“Great value”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ayrshire, Scotland
“Great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

I spent a weekend in London with friends and we stayed overnight at the Crowne Plaza, Docklands. I would highly recommend the hotel. I am a priority club member so always try to stay in Holiday Inn or Crowne Plaza. I was upgraded to a junior suite - corner room with balcony overlooking river. The room was spacious, modern and clean. The staff at this hotel are wonderful - really great service and welcoming and friendly. The DLR stops right at the back of the hotel and it is only around 20 mins into the heart of London. I got the hotel deal on the ihg.com/exclusive site and paid about £70 for the room in comparison to £150 for a city centre hotel. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: A river view room is gorgeous as you look out at the O2 BUT the rooms on this side are warmer due to...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank cheekymonkey2673
DGMLondonDocklands, Guest Services Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am also very delighted to know that you will stay with us again in the future. Your comment has been passed on to the rest of the team who I am sure will like to join me in thanking you for your generous review.

I finally want to thank you for your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back very soon and to offer you more memorable experiences.

Patience Eshun
Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
Northern Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

We recently spent a lovely weekend in London at the Crowne Plaza, London Docklands. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, whether it's a weekend or longer stay. The train stop is just at the back of the hotel, for travel into the city, it couldn't be easier.
Our room was immaculate and the meals are lovely. We went to a concert at the O2 just across the river, so all in all, we had a super time at the Crowne Plaza. Although a little expensive, we will definitely return when next in London.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
DGMLondonDocklands, Assistant Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay.

I am also very happy to know that you will come back in the future. I will pass your comements onto the rest of the team who will I am sure like to join me in thanking you for your kind comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Stirling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

I stayed at CP London Docklands in early April. Was greeted as a PC member by a lovely check in assistant and was given an upgrade to executive room. Room was clean and modern, and bed was exceptionally comfortable.

I was bowled over by the service of the staff and will decimate ly stay here again.

My only complaint - room was very warm. But I like a freezing cold bedroom, and you can't please everyone!

Dear Reviewer,

I would like to thank you first of all for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza London Docklands, also for taking the time to leave us such positive feedback which I will ensure I pass on to the team.

It is extremely good to hear that you are so happy with the service received.

I would like to once more thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Suva, Fiji
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Very nice location and rooms..just needed a little bit more attention to detail. e.g water not restocked in the room until requested..

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
DGMLondonDocklands, Assistant Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to first of all thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza London Docklands for your booking needs and secondly for taking the time to forward such positive comments about your recent stay.

I am happy that you had an enjoyable stay. In regards to the minibar water not being restocked I will certainly let the team know about your comments.

I thank you one more time for bringing your comments to our view and I look forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Stayed there on several occasion, when it was open few years back it was one of the best especially with the view of city airport and it's small lake. But now its lost it's touch. The deco is still the same and the bed are not very pleasent to stay in any more. The BEDS needs to be changed asap

• Stayed May 2011
DGMLondonDocklands, Assistant Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave an account of your recent stay and choosing us for your needs.

I have taken your comments on board in regards to the changing of the beds. We still have the lovely views to the Dockside and Canary Wharf. We do guaranty view rooms when paying a supplement.

I would like to thank you for your comments, we do take all your comments seriously and your concerns will be looked at.

Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

We have just returned from a two night stay 2 adults and 3 kids and it was fantastic lovely position and very easy for getting into London right next to station. The room was fine and the pool was best I have ever been in with kids more like a bath so warm. The staff all friendly especially the restaurant staff. Will definitely be returning here on our next visit too London.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to first of all thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza London Docklands for your recent stay and secondly for taking the time to give us your honest feedback.

I am extremelly happy to learn that you had such an enjoyable couple of days with us and made use of most of our facilites. I will pass your positive comments to the rest of team.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon, also note that the Cable Cart will soon be operational, which will bring us that much closer to the O2. A new experience for the family.

Mirfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I have stayed a t this hotel on a couple of occasions and have found this hotel excellent throughout. The room are large and spacious, the leisure facilities are great. The food and choice was very good indeed, and this hotel is in an ideal location for Excel and once the 'Cable Car' is complete to Greenwich Peninsular that will another added attraction

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
DGMLondonDocklands, Assitant Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to thank you for choosing us for your accommodation needs one more time. I would like to also thank you for taking the time to write with your comments as I am sure you lead a very busy life.

I am extremely happy that your stays are consistent to such a high standard and I shall pass your comments on to our team who I am sure would like to join me in our delight.

As you mention we are now very close to having the Cable Car linking us directly to the O2, this should be operational before July. This is a most awaited addition to our travel links, especially for those guests who stay with us for concerts at the O2.

I look forward to having you join us again very soon.