“Best Crowne Plaza by far”

Crowne Plaza London - Docklands
Ranked #338 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Best Crowne Plaza by far”

Hubby and I Stayed Friday to Sunday as at O2 to see Robbie Williams
Best Crowne Plaza I have stayed in to date and stayed in a number of them, Deenesh who I e mailed prior to stay very helpful and reception staff polite and charming. Room on 5 th floor king size executive stunning and best sleep had in a long time so comfortable. We didn't use restaurant so can't comment or spa.
My only negative is that I wanted a Baileys hot chocolate one night in bar and this caused a big problem I did eventually get it, but as this is a high class London hotel would not have expected any issue at all.
Will definitely return as at O2 in November. The ICG Group who own this hotel should be very proud of its staff and the operation they are running here.

Room Tip: King size executives or rooms with O2 view
Green Features: Good encourage use of towels etc more than once etc
1 Thank Michele197002
DGMLondonDocklands, Guest Services Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Reviewer,

I’d like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza London Docklands and for taking your time to leave such a wonderful review on our customer service.

It is our pleasure to acknowledge that you had a memorable experience when you last stayed at our property. Reading through your comments, it has been a great pleasure and so encouraging when you mentioned how dedicated are our team members on the front desk are, especially Deenesh who has always been a shinning star within our organisation.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Checked in about 9.30 in the evening. Staff in reception were very friendly and as it was my first time in the hotel, the receptionist had advised me that she was able to give me a nice room with a view.

I made my way up to the room to find that the hotel room was pretty average with two single beds. The receptionist had never mentioned that there were single beds in the room or if I would have preferred a double. The view was pretty good of the front of the hotel and out looking onto the Themes, however it was 9.30 at night and I was checking out for a flight the following morning at 6.30 for a flight so wasn’t a big selling point.

I noticed that the remote control was nowhere to be found in the room so I rang down and they dropped one up to me about 30 minutes later.

The following morning, I headed down and checked out and went in for breakfast which I thought would not be ready given it was so early but everything was piping hot and available. Staff were also really friendly and helpful in the breakfast room.

A couple of days later I had received a bill in the post from Crowne plaza for drinks taken from the mini bar in my room and a debit from my Visa card. I contacted the manager and the debit was refunded but I felt as if the hotel should have known what was in the hotel prior to me being placed into that room.

All in all, I was in the hotel for less than 12 hours and I felt like the hotel was average not great.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your detailed review on your last stay at the Crowne Plaza London Docklands.

It is very disappointing to learn that when you checked in, you were not given detailed information of your room type, as you would have expected it to be.
I would like to apologise and rest assure that this is is not the normal standard at the Crowne Plaza London Docklands. All persons that were involved in your check in have been spoken to, stressing on the importance of checking in procedures.

The breakfast team have been very happy when they got the news regarding a great comment that you left on their level of service and friendliness.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future

Kind Regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel is located in the Docklands area, with a nice view (front the front) over the promenade, docks and newly built area. Easy access to the ExCel convention center and the DLR metro line (five minutes walk to either).

On the negative side, the hotel is well outside the city, and not the most lively of areas. There is flights landing at LCY very often, which is disturbing. The rooms are fairly small, but the internet is free (although slow).

A little thing; don't charge me GBP 4 for an espresso, when I've already paid to include breakfast (black coffee is included). That's just cheap !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza London Docklands and in taking your time to leave such a constructive review of our hotel and its services.

It was with great disappointment to learn that landing aeroplanes at the LCY airport caused a lot of disturbing nights when you stayed with us. Our hotel have a quite zone section that tends to be quitter with any noise pollution. It is unfortunate that this was not raised when you stayed with us. However I have updated your profile for you to be allocated on this zone in case you visit us in the near future.

Once again, accept my sincere apologies for any disappointment caused when you stayed with us, and hope your last experience will not deter you from visiting us again in the future.

Hampshire
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We came to stay for one night on the 27th of June for my partners birthday . When we arrived we were greeted by a friendly lady on reception , we were also upgraded to a superior room as it was my partners birthday . The staff were very polite and made us feel very welcome . The hotel was spotless , rooms were very clean and modern , great views and very comfy beds . Breakfast was also just as good , can't wait to book up again , later in the year .

• Stayed June 2014
DGMLondonDocklands, Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear guest,

I’d like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Crowne Plaza London Docklands and for taking the time to Thank you for posting such a wonderful review! It was our pleasure to acknowledge that you had a memorable experience with us, your comments about: the room, amenities, wonderful views and the excellent service are much appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon for great memories worth repeating.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed at the hotel over last weekend (12th and 13th July). Hotel itself was very good, clean rooms, parking at the rear, decent bar (we didn't eat at the hotel) but had issues getting around. We stayed at the hotel to see Robbie Williams at the O2 arena. You can catch a cable car from 100 yards away from the hotel directly to the 02 which is great but unbelievably you can't catch it back as it closes at 9pm! If you can imaging 20,000 people leaving the arena at the same time with a huge bulk of them catching a taxi it is a total nightmare. It can take well over a hour to get a taxi and it cost us £28 to get back to the hotel even though it is probably half a mile away (as the crow flies) but clearly across the water.
Next day getting into London (Oxford Street) cost us £38 each way! Tube was getting repaired so this wasn't an option.
Location of hotel was remote and nothing much (walking distance) around the hotel. Really lacked atmosphere in the vicinity of the hotel. I think next time we would stay elsewhere, not a reflection of the hotel itself but more the location.

1 Thank Paul175T
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such detailed and encouraging feedback following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Docklands hotel. It was truly gratifying to read your review and comments about hotel’s experience.

We definitely appreciate you taking time to give us a review. We take pride ourselves in making your stay with us as comfortable as possible. We hope to see you again if you are in the Docklands area.

London
Reviewed 15 July 2014

On checking in on a Saturday afternoon, we were disappointed to find that the hotel had no record from our agent of our booking. I'm still unclear whether this was the hotel or the agent's fault. The check-in person probably handled it as well as they could in the circumstances but if they could have simply explained why they needed to e.g. disappear into the office with my printout for several minutes, things would have gone a bit easier.

Once the manager got involved directly, things went a lot better and we were given drinks in the bar while they set up our reservation again. The bar/restaurant manager we found extremely friendly throughout our stay. We were in the end given an accessible room which was very spacious and had a nice view over the docks.

Apart from the above, we found this an excellent hotel being very close to the DLR (Royal Victoria, although this part of the line was closed unfortunately) replacement bus stop and cable car. One or two nice restaurants and cafes in the same road as the hotel, leading up to the Excel which itself is only maybe 300 metres away.

Breakfast was very nice and check-out was handled fine. Despite the problems when we arrived, I'd definitely recommend the hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the dock.
Dear guest,

I’d like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Crowne Plaza London Docklands and for taking the time to post your review regarding your relaxing stay with us.
We regret to hear that you experienced some difficulties upon your check-in and would like to apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you, we will make sure such situation won’t happen again.
Thank you for acknowledging many positive elements about our property, we are happy to know that your stay was an enjoyable one.
We also appreciate your business support and trust that our hotel will remain the hotel of choice whenever you are in London. We look forward to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza London Docklands.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

The first thing you notice with this hotel is that it is cheap for London prices. The price doesn't mean you don't get a well appointed hotel with good facilities. The bar and restaurant attached serve reasonable food and drinks with many people leaving the O2 venturing past for a pint or two. Breakfast was good but not excellent. Good spread of hot and cold meals. The staff were very friendly and happy to help out. If you are working in canary wharf the free shuttle bus comes in handy but book in advance. The location for me is not great as there isn't much to do around there unless something exciting is in at the O2. Close to DLR so easy to get around. Good overall and would stay again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. We try our very best to WOW every guest of ours with excellent customer service, on top of the wonderful rooms and amenities that we offer we are so happy that you enjoyed almost every aspect of your stay here and we would absolutely love to welcome you again at the Crowne Plaza London Docklands

Warm Regards