“Good location”

Minsk, Belarus
“Good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Location:
Hotel is situated across the road from the Shepherds Bush common green area. It's not far from the city center, just in the 2nd zone (that is fine). Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens are not far. In general place is nice, comfortable, quiet and safe.
Big shopping center Westfield is near the hotel (10 min walking).
Public transport:
Shepherd's Bush Tube Station (it is Central Line) is just a 5-minute walk from the hotel.
Bus stop is also not far from the hotel.
So way to the center can take from 15 min (to Oxford Circus) till 40 min (to City for ex.).
Rooms:
I stayed in 1 bed room, it was very small, but enough for me. Bathroom was not very comfortable (was quite cold in December). Room was served with kettle and tea/coffee/sugar bags.
Free wi-fi was always available.
Breakfast:
breakfast was very simple and always the same - boiled eggs, cheese, coffee-tea, toasts with jam, but it was not so big minus :)

Very attentive and helpful staff.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Julia M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my 84 year old mother for 1 night, (was supposed to be 2, but missed connecting flight)
Great location in safe neighborhood. Park is right across the street. They put us on first floor since my mom used a walker.
We had to leave to catch a flight, & it was raining & slippery out, with 4 suitcases a walker, and a frail Mother, I was worried about maneuvering our way back to airport! The owner saw us struggling & took us directly to nearest handicapped tube station & would not take any money!!! Much thanks for the ride!!!
The breakfast was good, but down a steep flight of stairs. Yummy whole grain toast & Nutella!
I wish we hadn't missed flight & could've stayed longer. My sister & her family are there now.... Staying 3 nights. Good value for the money, rooms are small, but that's the norm in Europe!
Free WIFI!! Free BREAKFAST! They gave us ice, which is also hard to find in Europe. The shower head was hard to figure out, & the hair dryer blows! (No power, bring your own!)

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Pamela S
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I've stayed in this hotel a few years back and was really happy with it, so when I was planning a trip to London with my friends this year, where we'd stay was a no brainer :)

Rooms (we had room for 3 people) might be small for some, but I didn't think something bigger was needed, since we were there to explore the London, not the hotel room. Our room was cleaned everyday, we had a mini fridge, TV and a fan in the room as well. Bathroom a bit smaller, but nothing you can't handle.
We were offered room no. 3 and 16. In 3 we spent the first night and the rest of our stay we were in room 16, since we chose to agree to switch the rooms. The staff kindly moved our luggage, so we didn't have to worry about it.
In room no. 3 we had wifi connection, but in room no. 16 we didn't. The problem was solved immediately when we asked the staff about it and were given passwords to a different wifi :)

The staff is very friendly and always helpful. As for us, we enjoyed out breakfasts - cereals, toasts, croissant, boiled egg, butter, cheeses, marmalades, nutella, tea, coffee, orange juice or just water.

Hotel is just across the street from O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire.There is also a lovely park, Westfield shopping centre and the Shepherd's Bush underground station are just 5 min walk from the hotel. Also I'd recommend the Italian place right next to the hotel :)

Next time, I go to London, I'll definitely choose Grantly Hotel again.

Room Tip: Room no. 3 - downstairs (very basementy like), basically no view outside, but quite big with bigger...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Embrun, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights end of June 2014. Reception was courteous. We had booked a twin room and this is what we received. The room was on the small side but tidy. The bathroom was very small with an adequate sized shower. There was a small fridge for our liquids.We made due. Most rooms in Europe are small. This room is situated at the front of the hotel on a busy street. Wear ear plugs if you are a light sleeper. There are no lifts and the staircase is very narrow. Breakfast consists of cereals, toasts, croissants, cheese, jams, boiled eggs and coffee (instant) and tea. It suited us perfectly. Skipped the coffee and went to McDonalds for coffee. There are several restaurants nearby and the tube station (Shephard Bush) is a five minute walk. You are in center of London in 20 minutes.Lovely park across the street to relax. We enjoyed our stay here and rate it a fair 3.5 stars.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed here for 30 days. The room was clean, in fact they changed the sheets/towels etc everyday. I had a single room with an en suite. The room was on the small size but why would I spend more time in the room then I needed to? when I had the whole of London to explore. A continental breakfast is supplied everyday, consisting of juice/tea/coffee, toast with spreads/cheese and boiled eggs, which was adequate for me. There is a 24 hour receptionist. Only issue I had was because my room was at the top of the building the free WiFi didn't reach me. Two tube stations nearby and plenty of restaurants/shopping, Westfield is just a five minute walk.

Definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Braunschweig, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We booked the family room (no. 20) in this hotel and stayed there with 2 adults and 2 children. We really enjoyed our stay there. Big and clean room, with a fridge, shower and toilet, everything we needed. The room service as well as the breakfast was fantastic. The price is absolutely fair, great location near bus stops and tube station. We have never had such a great time in London before. Thank you very much!

Room Tip: Family room (no. 20) is downstairs and very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Like a number of other reviewers I was looking for a reasonably priced room for one night as close as possible to the Shepherds Bush Empire. The Grantly couldn't be more convenient! It's only 200 yards away. I booked a single room and I was very impressed with it. It was quite small but it had everything I needed, including a spotless en-suite shower room. Breakfast was quite basic but it was served in a bright, cheerful manner by friendly staff. When I go up London again I wouldn't hesitate to book a room here again. All in all I had a great time.

Room Tip: I had room number 21. Although it's near reception it was very quiet until breakfast time.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo