Millennium & Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea Football Club
Ranked #404 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel, in the copthorne one, for the weekend of the rugby sevens tournament. Lovely surprise on arrival to find out the teams were staying there too. We arrived at 9 am on the chance we could check in early, but the hotel was booked, so we were allowed to leave our bags with the concierge, which was a great benefit. Lovely room, and such pleasant and professional staff. Will definitely recommend to friends and hopefully return again. Also the restaurant underneath, Marco pierre white's grill, was fabulous!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a friends wedding- the reception was held in the hotel. The first problem was that my mum and I had booked a twin room, we were sent to a room with a double bed and when I returned to reception to request a change we were told this was not possible! I had confirmation of my booking fur a twin, which they acknowledged but said nothing else available. I also had my daughter with me (age 2 1/2) and had requested a 'put up bed' for her- we were given a tiny travel crib, no way she would fit in it! Pointed this out to reception, again told there was nothing they could do. I asked to speak to the manager and was sent to an adjacent hotel (copthorne) where she didn't even have the decency to speak to me face to face, only on the phone where she said the hotel was overbooked and she could not offer me anything. The hotel had already taken full payment for the room when I booked 5 months previously, and I had called 48 hours prior to arrival to check all ok and was not warned I would not be given the room I had booked and paid for. In the end I insisted the hotel provide 3 separate beds in the room (which was small for a superior!) and I ended up sleeping on a z-bed on the floor- lovely!
On top of this the facilities were in impressive- I didn't ask for much, just a cup of coffee from room service at 1030pm (could not use kettle in room as extra beds blocking access and baby was sleeping) I was told this wasn't possible as they were cleaning their coffee machine and did so every Friday night! The reception staff were astounded by these comments when I told them and did their best to resolve this- but no one in the hotel could manage to find me a simple coffee on a Friday night, shocking!
I am currently in the process of corresponding with hotel management about my extreme disappointment with their service, but going by the standard of customer relations their management has already shown me, I do not expect to get far with my complaint!
My advice- save yourself the money and book elsewhere, find a hotel that cares about their guests comfort and satisfaction!

Stayed May 2014
London
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I booked a room at The Millennium at Chelsea Football Club and came to the Hotel at 6am, hoping for an early check-in.
Firstly, the staff were friendly and helpful saying that the hotel was currently fully booked and as soon as a guest checked out the room would be cleaned and I could check-in.
Whilst waiting in reception I saw many guests checking out.
Then I was told that Housekeeping didn't arrive until 7AM, then I was told 8.30AM, then 9AM and then between 9-10AM.
I was promised an early check-in, and that the room would be ready between 9-9.15AM.
At 8.45AM I was told that the cleaner was in the room, and this went on until 10AM.
At 10AM I was told that "maybe the room has been cleaned but not inspected" and "maybe we are keeping rooms available for guests that may have paid from the previous night" and then the promise of the early check-in was removed and I was just told 2PM.
The Front of House manager Chiara Vierchowod could not have been any more rude, patronising and argumentative if she tried.
I then contacted the General Manager's PA, who seemed helpful which was great but constantly quoted me hotel policy without regarding the broken promises the hotel had made to me. And then knowing I had been waiting since 6AM it still wasn't deemed to just have my room checked over so I could check-in - instead giving me every possible reason why this couldn't happen until 2PM.
This is no way to treat a customer, as all was needed was a room to be cleaned that was checked out and made available after being promised.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank bobbyjenkins1989
millcopchelsea, PA to the General Manager at Millennium & Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea Football Club, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We were disappointed to hear that your stay with us was not an enjoyable one. Regrettably you arrived at the hotel 8 hours before your 2pm check-in time. Normally we would try our best to accommodate a guest with an early check-in but as stated to you in person this was not possible due to the hotel being fully booked. We can therefore only offer a room when one becomes available within the category which you have booked. We do however appreciate your feedback as this assists us with further improving our service. We wish you happier travels in the future.

Kind regards,
Hotel Management
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on the 10th May. We were attending the London sevens tournament and the team's were actually staying at this hotel. We were in the copthorne hotel. Room was lovely, staff were friendly and efficient. We ate in the Marco Pierre grill underneath the hotel, which was superb. Overall, would recommend this hotel, good location, services and rooms.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We were delighted to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one and that you were more than satisfied with the amenities provided in your room. We were particularly pleased to hear that our staff were friendly and efficient towards you which clearly left a good impression on you. We thank you once again for your lovely review and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind regards,
Hotel Management
Wigan
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Well I've saved this for the end of the 8 week stay me and the team have had here.

Check in is quite slick the policy is credit card swipe on arrivals so be prepared as a few don't like this practice!

Rooms have all been really modern, superbly furnished and spotlessly clean. Decent quality toiletries and air conditioned with opening windows too. (I like fresh air).

Breakfast - probably the best I've had in dozens of London hotels. Such a wide variety of fruits cereals, pastries and full English. Porridge and eggs cooked to order and consistently outstanding quality of hot fresh food.

Service consistently fantastic a complete credit to the company.

Faultless experience for 8 weeks can't recommend highly enough.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I checked in for one night at the last minute as I decided to stay in London for an extra night and I had a meeting at the football club.

I spent an hour back and forth with the reception to try and get the internet working after I had paid the £10 charge for 24 hours which is ridiculous as it is, as I needed somewhere to sit for a few hours in quiet and do some work.

The internet is still not working properly as it spends 1 minute working then 3 minutes not. There is also banging from work being done next to my room.

As you guessed, I am writing this review from the app on my phone as no way the internet would work well enough to post here.

Internet is not a luxury any more. It is 2014 and an every day necessity! You cannot set yourself up as a business hotel and charge £10 for internet that works about as well as mine home modem did in 1998.

Real shame. Also the staff have no idea how to handle anything like this.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Just random to have booked this hotel for a weekend and turned out to be an amazing experience. When we walked in the first impression was not impressive as it felt like walking in an service apartment but, once we reached at reception to check in then it was warm and welcoming. Room was not as big as we thought but, it was very clean and neat. I was impressed about the service we received in restaurant as well as in Delta lounge on ground floor. Staff were smiling and looks happy and helpful especially a tall lady supervisor / manager in lounge (sorry, don't remember name). Food was cooked perfectly and served with passion. Especially in delta lounge it felt privileged when security stopped us and once we identified guest then we were let in. Overall was surprisingly amazing experience, certainly 5 star service of London hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends