Stayed in Crowne Plaza for 2 days while on a business trip in Canary Wharf. Average general impression – I expected more from Crowne Plaza. The location is OK for the Docklands, O2 and Canary Wharf, taxi to the latter costs 10 GBP for a 8-minute ride. The hotel building is modern, rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Check-in and checkout was quick, even though I didn’t get the room I booked and the staff didn’t seem to be impressed with my Gold PriorityClub card. As previous reviewers noted, the service was a bit mechanic: when I was checking out I told the clerk I wasn’t too happy with my stay, she just smiled and said “thanks” :).
The hotel has a gym, but I found it way too crowded – machines are way too close together – and the equipment is old, plus the air conditioner and TV on full blast. The pool looked good, though I didn’t go swimming. The gym is open only till 10pm, which I find too early.
Breakfast was good, not a huge choice, but more than enough cold and hot dishes, service at the breakfast room was good. The hotel provides shuttle service to Canary Wharf, but note that it’s overbooked, one has to reserve a seat about 24 hours before, plus it stops only in 2 places – Barclays and ExCel tower, so if you need the other end of CW, you may as well take DLR.
Overall positive things:
- Large room
- Good bathroom
- Good breakfast
A few down points:
- It was VERY dark in the room and in the bathroom, impossible to put make-up in the morning
- Room service was average: my fish arrived cold, there was no bread provided, glasses were not clean and it was quite pricy
- Tired bed upholstery
- Very uncomfortable pillow
- Shuttle service is overbooked and stops are very limited
- TV has very few international channels (I was looking for the Russian-language TV)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Crowne Plaza London Docklands , a unique, contemporary hotel overlooking Royal Victoria Dock.We are walking distance from ExCeL Exhibition Centre (West) and just minutes from the financial district of Canary Wharf & the City of London. London City Airport is a 5 minute ride away & the O2 in Greenwich & Tower of London can also be easily reached. The hotel is located next to Docklands Light Railway(DLR) station Royal Victoria, which connects after one stop with the Jubilee Line, at Canning Town, into Central London or Stratford.The hotel boasts its own Meeting Success Centre, with 9 meetingrooms accommodating up to 275 delegates including a dedicated Executive Boardroom.We offer today's business and leisure travellers dependability, friendly service and the latest in designer-led facilities at excellent value rates. We can't guarantee the weather in England, however we can guarantee the quality of our 'Make It Happen' service and our world-renowned breakfast buffet.The hotel houses a busy, contemporary bar and lounge and a restaurant accessable from the avenue or from the hotel Reception. The Quad Club offers guests a purpose-built health and fitness facility, with an indoor pool,jacuzzi, sauna, steamroom and the latest gym equipment Please note: opening times of the leisure club may vary seasonally. The hotel is located in the East of London - host to the 2012 Olympics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza London - Docklands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London - Docklands Hotel London