“No runing, no hiking, just book the Cardiff”
Review of Cardiff Hotel

Cardiff Hotel
Ranked #626 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Kaunas, Lithuania
“No runing, no hiking, just book the Cardiff”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Very clean, small rooms, but it's usual for London, good place close to Padington, comfortable beds, good linen. Our room was on fourth floor, so with no elevator you can get here with two three stops on narrow staircase with your luggage. The check out at 10.30 is a little bit early, but at leadt you can leave your luggage at reception. A little bit overpriced.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The Cardiff Hotel is situated on a quiet street facing a small park. In two minutes time, you are at the Paddington Station, bus stops and just a 7 minute walk to Hyde Park. It's close to Notting Hill and High Street Kensington, as well! There are countless restaurants, shops and points of interest in this neighbourhood.
All of the rooms at the hotel have been redone and are very clean, cozy and comfortable. I have been coming to London year after year, and the Cardiff Hotel is my hotel of choice.... Why? Because it's everything I look for in a hotel when I'm traveling, and that's why I keep coming back here to stay. Reasonable room rates, great breakfasts, clean rooms, all situated in one of the nicest areas of London. What makes my trip so memorable each time, is the staff, who really are wonderful and go out of their way to insure their guests are happy. They really make you feel 'at home,' when your away from home, and for me, this is important! I love staying here and highly recommend it to everyone!
I have to mention also that all of the rooms and breakfast room have been completely redone, and I was able to see the whole process from beginning to end, between my numerous stays. I have to say that they did a wonderful job it shows. I love staying here and really feel like I'm 'coming home' when I walk through the door. And that, is a great feeling!

Room Tip: If you'd like a view, why not chose a room facing the park? The hotel is on a quiet street, so...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Leesa G
Easley, South Carolina
Reviewed 23 July 2014

First, the location is fabulous. It is a very short walk from Paddington Station and is very easy to find. There is a little park right outside the front door of the hotel as well.

There is no lift in the hotel. My room was on the 3rd floor, so carrying bags up skinny winding staircases for several floors after a long trip was not a good start. I have a room that had a private balcony. The balcony was great. The view was to the back of other buildings, but with a room so small I couldn't even put my suitcase down it was nice to have a little space to avoid claustrophobia. I think the balcony was as large as the room. A towel for the bath was provided, but the first night I did not even get any soap! The hotel was very budget looking so I figured maybe they just didn't provide soap until I got one the the second day. The shower was the worst shower I have ever experienced at a hotel. It is tiny, but that is fine with me. The problem was the water pressure, or rather, the lack there of. The water just fell out of the nozzle. There was no pressure at all; it just fell from gravity. It definitely was not a nice way to try and refresh after a long trip.

The breakfast was mediocre. I also found it very interesting before I arrived how they made such a big deal that they are open 24 hours. It was even more interesting after staying there and seeing there was no one at the front desk when I arrived back after a show at about 11 pm and no one when I checked out around 5:30 am in the morning. I am not sure what exactly constitutes open 24 hours, but I would think that would mean someone at the desk.

I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jim B

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

First impressions cute, then had to manoeuvre through piled timber in the stairwell and luggage piled everywhere, with our suitcases up to 1st floor (thank goodness only 1 floor). Room clean but blanket on bed and spare not so clean looking. Shower so small you wouldn't want to drop the soap. In all good location but over priced .

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Catherine J
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Cardiff when we first arrived in London. We arrived late at night and were pleasantly surprised at its close vicinity to Paddington Station. Virtually one block away and we were there at our destination. Beautiful breakfast included each morning in a lovely setting downstairs. We couldn't have been happier with the accommodation and friendly service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jennifer S
Nokia, Finland
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I spent four nights at Hotel Cardiff with my two kids aged 12 and 17. The hotel is situated ideally in a peaceful, beautiful area, the nearest Tube station just around the corner. The centre of London can be reached in no time. Around the hotel we found nice restaurants with good food, small shops where we could buy snacks, etc. Hyde Park is within a walking distance from the hotel; we enjoyed one hot day having a picknick there, and the kids enjoyed it a lot. The hotel is quite old and a little bit shabby, but renovations are on the way. Free WiFi and breakfast were included. We'll choose the same hotel next time when London calls us again!

Room Tip: There is no lift in the hotel, and the stairs are quite steep. So, if you have problems carrying you...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I, a single parent stayed at Hotel Cardiff in Norflok square paddington along with my two kids aged 12, 19 from 15th June till 18th june 14. The hotel is situated ideally a comfortable walking distance ie not more than 100 mtrs from the Paddington tube station. We were really happy with the location and was just perfect since all our travel was through tubes primarily . it really served our purpose of hopping on n off any time of the day or night.
Also the hotel overlooks a beautiful garden which gives it a very homely feel. initially at the time of check in I was given a back facing triple room which I was very disappointed to enter. I knew I wont be able to stay here for three nights if they would not change it. but to my expectation when I went downstairs to the reception and requested them for the change in the room for a front facing one they initially said we are full, but in five minutes only they called me in my room and asked if I was ok to check in after about 3 hours. I happily agreed.
Breakfast is included in the deal and is basic English breakfast in a nice cozy basement which is kept neat. No complaints. Staff is helpful too.
Another nice feature about the hotel is its surroundings.. Very nice market place just as soon as you come down from the hotel. nice old english pubs , KFC, Mcdonalds in case you have small kids, shwarma place, Costa coffee everything is literally 20 steps away !
Only ONE Down side : SIZE OF THE ROOM. its small but the size of Bathroom is TINYYYYY )) rediculously small.
But then given the other benefits I was really happy I found this one. If you are one of those luxurious travellers this one is not for you. but if you are ok with small size of room n bathroom and wanna look at the functional aspect of the hotel its a thumbs up !

Room Tip: Try getting the front facing rooms with garden view. you ll love them esp in the mornings.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family