“Very average 4 star hotel”

Crowne Plaza London - Docklands
Ranked #337 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 May 2012

room was ok AC didn't work so had to have the window open and very noisy outside

swimming pool is next to reception ??!! so whole hotel smells of chlorine

to be honest there is probably no where better near by unless you go to the four seasons

all really average but ok

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
DGMLondonDocklands, Assistant Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2012

Dear Reviewer,

I would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay recently. Although it seems that your stay was not memorable you feel that we are the best option in area.

I feel disappointed that we did not wow you on this occasion but the challenge is now on to ensure that we exceed your expectation on your next visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our lovely property and to show you our excellent service.

Mari Irazusta
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 29 May 2012

I went there a few years ago. It's in a great location, away from all the fuss of the city and yet close enough to get around to the main places to visit in london. The rooms are big, nice bathroom. Loved to go to the pool and jacuzzi, free to whomever wants to go. Nice view from the room.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

It is extremely nice when guests such as yourself choose to take some time to give us such positive feedback. I thank you for your most recent stay and the consequent nice comments.

I truly hope that you choose to stay with us very soon again as we would be extremely honoured to look after you on your return.

I would lik to thank you one more time for taking valuable time to write about your stay. I look forward to seeing you very soon.

Mari Irazusta
Assitant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 27 May 2012

Very good stay in an exciting part of London.
Very welcoming reception and professional.
Smart hotel, good facilities and attentive staff.
Bedroom was large, clean and comfortable.
Restaurant served good food with a sepcial deal on fish and chips on a Thursday.
Late night drinks on the terrace overlooking Royal Victoria Docks.
Many tempting restaurants within walking distance and easy public transport to central London.
Certainly an hotel worthy of a return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the waterfront - good view
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
DGMLondonDocklands, Guest Services Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your recent stay at Crowne Plaza and for taking time to send us such fantastic comments. On behalf of my team I am very delighted to let you know what a pleasure it was to host you in the hotel.

We strive to exceed our customers expectations through service and facilities as well as the personal touch which you have complimented, as such I am very estatic to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and will pass your feedback to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you in Crowne Plaza Docklands again very soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 26 May 2012

Had a fantastic stay at the hotel. It is in a perfect location for the Olympics and so convenient for all other routes

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
DGMLondonDocklands, Guest Services Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2012

Dear Reviewer,

I want to thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Docklands for your recent stay and for taking the time to send us such a positive review which I am delighted to pass on to the rest of the team whom am sure will be pleased to learn this.

Our aim is to ensure that you have the best experience during your stay with us and I am happy to know that we made this happen.

Thank you once again for your generous review and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 25 May 2012

Stayed here with my son and went to watch Top Gear at the Excell. No too many places to eat around here and what we did find, it was cheaper to eat in the hotel and order room service. Food was wonderful and served piping hot!! Nice comfy bed and very very clean, would use again. A1 service!

Room Tip: Room was great but did over look the car park!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
DGMLondonDocklands, Guest Services Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2012

Dear Reviewer,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am also very delighted to know that you will stay with us again in the future. Your comment has been passed on to the rest of the team who I am sure will like to join me in thanking you for your generous review.

I finally want to thank you for your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back very soon and to offer you more memorable experiences.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

From my arrival to leaving, the whole Crown Plaza Dockland experience was fast, efficient and very friendly. Hemank and his lady trainee were a great reception crew who selected me a fabulous room (6018) with one of the very best views of docklands and beyond. It is an extremely well appointed room with a balcony.

On check-out, Achraf efficiently provided me with an accurate bill accompanied by the biggest smile in the world. CP D/lands has huge strength in its team members as well as facilities. Well done and thank you for a great stay

Room Tip: Any Dockland facing room on the upper floors are great but especially the beautiful Jnr suites
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza London Docklands, also for taking the time to leave us such positive feedback which I will ensure I pass on to the team.

It makes me proud to have such great compliments for the services of my team and with the as well as our facilities.

It will be my pleasure to welcome you back soon for more exciting experiences.

Kind regards

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Hi,

Crowne Plaza Docklands is a very nice hotel. The staff was very friendly and the only thing that I can comment on is the toilet in the room - a couple of times water did not stop running after we flushed it and we needed the maintenance staff to fix it. Other than that it was a great location for the event that took place at ExCel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
DGMLondonDocklands, Guest Services Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Dear Reviewer,

I would like to thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza London Docklands for your recent stay and also for taking the time to leave us such positive feedback which I will ensure I pass on to the team. Our aim is to ensure that all our guests have a pleasant experience at the end of their stay.

Your comments on the toilet system have been taken on board and worked on.There is currently an on-going refurbishment in both the interiors and exteriors of the property.

It is worth emphasizing that comments from loyal customers like you help us to be better at what we do and as such I thank you for your feedback and look forward to personally welcoming you on your next stay.