“Excellent”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Midlands
“Excellent”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great hotel with good facilities excellent location and the staff are so friendly I was made to feel most welcome especially the bar and restaurant staff a special mention for Jelena.
I have stayed here 3 times and would highly recommend it

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
DGMLondonDocklands, Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to truly thank you for the very positive comments throughout and for taking the time to share your excellent experience with us all.
You have made our staff very happy with your feedback especially Jelena and it is very nice in return to know that you would recommend the hotel to your family, friends and colleagues visiting London.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Docklands Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
Bramhall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed for anniversary weekend, Staff were superb, as was room. Excellent views over the water and the Across the O2 Arena.
just as we were about to leave for the evening, a knock at the door announced the delivery of a bottle of fizzy and a pair of glasses, courtesy of Deenesh and his team...... Fantastic!
Breakfast buffet was delicious and serviced beautifully by a very friendly & professional team who made us feel very welcome on a sunny Sunday morning...... a great stay!

Room Tip: call ahead and ask for a nice room overlooking the water!
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your rave review of our hotel. We try our very best to WOW every guest of ours with excellent customer service, on top of the wonderful rooms plus the friendliness of the team and amenities that we offer we are so happy that you enjoyed almost every aspect of your stay here and we would absolutely love to have you here as our guest again at the Crowne Plaza London Docklands

Warm Regards

Achraf Khouakhi
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Can't thank Richard Storey and Ashraf enough for liaison skills to arrange a truly unforgettable experience at this c.p establishment. Continue with the same standards demonstrated to us and you will exceed all customer expectations.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on Crowne Plaza Docklands and I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Our exceptional team is always ready to deliver exceptional service to all our cherished guests and it is so heart-warming to hear that your stay was superb and your mentions about me and Richard are much appreciated and will certainly motivate us to do the best we can to make our guests have the most enjoyable stay at the Crowne Plaza London Docklands.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon for great memories worth repeating.

Kind regards

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Booked a superior twin room through booking.com nine months before my visit. Called hotel a week before stay to confirm booking and was told that the hotel don't have superior twin rooms only superior doubles-hotel blamed booking.com for the error. Was offered a standard twin for same price -not happy as I paid for a superior room. My mum and I had many phone conversations with receptionists who said that we could have a 2 double bedded standard room to make up for the mistake. Said they would confirm by email and didn't. Said I would get a confirmation phone call and didn't. Not impressed. Turned up for stay and was given a standard twin room on check in!!! Surprise surprise! I asked whether it was a double bedded room as agreed and the man didn't understand. His English wasn't the best and the front desk staff seemed quite disorganised. We went up to what we thought was our agreed room but it was a twin standard. Went back to Reception and spoke to Receptionist who said that she had made a note on our details to give us a double bedded room but yet colleague still sent us to a standard twin! Not happy with service at all- just messing us about and wasting our time. It was like all my efforts on phone (wasting my time and money) had been pointless and forgotten. In this hotel the right hand doesn't know what the left hands doing. They did give us a late check out time and bathrobe and slippers as per a superior room to recompense. However we had to ask for these-there was no effort on their part to make up for our poor customer experience.

When we got to our double double bed room, the room was not really any bigger or different to standard twin despite receptionist saying it would be a lot better.

The standard twin rooms overlook the river and the O2 which is a very nice view. The two double bed room we had overlooked a car park and flats. Not that Nice. There are quiet zones for the standard rooms if you request them. The room we were eventually given was on the third floor and was very quiet and the beds very comfy. Slept very well. 10 out of ten for beds. The rooms however are very dated and nothing to write home about. Carpets dated and overall decor of the building has not had much thought. It doesn't look like the pictures! Bathroom small -shower not very powerful-needs upgrading not 4 star. Generally very clean but one towel had stains all over it. Disappointing and off putting. Free water in mini bar a nice touch.

Gym a bit small and crowded - didn't really fancy using it. Pool felt small and claustrophobic and was very hot in there.

Went down to bar and grill and ordered two lattes and waited 15 minutes (the place was empty). It had a nice ambiance. Then another waiter came to take our order! They gave us the lattes on the house for poor service. After this we didn't fancy risking the restaurant for food at night. Luckily there was a fish and chip stand across the road! Lovely! There was also a handy tesco express next door and a few eateries around which was handy. The hotel is on the river which makes for a nice ambience. Breakfast was ok but small selection of pastries. Full English was great and all the staff were very friendly at breakfast.
Thanks. Coffee in a large mug though felt a bit wrong. Cups and saucers?

The location is quite far out for the 02 even though just across the river. Unless you get the cable car ( stops at nine PM) you have to get a taxi to 02 which takes about 20 minutes in traffic. Would highly recommend booking your taxi to and from 02 through the 02 website (minicabit) which is quick and easy and they were very efficient. If coming again I would find a hotel closer to 02. You can't walk from here and there's nothing else really around . It's too far out for any main attractions.

Overall I was disappointed by the service I received from the start. False promises and a lack of care in addressing customer dissatisfaction which is not acceptable. They need to sort the problems with booking.com as this can't be the first time that people have booked a superior twin room and been given a standard room. I think some of the other trip advisor reviews are a bit misleading as well as they paint an overinflated picture of a dated, basic, nothing special hotel where the reception staff don't really care about customer service. This is a 3 star at best. I had high expectations but was let down. It's a shame : (

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank SAMLEE50
Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Crowne Plaza London Docklands as well as taking the time to express your experience following your recent with us. We truly appreciate guests who take the time to let us know about their experiences so we can take the necessary actions to recover.

It was with great disappointment that I read about your stay and please accept my sincerest apologies for any upset and inconvenience caused by the room allocation. I can certainly understand the frustration and disappointment you had and I can assure that we did contact booking.com to advise them to change your room type to a standard twin and amend your room rate and they have promised us to contact you to arrange for a new booking and cancel your initial one as they have clearly admitted their mistake that is advertising a room type that we do not actually have within our property. Nevertheless I agree we should have followed it up and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you.
We generally practice a successful room allocation procedure, but very evidently not so "successful" on the day of your visit with us, I have discussed this matter with our Front Office Manager and the Food and Beverage Manager for the service you have received at the bar and you can be assured we have taken the necessary action to avoid such situations

We aim to ensure every guest is looked after to the highest standards and ensure their stay is as memorable and unique as possible, therefore I would once again like to apologise if you did not receive our usual levels of customer service.

We deeply value your relationship with the Crowne Plaza London Docklands and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best.
Please feel free to get in touch with me directly at ak@crowneplazadocklands.co.uk if you wish to discuss this further.
We truly thank you for your patronage and for bringing these concerns to our attention, we certainly do not wish to lose you as a valued guest, I am confident that a future visit to our hotel will better reflect our commitment to guest satisfaction.

Assuring you the best of our intentions at all times, I remain

Yours Sincerely,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed from 24th-27th May!
Fabulous location...so easy to get to from Kings Cross and easy to get to Central London too.
Room was great and used the pool every morning, which was a real treat.
Staff, including housekeeping were friendly and professional.
Didn't use the bar or restaurant as currently on Slimming World plan but Tesco just down the road so lots of options if you are watching your weight or the pennies!
The only comment I have to make is that if you have booked & paid for your hotel 7 months in advance, you should expect to arrive and have no problems with the room allocated.
This isn't a complaint, just a comment.
Would definitely stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
DGMLondonDocklands, Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Guest,

I am very happy to learn from your feedback that you had a comfortable stay which was made easy by the great transport links. I am also very pleased to learn that you were happy with our staff friendliness and our housekeeping team.

I would be happy to welcome you back when your travels bring you our way again. I thank you once more for your feedback.

Michelle A. Ramirez
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed here from 24-26th May. It’s in a great location, not even a 5 minute walk from Royal Victoria DLR line.

The room looked freshly renovated and was clean and comfortable. We loved the blackout curtains which were superb – we had a shock both mornings when we opened them and it was bright and sunny!

The thing that struck us the most was how welcoming all of the staff are. When we went into breakfast on the first morning we had a lovely welcome from Yelena (sorry if I have spelt your name wrong) who was bright and bubbly and made us feel at home. All of the waiting staff were excellent, taking time to check if everything was ok and nothing was too much of a problem. We returned to the hotel yesterday afternoon and had coffee in the bar and I had the most wonderful Butterscotch iced latte which was delicious! Again the staff took time to talk to us and ask if everything was ok with our drinks. The biggest selling point for this hotel is the staff. Usually you barely get a “hello” from some of the staff but everyone here is smiling and friendly and it makes such a difference.

We would definitely stay here again. Fabulous customer service Crowne Plaza. Thank you for making us welcome.

Dear ZoeandPhil,

I would like to truly thank you for such a detailed recolection of your stay. I appreciate the time you have taken to write your feedback.

It is very nice indeed to hear such positive feedback and I will ensure Jelena ( very close spelling of her name, well done!) is aware that her care was much appreciated. I am very glad that you enjoyed the Butterscotch iced latte in our Docklands Bar & Grill, lovely picture. As you mention, the stay was made even more special by the attention of our staff members and we consider this a job well done.

I am very happy that you had a memorable stay and I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon.

Mari Irazusta
Assistant Front Office Manager
Morecambe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Excellent meeting room, wifi connection was easy, bed room of a decent size. Staff very attentive and food great. Bar met all expectations. Easy access walking distance to the DLR

And of course IHG points

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
DGMLondonDocklands, Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at the Crowne Plaza London - Docklands.

I am very pleased to know that you found our staff helpful, food great, meeting room and facilities satisfactory and that we have met all your expectations.

It was great to read your comments and thank you for sharing them with the other readers.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza London - Docklands in the near future.

Michelle A. Ramirez