“Close to Tube! ”
Review of Grantly Hotel

Grantly Hotel
Ranked #648 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my 84 year old mother for 1 night, (was supposed to be 2, but missed connecting flight)
Great location in safe neighborhood. Park is right across the street. They put us on first floor since my mom used a walker.
We had to leave to catch a flight, & it was raining & slippery out, with 4 suitcases a walker, and a frail Mother, I was worried about maneuvering our way back to airport! The owner saw us struggling & took us directly to nearest handicapped tube station & would not take any money!!! Much thanks for the ride!!!
The breakfast was good, but down a steep flight of stairs. Yummy whole grain toast & Nutella!
I wish we hadn't missed flight & could've stayed longer. My sister & her family are there now.... Staying 3 nights. Good value for the money, rooms are small, but that's the norm in Europe!
Free WIFI!! Free BREAKFAST! They gave us ice, which is also hard to find in Europe. The shower head was hard to figure out, & the hair dryer blows! (No power, bring your own!)

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Pamela S

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I've stayed in this hotel a few years back and was really happy with it, so when I was planning a trip to London with my friends this year, where we'd stay was a no brainer :)

Rooms (we had room for 3 people) might be small for some, but I didn't think something bigger was needed, since we were there to explore the London, not the hotel room. Our room was cleaned everyday, we had a mini fridge, TV and a fan in the room as well. Bathroom a bit smaller, but nothing you can't handle.
We were offered room no. 3 and 16. In 3 we spent the first night and the rest of our stay we were in room 16, since we chose to agree to switch the rooms. The staff kindly moved our luggage, so we didn't have to worry about it.
In room no. 3 we had wifi connection, but in room no. 16 we didn't. The problem was solved immediately when we asked the staff about it and were given passwords to a different wifi :)

The staff is very friendly and always helpful. As for us, we enjoyed out breakfasts - cereals, toasts, croissant, boiled egg, butter, cheeses, marmalades, nutella, tea, coffee, orange juice or just water.

Hotel is just across the street from O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire.There is also a lovely park, Westfield shopping centre and the Shepherd's Bush underground station are just 5 min walk from the hotel. Also I'd recommend the Italian place right next to the hotel :)

Next time, I go to London, I'll definitely choose Grantly Hotel again.

Room Tip: Room no. 3 - downstairs (very basementy like), basically no view outside, but quite big with bigger...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights end of June 2014. Reception was courteous. We had booked a twin room and this is what we received. The room was on the small side but tidy. The bathroom was very small with an adequate sized shower. There was a small fridge for our liquids.We made due. Most rooms in Europe are small. This room is situated at the front of the hotel on a busy street. Wear ear plugs if you are a light sleeper. There are no lifts and the staircase is very narrow. Breakfast consists of cereals, toasts, croissants, cheese, jams, boiled eggs and coffee (instant) and tea. It suited us perfectly. Skipped the coffee and went to McDonalds for coffee. There are several restaurants nearby and the tube station (Shephard Bush) is a five minute walk. You are in center of London in 20 minutes.Lovely park across the street to relax. We enjoyed our stay here and rate it a fair 3.5 stars.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed here for 30 days. The room was clean, in fact they changed the sheets/towels etc everyday. I had a single room with an en suite. The room was on the small size but why would I spend more time in the room then I needed to? when I had the whole of London to explore. A continental breakfast is supplied everyday, consisting of juice/tea/coffee, toast with spreads/cheese and boiled eggs, which was adequate for me. There is a 24 hour receptionist. Only issue I had was because my room was at the top of the building the free WiFi didn't reach me. Two tube stations nearby and plenty of restaurants/shopping, Westfield is just a five minute walk.

Definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We booked the family room (no. 20) in this hotel and stayed there with 2 adults and 2 children. We really enjoyed our stay there. Big and clean room, with a fridge, shower and toilet, everything we needed. The room service as well as the breakfast was fantastic. The price is absolutely fair, great location near bus stops and tube station. We have never had such a great time in London before. Thank you very much!

Room Tip: Family room (no. 20) is downstairs and very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Like a number of other reviewers I was looking for a reasonably priced room for one night as close as possible to the Shepherds Bush Empire. The Grantly couldn't be more convenient! It's only 200 yards away. I booked a single room and I was very impressed with it. It was quite small but it had everything I needed, including a spotless en-suite shower room. Breakfast was quite basic but it was served in a bright, cheerful manner by friendly staff. When I go up London again I wouldn't hesitate to book a room here again. All in all I had a great time.

Room Tip: I had room number 21. Although it's near reception it was very quiet until breakfast time.
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I booked this hotel simply because it was VERY convenient for the Shepherds Bush Empire as I was attending a concert there and didn't really fancy trying to cross London at night! To be honest I wasn't expecting much at all - but I was very pleasantly surprised - the single room (no 23) was off the landing on the stairs and at first sight didn't appear to have a bathroom, but upon exploring (as much as one CAN explore a small single room) I found a shower, toilet and washbasin nicely tucked into what looked like a cupboard in the corner. I have no idea how they managed to install them into that space - built the walls afterwards or something! And I'm glad that my waist line isn't too large as it might have been interesting squeezing past. But everything was there - and was nicely done up.

Tea & coffee were provided as was a small fridge. TV and lights and wall mounted fans as you would expect. No trouser press - I've never felt the need to use a trouser press in any hotel I've ever stayed in, but if this important to you then perhaps you need to make alternative "trouser pressing" arrangements....

I thought there might have been quite a lot of night noise, but it was very quiet indeed - certainly compared to the last place I stayed in London (but the room is at the back of the building which of course does help). Staff were friendly, breakfast was basic but OK (toast, cereal and a boiled egg if you wanted - I didn't - and the usual tea/coffee). The Dinning Room is rather small so I had to share a table - although it turned out to be another solo traveller at the same concert as me, which was nice.

The only point to note was although I had booked online I had to pay upon arrive (that's fine of course), but there was a card surcharge so I paid cash. Something to bear in mind.