Crowne Plaza London - Docklands
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$336
US$278
Pullman
US$307
US$263
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$215
The Belgrave(London)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$158
  • Bar/Lounge
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$551
US$533
Orbitz.com
1,986 results
All reviewsroyal victoriaexcel centrethe emirates cable caremirates airlinecanary wharfcity airportdlr stationcanning townleisure facilitiessteam roomtesco expressmini barlovely hotelsuperior roomjubilee linelovely roomnight's sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Stayed here over Easter and had a fantastic time. Great food, excellent service at breakfast which is very difficult to get at a hotel and the bar was open until late with flawless service! Swimming pool is a must - Thank you for a wonderful time!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad your enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

I also appreciate you felt that the services provided were good and to your liking. Rest assured your valued comments will be shared with the team.

Finally please do visit us again. It'll be great to have you back.

Yours sincerely
Mohammad Masihuddin

Reviewed 2 July 2012

we arrived at the hotel far too early for the normal check in. The check in staff could not have been more helpful and within an hour, and way before the normal check in time we had our room allocated. More to the point, a room with a view.........Bonus!!!!!!!.
We couldn't fault the service and the breakfast was Fab.
Can't wait to come back.
Thanks again,
Mr and Mrs Cook from Swindon

Room Tip: River front rooms have a great view. Try the Emirates cable car DLR station very close and convenient
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank rcook5699

Dear Reviewer,

What a way to begin a new month with such fantastic review of your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Docklands. I have passed your your lovely comments to the rest of the team who are so delighted about to learn this.

It is worth emphasizing that comments from customers like you is a big motivation to us and help us to be better at what we do. As such, I thank you for your amazing feedback and look forward to personally welcoming you on your next stay.

Once again thank very much for such heartwarming review on your stay at our hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel June 25th - June 30th. We had a family room one double bed and one sofa bed. Room was fine housekeeping did a very good job at keeping it clean and spotless the big issue was no air conditioning in the room. At night it was like a sauna. The first night there we couldn’t get the aircon to work and rang reception to be told that it would be fixed the following day. Next night same problem & same excuse. On the third night we were eventually told that it would not be fixed at all during our stay but would be ready for the Olympics ..nice but no good to us. My kids were physically ill at night it got so hot in the room. We were offered a fan which helped a bit but it was so noisy it couldn’t be kept on at night as no one could sleep. When I eventually confronted staff at reception all I got was a load of platitudes and we’re so sorry etc and no offer of anything to compensate us in any way. I came away with the belief that this had been well rehearsed and that they really didn’t care a toot about what we were experiencing.
Other point from the trip breakfast on the first morning was so bad we never went back again. I use Crowne Plaza hotels as the breakfast is so good and I don’t mind paying for it but in this case everything was dried up from sitting too long. I asked for two fried eggs which arrived after I had finished eating and the pastries must have been a few days old as they were disgusting. We ordered room service one night and asked for two pizzas to be delivered to the room. After 45 minutes they arrived burnt black. The waiter couldn’t see the problems and came out with the classic “that’s how we cook them here” and wasn’t too keen to give us back the receipt which we had signed.
If you’re a family with young kids another thing to keep in mind is that your kids have to be out of the pool by 6.30pm so if you have been out for the day the pool is not an option even though most nights there were very few people in it. My last issue was as a priority club holder at Crowne Plaza you normally receive a complimentary drink for two people. I was offered a free drink for myself only a small point but if I bring my wife I expect her to be included as per other hotels in the group.I binned the voucher
All in all I won’t ever be back here again. Crowne Plaza hotels are normally excellent but this one doesn’t seem to care about its customers at all. I was told there was a notice on the web site that there is no air conditioning in the rooms checked this out and they are still claiming “Individually Controlled Air Conditioning” so once again more lies

Room Tip: Stay in the NOvotel about 20 yards up the road.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank hagrid1206

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to givesuch constructive feedback on your stay at The Crowne Plaza London Docklands.

I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. We have been upgrading our air-conditioning system which has resulted in the shutting down of the mains. We have tried to reach as many of our guests as possible by displaying these works on our website. On arrival, the reception team communicates to guests on the air- conditioning situation and offer option of opening windows and or providing a mobile fan.

I am very sorry that on this ocassion we fell short in our check in procedure as this was not properly communicated to you.

I have passed on your comments to all heads of department for refresher training to improve our customer skills and also how to handle situations like these. Feedback such as these enable us to improve on areas where we fall short.

Once again, I am truly sorry about this unfortunate incident and would like to assure you that we really do care very much about all our guests as they are our reason for being in business.

I assure you of our best intentions at all times,and would be grateful if you could contact me directly at the hotel to resolve this.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Very convenient for the London Excel, comfortable beds (and, surprisingly, floors for those attempting to cheat the system). Pleasant and, more importantly, efficient staff. Stayed here many times and have never had great cause for complaint.

Room Tip: The further from the lift, the better.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank tripleplay97

Dear Reviewer,

I am so pleased that you have taken time to share such amazing feedback on your stay at Crowne Plaza Docklands. I would also like to commend your loyalty to our brand.

I have passed your fantastic comment to the entire team who are delighted with your feedback. Comments like these offer us great motivation to continually deliver the very best our brand has to offer.

I really hope that I will have the chance to meet you when next you stay with us as I would personally like to welcome you back.

Thank you once again for your stay and your review

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stayed in this hotel with two family members for a birthday as part of a theatre trip. Checking in wasn't a great experience....despite plenty of staff walking around and sitting in the office we waited about 5-10 minutes before being attended to, only to be told a room wasn't ready. Check-in was 2pm and we arrived at 2:30pm so we weren't exactly too early!

Room itself is pretty good - large, spacious, good air conditioning, iron and ironing board etc so had all the necessary facilities. Bed was amazing and I slept wonderfully (which is the main thing) with blackout curtains and an aromatherapy spray designed to help you sleep: I definitely can't knock the hotel for that.

However, there were a few things lacking in the room that you wouldn't expect from a hotel of this type / price: there were 3 of us and only 2 of everything, which was a bit annoying, especially as the room was deliberately set up for 3 people, so we had to call reception for more of everything. Secondly, the shower has NO pressure behind it and pretty much spits at you. The mini-bar wasn't really a mini bar - it was more some overpriced (even by mini-bar standards) cans of coke. Also, the information in the room was regarding the hotel and restaurant was quite dated and much of it was wrong. The restaurant menu in fact was a new menu printed on a sheet of paper and stuck over the old menu - a bit cheap!

The SPA was good: the pool and whirlpool were perfect temperature and the pool was a good size for an indoor pool in London.

Breakfast was good - there was a reasonable continental range to choose from and the cooked breakfast was very good - hot, good range and rather tasty (especially the sausages). Only annoying thing was that tea and coffee are served by waiters who were a nightmare to get hold of to get a top-up (in the event you are one of these people who needs more than one cup of a morning).

The hotel overall seemed to lack a certain something. Although nicely decorated it feels quite clinical and lacks atmosphere. This probably isn't helped by the generally poor service as mentioned above.

If you have a semi-decent knowledge of London (or are ok with maps) the location itself is good, even if it does seem slightly off track: the DLR is pretty much next door and that can be used to link up with the Jubliee Line and Bank station for central London.

Overall, would probably stay again: but you can get better for the price frankly, and I would probably try elsewhere first.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris S

Dear Reviewer,

I would like to thank you for your stay at Crowne Plaza Docklands hotel but as well as taking time to share with us your experience during your stay.

I am very disappointed that your rather enjoyable stay has been mared by some pitfalls in our service. I have passed on your comments to all heads of departments and would also conduct a refresher training to improve our customer skills.

Through feedback such as you have provided, we can work towards improving our product and service.

I am very delighted that you also appreciate the positive experiences you had as well. We will continue to strive for excellence both with our products and services, as this is our promise to our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon and also have the pleasure of hosting you when next your travels bring you to London.

Kind regards,