“Basic but good value”

Ranked #685 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Basic but good value”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This is a very basic hotel but was ideal for my two night stay. Very small single room which was spotless with a tiny shower room. Fantastic location for Shepherds Bush and Hammersmith. Friendly helpful staff but breakfast was a little disappointing. No traditional English breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mrsmazscott

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Warwickshire
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is a very basic hotel but was ideal for my overnight stay. Very small double room which was quite dated but spotless newly fitted shower room. Fantastic location in veiw of both Shepherds Bush and Shepherds Bush Market tube station. Friendly helpful staff but breakfast was a little disappointing and certainly not 'continental' in the way that I expected. Cereal, tea, toast and boiled eggs Parking available but you must pre book at £6 per day. Overall, it suited me fine as I was staying 1 night and I would be happy to stay there again

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Great location for concert in Shepherds Bush Empire.Room with shower very small but clean and tidy.We had room at the front of the hotel and we did not slept well.There is a very noisy street all night.Breakfast is served on the back in small maybe too small louge.We had to came back to room and wait for a space in dinning room.Staff were friendly and helpful.Breakfast was good .We had tea and coffe in bedroom which is good.Car park is for additional charge 10 pound per day.Hotel is good value for money in London.We can recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a 5 min walk away from shepherds bush tube station, and we booked a family room which adequately slept 4 for just over £100 for a Saturday night including breakfast (on their website, weekends are the most expensive- not surprisingly). The staff are very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. We had a room at the back of the hotel and slept very well. This room was large and we didn't feel cramped at all. The ensuite was very clean and the shower was good. Breakfast consisted of toast, boiled eggs, tea/ coffee, croissants, jams and cheeses. It is a sort of continental breakfast, but you can have as much as you like. All in all, it is excellent value for money in London and in the vicinity. We will definitely stay here again when we visit London again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank R0za
Market Rasen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I booked into the Grantly to attend a concert at Shepherd's Bush Empire, which is no more than 200m away. Perfect!

Staff were friendly and helpful, and I was pleased with my en suite bedroom. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. I didn't eat breakfast so am unable to comment on that.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Hertfordshire
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Booked in here as close to Shepherds Bush Empire, (only 5 minute walk away) Able to drive in as they do have a small car park (need to book space) for £6 a night. You have to pay up front for the room on arrival (which have no problem with) but if you pay by credit card you are charged 2.5% extra, and Debit card £1, we had read this so took enough cash. Reception pleasant, and all staff we met, very nice. The room was small but clean, and had an en suite. When we opened the door to the en suite, we were very surprised to find a brand new and very clean shower, toilet and sink. Only downside was a little small (but usable). The hair dryer was also in the en suite and on quite a short lead, so Ladies if you like to style in comfort, take your own (I'm lucky to have short hair so was OK for me) If you are a light sleeper, please ask for a room at the back of the hotel, as traffic noise very very loud, it didn't bother us, can sleep through anything, but it is one thing I think people might not like (though middle of London, you're got to expect some noise) The breakfast was a little odd, was offered a cold boiled egg when we sat down, but it was good, had the egg and fresh toast (first place I've stayed where the toast is cooked in front of you and delivered hot) also plenty of cereals, croissants, jams and mini packs of cheese on offer. Orange juice, tea and coffee available. I can't say this is the best breakfast I've every had, but the service was good, and I wasn't hungry afterwards.
If you also want a hotel near to Westfield, it's only 10 minutes walk away, and apart from the shops there are many restaurants to eat out in. We went to Gourmet Burger Kitchen (recommended by Daughter) which was very tasty!
My over all review of the Grantly has to be good value for money, pleasant staff and perfect position for both Empire and Westfield. A lot of the other hotels nearby were quite a bit more expensive. Please don't book this hotel if you expect 5 star, as it is what it is, and if you go expecting 5 star you won't rate it well, and it deserves to be rated well for what it provides and at the rate it provides it.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, you NEED to ask for a room away from main road.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Carry-le-Rouet, France
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed with my daughter for one night.
We had the room nb 17 (twin room) - it was really good - 1 large bed + 1 medium bed. The room was very clean, the bathroom was large and easy to use (even if a shelter should be useful).
Close to the metro, easy to find.
People were friendly, the breakfast was ok, although it was not an english one (continental only).
I stayed many times in London in various hotels - this is the very first time that i find such a convenient and good hotel.
I can tell i will book rooms again in that hotel - it is the firt time i took hotel business cards to get their email for future bookings.
Eric from France