“Good, clean B&B close to Ealing Broadway”
Review of Grange Lodge Hotel

Grange Lodge Hotel
Ranked #98 of 554 London B&B and Inns
Amsterdam
“Good, clean B&B close to Ealing Broadway”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of July and it was just what I wanted. A reasonable price for a single en-suite (although they gave me a double) close to shops, restaurants and the tube. Good choice for breakfast and I loved the full English. Wifi worked very well in Room 15 as there was a extra router located nearby. Staff were very friendly and I would definitely stay here again when in London.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed the first night of our honeymoon in London. The place is funky, weird, cool, and clean. We liked it, and the breakfast was good. We have no complaints...it is Spartan; but the staff is nice, the place is clean, and the WiFi works.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hopeb739
Wales
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here recently for a night, Nice reception on arrival, single ensuite room was on the 2nd floor. Decor of hotel a bit dated and overall could do with a big make over but then prices would be considerably higher.
Quiet location and a short walk to common and tube.
Nice to have waitress breakfast as hoetls i have stayed in at this price range in London is Buffet.
Also free off road parking if you are early.
Would stay agin.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sunshinekid107
Saint-Pierre, Reunion Island
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

A super staff and the greatest full breakfast on earth!
but the walls are very thin and you do hear things your neighbours do. So it´s a great place to be , but please take a pair of Quies with you and it Will be perfect.
I loved this place , I'm sure you'll enjoy too!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Betilie
Family from Manchester
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed at Grange Lodge Hotel about the same time one year ago. It was so welcoming , friendly, clean and comfy. I returned yesterday after a second visit and it was lovely. The French windows were open from the dining room / lounge and the garden looked beautiful in the sunshine. It all felt so calm and peaceful and I was so glad to be there. The lady who met me on arrival was lovely - gave me a great welcome.

Room Tip: If you are travelling solo and in a single room - I would ask for ensuite.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Catherine24
Skipton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Back in 2012, when I first reviewed this place, I said I'd be back. I have returned in fact several times (which in itself speaks volumes) but this is the first review I've made since then.

I still occupy the same small front single room as then, which is still perfectly adequate for my needs. Nobody should doubt that the GLH is as old-fashioned and unmodernised as they come, but that is exactly one of the reasons I like it! I doubt any of the furniture or fittings is post 1970, the gloss paint includes probably half a dozen layers, but the place is clean, comfortable (snug is a good word for it), quiet and with friendly staff. If you want modern chrome and smoked glass with power shower and trouser press, go fish.

I slept well as I always do here - the situation is very quiet residential. My breakfast was good, though they STILL haven't cottoned on to my point of two years ago which is that it needs to be HOT rather than just warm. So I've reluctantly had to lose them a star. They have, however, reinstated the do-it-yourself toasters which I love, since I can get HOT (nb!) toast ad lib. It's also good to watch other guests nervously approaching the machines as if they were unexploded bombs. The range of comestibles (ahem) for breakfast is broad. They do you well. And my "waitress" was a charming friendly lass (from Oz?), quite unlike the old grump I'd had previously and who was the only reason I ever had cause to complain about the hotel.

I paid, I think, around £40. I still believe that excellent value. So the Terminator will return again.

(It doesn't apply to me who use train and tube to do The Smoke, but there is a very large private parking area out front).

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank A F
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I spent a night in that hotel which is clean , friendly and relatively cheap. they had good break fast .on the other hand it needa sign at the street entrance and good wifi .
the staff are so friendly.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business