“Reasonable value in the suburbs”

Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal
Ranked #221 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Sydney, Australia
“Reasonable value in the suburbs”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

As everyone else has noted - the primary issue with this hotel is that it is a little out of central London, but makes up for it by being next door to the tube station on the Central Line. It should normally be reflected in the price, so it's your choice to make. If you're here for four days then put a weekly Zone 1-2 travelcard onto your Oyster and you're set. I've done what others have done which is add a little PAYG credit and gone to places like Hampton Court Palace, but the Oyster system works everything out for you. Travel from Heathrow by tube is slightly awkward having to shuttle from Acton Town to Ealing Broadway but the connections worked for me.

Hotel itself - if you've stayed in a Holiday Inn Express before then this is the same standard. It's clean and comfortable, not huge but not tiny and a decent shower. Although I could see part of the tube platform from my room, I wasn't bothered by the sound at all and slept easily. Free breakfast was fine. Free wi-fi worked well. Some days when collecting the password they asked if I was a Priority Club member - technically I am but I was on a rate ineligible for credit so I left the card at home, but I just said "yes" and they were happy to hand over a new daily code without much fuss.

Also thought I'd note that the laundry service charges here are actually not that bad. I was planning to scout out a laundromat but as I only had a few items I wanted done I ended up just caving and using the service. As I continued my trip I noted that the prices here had been about 1/3 or 1/4 of the hotel laundry prices everywhere else. Naturally it'll still be far cheaper to use a laundromat, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Only service in the area I used was the Tesco Metro over the road - ultimately most of the time you'll just be jumping on that tube and going wherever you'd rather be.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thought I'd mention if you catch the Heathrow Connect or Heathrow Express from London Heathrow to Ealing Broadway, it takes 15-20 minutes, then change to the Central Line to North Acton - 7 minutes. Less stressful if you've got suitcases and quicker than going via Acton Town.

We value our Priority Club members and you still get all the benefits even if you are not eligible for points.

Thank you for staying with us. Hope you will be back soon.

Holiday Inn Express London-Park Royal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Proud to be British
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Good Hotel for touring the capital, two minutes from North Acton Tube station on the Central line therefore all the sites and more are within your range. Good value, comfortable and clean with friendly, helpful staff, buffet breakfast very good, the only down side is the lack of local food outlets for lunch/dinner. There is a Tesco Express over the road for snacks etc. there is also a take away over the road which also provides a small area for eating in but if you require a more formal dining experience or a greater range of choices you will have to travel. Shepherds Bush is three stops away on the tube and at the Westfield shopping area there are a great variety of outlets/restaurants.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for a lovely review. No there are not many food outlets around us but several good restaurants nearby within a short commute. Park Royal Leisure Complex, 5 minutes drive, offers a variety of restaurants, (cinema and bowling); Ealing Broadway, 2 stops by tube has many good restaurants and for a huge variety to choose from, then you can't beat Westfield Shopping Centre.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope next time it will be on leisure?

Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Very close to the Underground, excellent breakfast, free Internet, very clean, accomodates 3 persons in 1 room (for families), great price

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Chavez518
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal, responded to this review, 8 July 2012
What a delightful review to read! and I am absolutely thrilled with the 5 star rating. I am pleased that you were happy throughout your stay and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

Overall its superb! Goodspeed internet , nice breakfast , near tube station , 3 supermarkets less than 100m.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Agifaza
An overall superb review! Thank you. We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

great falls, va
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Stayed 5 nights in 2 rooms with 2 adults and 4 kids ages 10-16 at the beginning of 3 week European trip. I had stayed there with 1 child 3 years ago and enjoyed so the return. The draw for us was the neighborhood, which has everything you would need. Arrived from US and get the travel card put on Oyster for each person. Then took tube from Heathrow. With luggage this is a little tricky, so changed in Acton Town with lift, then Ealing Broadway, then on to North Acton. Don't be in a hurry on this route and you will be fine. Arrived at hotel to rooms just about ready. Stayed in 204 and 205, each a double with a sofa bed. Rooms are reasonable size by European standard, but very well laid out. Upon dropping bags go to Asda store a few bus stops away (right outside hotel, cross bridge, catch bus there on left side near cemetery. Asda is the Wal-Mart of the UK. Bought electrical adaptors and laundry soap. From there I crossed street to Carphone Warehouse, where I bought 2 unlocked cell phones and 2 SIM cards for calling back to US. Very useful. Back on bus to Holiday Inn Express.

As people have said, hotel is right on top of the tube stop. This is considered a zone 2 stop, so works with a zone 1-2 Travelcard, saving money We added 10 pounds to each adult card so we could go to Wimbledon, Hampton Court, and Stratford (Olympic Park) as well as the trip from Heathrow.

The neighborhood really serves the traveler well. As the station is pretty far out from Central London we would go to an activity each day and generally return here at night. Out the door to the right on Horn Lane about a mile from the hotel is a small shopping strip. On the corner is an Indian carryout with awesome Chicken Shish sandwiches. Next to that is the laundromat. The lady that runs this is a true gen. I went right after opening time on Monday and got a great slice of Acton life. Out the door of the hotel to the left is a mini mart that we used for cold drinks and umbrella purchases on rainy days. Across the street is the Tesco which is a mini supermarket and was great for late night ice cream runs. The gem of the neighborhood is the Castle pub. We spent 5 nights in London in at least 8 pubs and this was our favorite. Food is good, beer reasonably cold, barkeeps social and orderly. We just loved it.

Staff at the Holiday Inn Express try extremely hard. Our only disappointment is the change in the breakfast menu from 3 years ago. They used to have more cold cut and cheese choices at breakfast, and now have scrambled eggs and sausage. The sausage was not really popular with our group, but the hotel did a great job of providing a stable base in a useful neighborhood at a reasonable price. Big thanks to the Holiday Inn Express Park Royal for getting our trip off to a great start.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank seasonal-jamaican
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal, responded to this review, 7 July 2012
Delighted that you returned with the whole family. Thank you for a fair and detailed review. I am of course disappointed that we lost a star since your last visit in 2009, but appreciate that the new brand standards for breakfast let you down.

Hope we can make up for the lost star on your next visit and certainly look forward to your return.

Essex
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Hello Everyone,
My Review of Holiday Inn Park Royal, Me and my Girlfriend arrived at 1:30pm on Tuesday the 26th of June 2012, and we went to reception having our room paid for by the BBC as i was going to be on a show and they said that we would have to pay a £30 charge, which we argued and said we couldn't pay it, as we hadn't paid for the room in the first place, went up to the room and we had a twin room the receptionist tried changing the room for us to a double but there wasn't any which we thought fair play thanks for trying :), we were on the 4th floor, and our room was ok for the night, as we only stayed one night we wasn't in the room long, and we got back at about 11pm and went straight to sleep after watching something on the TV and then woke up for breakfast which was ok, the sausages were a bit dry but everything else was ok, checked out and said i would be writing a review on tripadvisor which is what im doing here. Good Points the station is right next to North Acton,

Room Tip: The room we were in you couldn't hear much traffic or trains
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Neilandrewhall
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal, responded to this review, 1 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express London-Park Royal. Not sure if we deserved the 5 star rating. We would have loved to to be more than just OK, but then I can appreciate that we had already upset you when we requested a deposit and unfortunately, we weren't able to change the room type you booked as all the doubles were already taken. I hope you know, we would have been more than accommodating if we had a double. Thank you for letting us know about the sausages, something we can change.

I hope you will stay with us again when we may have the opportunity to change your opinion to a GREAT instead of an OK and Thank You for your review.

Athlone
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I am currently staying at this hotel and due to work commitments in the area and other hotels nearby being completely booked out I will unfortunately be here for the next 2 nights. This is my first time staying in a Holiday Inn and if my experience of customer service so far is to be expected from all branches i'll never use the Group again. I have honestly never stayed in a hotel where you felt requesting basic services to be such an imposition to it's staff. A drink at the poorly stocked bar or an clothes Iron when i asked at 08:30 this morning which now at 13:00 has still not arrived are 2 examples. Breakfast this morning was just about edible,I haven't tried cardboard but it's consistency wasn't un-similar. the bread for toasting was stale and the only friendly face i seen was the nice lady cleaning the tables. There is also a constant noise from the building works across the street.. If Basic customer service that some take for granted or decent food aren't something you expect stay here, if not pay an extra tenner to stay up the road....

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike P
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Park Royal, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Dear Mike P

I have written to you through the internal messaging service. I can clearly see that we failed you on your first experience in an Express. This sounds so not like our usual selves. The picture is still not too clear as I am not aware of any complaints made with us, and as you are still in the hotel, please make yourself known to me so that we can at least try and resolve some of the problems you are experincing before you leave.

As an Express we have a limited bar. Breakfast is standardised in an Express and we do order a daily fresh supply, but stale bread is certainly unacceptable. I apologise that you were not able to use the iron and at the time of writing this, I do hope we managed to provide you with one.

I hope we will have the opportunity to redeem our usual good reputation before you leave.