“Really good stay!!”

Best Western Victoria Palace
Ranked #480 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We went with my parents in a triple rooms, the room was quite small but enough for sleeping as we were away all day long. Otherwise, the room was clean, but there were not too much duvet as it was a bit cold in the room during the night.
The staff was really nice and helpful, first night we arrived late and they wanted to order us some food.
The Breakfast was for all, continental and english (but without bacon not easy)!
For the location, it's only 10mins walking distance from London victoria station.
In general, it was a nice stay. I definitely recommend it

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank elodie975

Reviewed 1 February 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for 1 night in January as it is ideally situated within walking distance of the Victoria Palace theatre . We had stayed before in a family room in the annex building in Wilton Road which was fine . This time we booked a twin room ,big mistake !. Our room Number 14 was in a cul de sac oposite the main hotel and was acessed up a flight of very steep narrow stairs . The room was miniscule approx 7ft x 9ft . You couldn't swing a mouse never mind a cat . The twin beds were very uncomfortable and the wall mounted TV had only 4 analogue channels . There was a tiny window with a veiw of a brick wall which you could almost touch . The bath room was only suited to size zero people ,although the shower was a good size. There was a digital safe and tea making facilities .
We had the pre theatre dinner in About Thyme Bar and Bistro a short walk from the hotel , 2 courses for £18.50 and the food and the service were very good . We also had breakfast in Giraffe just around the corner from the hotel . They did an excellent breakfast special with a drink for £5 although we did have to ask for the special menu .

Room Tip: If our room was typical of their twin rooms I would book a family room
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank galavantinggranny
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed here a few months ago whilst on business. Thankfully I arrived late and departed early. As with other reviewers I was placed into the hotel's annexe, which is about five minutes walk away across two roads - a real pain when you've trailed past with luggage only to trail back again! To add insult to injury, my room could better be described as a dungeon - down some narrow stairs with just a small window at head height for light! Apart from that the room was functional. As far as I remember breakfast was OK but probably a blur as I was keen to be on my way!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank JMacToon
Reviewed 18 January 2012

My bf and I recently stayed here for 6 nights and had a wonderful experience. The staff were very friendly and helpful and generally just very pleasant to deal with. Our room was cleaned every day and in regards to service we had no complaints. HOWEVER, if you stay in the Annex that is located on Belgrave, I would ask to switch. We stayed in the basement (rm 22) of this annex and while the room was wonderful there is a group of pigeons that seem to hang out against the building next door and show up at around 3am and do not shut up the rest of the night. Our room had a window that looked into this small courtyard and from about 3am on all we could hear were these annoying pigeons so I slept with earplugs in, which wasn't much of a deal for me. My bf slept straight through which must have been nice. Also, I think the cleaning staff leaves their supplies on the other side of the courtyard to at about 8am they would go to get all their supplies and just let the doors slam behind you. One morning I had enough and went out and a lil rudely (hey who's sweet as pie at 8 am while they’re on vacation, especially after a night of pigeons and slamming doors?!) asked her to stop and we didn't hear anything for the next day or so. I don't hold the pigeons against the hotel, there wasn't much they can do about it. Aside from them, everything was wonderful. The location is literally a 2 min walk down Belgrave from Victoria station and there is so much to do and see in that area that we will definitely be staying here during our next trip to London. My bf's parents joined us and stayed there for 3 nights (in another annex) and had nothing but good things to say about the hotel. They will be heading to London in a few weeks and have decided to stay here again. The TV worked fine, we got loads of channels, the bathroom was a nice size and the room was clean AND they had extra pillows which earned them brownie points in my book!! If you stay here don't expect a big huge room, you probably shouldn't expect that anywhere in Europe, it fits a Queen bed, 2 night tables, a closet area to hang your clothes, a desk and a dressing area. I would highly recommend this hotel, just not the pigeons ;)

Room Tip: If you stay in an annex, request the one on Clarendon St
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JoCanadian
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I arrived at this small hotel and was taken to an annex about 100 yards away. The hotel was recently refurbished. Nice and clean. The TV was tuned in and must have been linked to a free view box ans you got more than the 3 or 4 TV stations, Good reception. Free WiFi ( code is on the phone receiver) .

The room was very small , Box room with on-suite toilet and shower. The shower was a bit of a tight bit for a big fatty like me, but if you are less than 6ft and 20st it would be OK. The Continental breakfast for £12 seemed a rip off to me plenty of eating places and a Tesco in walking distance so why would you bother? Good value OK for business. Close to Victoria.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Geordiefatther
Reviewed 8 January 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for our yearly London visit. The location is great, very close to Victoria where the theatres are and plenty of eating houses to choose from. We had a new experience as our room was in the basement which meant it had very little appeal and was very dark. Not an experience I would like to repeat. I was grateful that we actually spent little time in the room as we were so busy. The beds were comfy although the head of the double bed was next to the radiator making it uncomfortably warm. The breakfast room was small and crowded and not easy to find somewhere to sit. The choice of food was decent but the fruit juice needs to be avoided. Overall we did not find it good value for money which was upsetting as my daughter had paid for it as a treat for me.

Room Tip: I would avoid the basement rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank HappycoupleBingley
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Very comfortable stay. Clean and 5 mins walk from the Victoria Station. Convenient. Staffs are friendly and show us how to get to places. My friends reserve a tour to go to Bath, Windsor Castle with the hotel. We also booked the shuttle that they have an advertise there at the hotel to catch an early flight from Heathrow. The price is reasonable. If you have an early flight to catch at Heathrow, I would recommend to use the shuttle that they recommend. They have some nice restaurants around the hotel. I think I saw a laundry across the street, if you need to have your clothes wash, I think you can try it but we don't have to, so, can't give any comments about it but at least there is one close by. Breakfast is good and give us energy to start the day!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends