Crowne Plaza London - Docklands
US$181
US$429
US$230
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$196
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$302
US$251
US$237
Official Site
1,985 results
All reviewsroyal victoriaexcel centrethe emirates cable caremirates airlinecanary wharfcity airportdlr stationcanning townleisure facilitiessteam roomtesco expressmini barlovely hotelsuperior roomjubilee linelovely roomnight's sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2011

I hadn't stayed at this hotel before, and took advantage of a good deal on 21st July. I was impressed! Worthy of particular mention is Zoeb on Reception - very professional and tried to sell me everything! The room was super (see if you can get one of the panoramic suites!). Helpful staff throughout the hotel. 24hr taxi company on-site to help me out the following morning. Great food, especially the Caprese salad! Being a well-travelled, fussy business traveller, it's difficult to impress me - my recent stay at the CP Docklands did just that. I'll be back, and anybody reading this should give it a go.

Room Tip: Ask for a panoramic suite
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
DGMLondonDocklands, Assistant Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2011

Dear Reviewer,

I thank you for your positive comments and for taking the time to write your thoughts.

I am extremely happy that you had such a lovely stay and this was enhanced by Zoeb's excellent curtomer service. I will pass your comments onto the team.

I look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Kind regards,

Mari Irazusta
Assistant Front Office Manager.

Reviewed 22 July 2011

We stayed 2 nights 8 & 9 July. Had booked 2 rooms one double and one twin, receptionist informed us they no longer have twin rooms so allocated us a family room (double bed and sofa bed) and upgraded the other to one with a nice view over the water. Daughter & her friend stayed in the family room and the sofabed was fine ( had a proper mattress and was a decent sized double bed). My husband and I loved the view from our room. I had the best 2 nights sleep that I'd had for weeks the bed was so comfortable. The bedding was fresh but lovely and soft (I hate rustling hotel bedding). The hotel pool looked very inviting but we didn't have time to try it. Handy location for the DLR - although the signage leaving the station platform to the hotel could be better. There is a spar shop and a newsagents within a few yards of the hotel both offering a good selection of food if you want snacks. We will definitely be making a return visit.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2011

I have stayed here in the past, and the location is brilliant, with easy access to the DLR ( and hence tube as Canning Town is only one stop) Canary Wharf, The West End and City via DLR / Tube and City Airport.

The Rooms are lovely, bright, light, clean, excellent bathrooms, safe, clean , all you could ask for a short business or vacation stay. The facilities are good, with a nice pool and fitness amenity, good car parking and plenty of space for the bar and restaurant.

However, the staff are, in general, a great disappointment. I called for room service four times in the space of an hour, and only got the voicemail of Mr Vikram Singh ( The f & B manager it transpired). I tried to call the front desk, nobody answered ( please note only one of the two telephones in the room was working). When I reached the front desk the lady apologised and said “ your not the only one, everyone is calling us about it, “ as if this would reassure me! She then offered to take my order, which she did, and the food, which was very nice, arrived in about 20 mins.

The TV remote batteries ran out, and so I left it with the front desk the next morning. When I returned the same remote was there with the old batteries still in it. Tried to call the front desk and again no-one answered, so I went down, to be told that someone would come up with a new one immediately, and this was indeed arranged.

I then tried to call for room service ( you can see the pattern emerging) and no-one answered ( three times). I went down, the lady at the front desk again took my order and sent the food up.

This is a brilliant location, it’s a nice building with excellent furnishings, but the staff need to be trained / managed / organised / something as they are making a complete and utter hash out of the potential.

The regional or national management of IHG need to simply go and stay there unannounced and try and do what most people do, order food, watch TV and see how difficult it is.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking out over the water
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2011

me and my partner have just come back from staying here, we stayed 3 days, and from time we got there till the time we left we really enjoyed ourselfs, the breakfast was amazing and breakfast was at really good time frm 6-10.30 and on weekends 1130, the bed was very comfy...... the only bad thing i would say it having to pay 16 night parking.. so after paying 400 for the 3 nights we then had 2 pay another 48 pound for parking...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Be warned we were persuaded on check in to upgrade from a superior room to a suite at a special rate additional charge of £30 per night. However the suite only containd a larger area by the room door, maybe 6 sq meters of carpet. We only discovered this the checking out day when we were able to examine a superior room.
We complained to the manager who was having none of it. This additional 6 sq meters of carpet made the room a suite and we had to pay the surcharge.
So be careful carpet comes expensive at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple