by the hotel. Breakfast ok- £12, would probably go to the Pret A Manger nearby next time.

Room Tip: Secret rooms seem to be allocated on a twin bed basis. Worth a narrow bed to save around £60 on the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We were delighted to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. We were particularly pleased to hear that you ventured out to explore the local area. We do hope that you brought any concerns to the attention of the Duty Manager who would have been able to assist you. We thank you once again for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Like many reviewers I booked this as a secret hotel via Last minute (does anyone pay the rack rate here?) and it was very good value. This part of Fulham is quite peaceful when no football is being played and there are some good options for eating nearby. Comfortable and well appointed clean rooms although the reception is not terribly welcoming in appearance or functionality. Like other reviewers I found that Last Minute doesn't seem pass on room requests so if you want a double not a twin the hotel advise ringing them directly once you have booked.

Room Tip: If you book through last minute then ring the hotel directly to secure a double not a twin. The rail...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
millcopchelsea, PA to the General at Millennium & Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea Football Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We were delighted to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one and that you were more than pleased with the amenities provided in your room. We were particularly pleased to hear that you took the opportunity to venture out and explore the local area. We thank you once again for your lovely comments and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

The room is quite okay and I am directing my review at the terrible service I had. Simply one of the worst experience I had staying at a hotel. At check-in, the receptionist with a very strong, nearly incomprehensible French accent asked me in English if I wanted to book breakfast with them since it is not included in my reservation. I answered by telling him that a friend of mine MIGHT join me the next morning for breakfast and before contacting him I could not yet give a definite answer. The receptionist then offered me two vouchers, leading me into thinking that it was something I can use to make a booking if I did decide to order the breakfast, which I didn't and I therefore leave them in the rubbish bin. On the day of departure, another receptionist surprisingly declared that I would have to pay 24 pounds for the 2 breakfasts I didn't even have in the restaurant. After explaining the whole situation to him, all he did was repeating in a unfriendly, impatient, and even rude manner that 'I still have to pay for it.' Right after returning from that hotel I immediately filed a complaint via email and after asking me to present the vouchers which I left in the hotel room and of course could not reclaim, and some receipts that I didn't receive at all, the hotel then turned a deaf ear to my further complaints. Having travelled extensively, this hotel made me rethink what 'hospitality industry' essentially is. And if you require a comfortable stay with the least degree of dignity and respect, please don't ever stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo