Crowne Plaza London - Docklands
US$258
US$225
galahotels.com
1,997 results
All reviewsroyal victoriaexcel centrethe emirates cable caremirates airlinecanary wharfcity airportdlr stationcanning townsteam roomspa facilitiestesco expressmini barlovely hotelsuperior roomjubilee linelovely roomnight's sleep
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We stayed over the Jubilee weekend. We are Londoners but wanted to have a relaxing spa and hotel break.

The location of the hotel is very near the Royal Victoria DLR so getting into central London is a breeze.

Lovely staff at reception especially one who realised we wanted a different type of room and immediately sorted it out. (He was built big and had a beard - shame I cannot remember his name).

Staff remember you by name - just makes you feel so special. They are always smiling.

Great buzzy atmosphere on Friday nights.

When we had a problem it was solved quickly and eagerly.

Food took a while to sort but again the staff were so charming about it all, made you forget.

Smashing - am going to visit again as we have been looking to find a regular London hotel we can get away to.

This review I hope really helps my fellow Tripadvisor users as I am a native born and bred Londoner and I know it is hard to find a good hotel amongst the many that promise a lot but fail to deliver.

Trust me as if you read my other review on a London hotel, where you pay for a branded name, it can all go wrong. Our previous London hotel was such a horrific rip off experience. We decided to book our next stay at a top secret hotel ie Crowne Plaza Docklands, and it was brill as the price we paid was well below the brilliant service and experience we got.

Hopefully now. all 's well that ends well where London hotels are concerned..?

Room Tip: Higher the floor number of the room, the better it is.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank YxYxYx
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Dear Reviewer,

I thank you for your very encouraging words; it is refreshing to hear such positive feedback and praise for our staff members. We work hard to exceed our guest expectations and I am absolutely delighted that we accomplished this in your stay.
I look forward to having with us again very soon and for you to experience many more memorable stays such as this one.

Mari Irazusta

Reviewed 17 June 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in June on business. Hotel will charge for everything, no free wifi etc and expensive too..15 pounds for 24 hrs. We used a conference room and I was surprised wifi was not included. Rooms are ok and a reasonable size. Staff are warm and friendly. Front desk does get busy so be prepared for a wait. Late check out was fine as a priority member but smoking rooms were 50 pounds extra per night which I thought was excessive. In general Hotel was ok nothing outstanding but be prepared to pay for extras.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank pburns
DGMLondonDocklands, Assistant Front Offiice Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Dear Reviewer,

I thank you for your objective feedback.

I would like to confirm that we do offer complimetary limited internet on daily basis and there are other chageable rates after that.

I thank you for appraising our staff who work very hard to exceed our guest expectations.

I look forward to looking after you again on your return to our property.

Mari Irazusta

Reviewed 15 June 2012

I stayed in this hotel for about 2 days whilst on a business trip last year. First impressions - very nice, well presented hotel, close to some major attractions in London notably Excel.
I did have to wait a bit for my room to be available as I turned up early but then that's my fault. Service was good. Overall a pleasant experience. Will sure stay in this hotel again. The only thing I did not appreciate very much was the parking fee, which I thought should be free for hotel patrons.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
DGMLondonDocklands, Guest Services Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you sharing with us your experience during your stay at Crowne Plaza Docklands.

I am also very delighted to know that you will stay with us again in the future. Your comment on free parking has been passed on to be discussed at management level.

I look forward to welcoming you back to offer you more memorable experiences whenever your travel brings you to this area.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

Stayed at this hotel before and it was really lovely.. Booked as a top secret hotel and paid just over £50 for the same room type, but it seems you don't get the same quality of service when they see how much you've paid.. Got given a rubbish room, crap view with no slippers or complimentary bits and I got a couple of bites aswell! I thought booking a top secret hotel you'd still get the same benefits as those paying more.. Obviously not. Not happy at all.

• Stayed: June 2012
DGMLondonDocklands, Guest Services Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Docklands for your recent stay and for taking the time to send us such constructive review.

Our aim is to ensure that all our guests have the best experience during thier stay with us and I am sorry that on this ocassion we did not meet your expectation.

Please contact me directly at the hotel to understand the nature of the issues you encountered during your stay in order to resolve it.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights really plush clean and comfortable, with added luxury of use of sauna, pool, steam room, & jacuzzi. Overlooking Victoria Dock gave a sense of space & nice to have waterside view from room. Good location as close to Docklands Light railway station, although new parts of Docklands are a bit soul less. Didn't try the food, but the restaurant was nicely located next to water with an outside part.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Docklands for your recent stay and for taking the time to send us such a positive review.

Our aim is to ensure that you have the best experience during your stay with us and I am happy to know that we made this happen.

Thank you once again for your lovely review and I look forward to welcoming you back soon when your travel brings you to our area.

Kind Regards,