“short stay”

Ranked #692 of 1,069 Hotels in London
liverpool
“short stay”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

lovely room with a balcony,and very helpful staff.plenty of choice at breakfast.bathroom small but had everything necessary.family stayed in another room,which although smaller had a bigger bathroom,again it was a lovely room.beds were very comfortable.would definitely return as price was reasonable for our stay especially as it was the jubilee bank holiday

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 May 2012

This hotel suited my needs perfectly. It was on a quiet street just off a main busy street. The staff were polite and courteous. I booked a double room for myself as I had viewed the single rooms on the net and looked small and there was not a whole lot of difference in price. I have just checked out earlier today following 4 night stay. I couldn't find fault with it. The bathrooms looked newly renovated and were clean. The room while on the small side is really a standard size room for London. I really enjoyed my stay. The location was excellent. If you're coming from Heahtrow, you need to leave the Earls Court Station via the Earls Court Rd exit, go left and then take the first left and down the street on the lefthand side is the Mayflower, no longer than 2 min walk from tube. The great thing about this station is it takes in a number of lines so you have great flexibility. The hotel is small and intimate and feels very secure. They do a continental breakfast but if you're like me a need a good start to the day you can order a fry also at additional cost. Compared to other reviews I have read on it I can't say there was any problems with air conditioning. I stayed in a third floor front of property room and the window was left open during the day. Earls Court Rd has a good number of restaurants to choose from also.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I booked this hotel for my husband based on the reviews on booking.com and this site. He told me today that when he got there it was a SIX FLOOR WALK UP up with NO AIR conditioning and SEALED WINDOWS during a hot day in London and it's only May. "Oppressive and stifling." Then he called me from the Starbucks this morning and when I asked him why he wasn't enjoying the hotel's included breakfast, he said the hotel breakfast room was in the BASEMENT and it SMELLED BAD. Needless to say, I felt terrible that I had chosen this hotel for him and I hope to be able to spare others the same misguided experience.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank d_m_j_court

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2012

The Mayflower is ideally suited for Earl's Court Exhibition Centre (and tube station). After a day of smiling and glad-handing, I just wanted somewhere nearby to rest my head - and my feet. I stayed two nights.

The hotel is well-appointed, clean, tidy, and has helpful and friendly staff. Everything was fine, really - but being in a room barely bigger than the single bed it contained is something of a disappointment. It *does* mean you can enjoy just about all of its amenities without leaving the bed. Indeed, it's best that way!

I don't think it would be possible to shut the shower room door whilst using the toilet. I certainly had to step into the bedroom to dry myself from the shower (being careful to avoid tripping over my suitcase).

The free wi-fi worked fine (in my room, and in the breakfast room). Breakfast was nothing fancy (continental breakfast was included; I didn't try the hot food) - but adequate.

Overall, there was nothing wrong at all with the hotel, and I would probably stay there again in similar circumstances. It wouldn't suit anyone with a tendency to claustrophobia however!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank doc_M
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Pros:
- Were able to check in 12:00 instead of 14:00.
- Good location, tube is in 5min walking distance.
- The room itself is good, we were upgraded free of charge to spacious room and bathroom (see Cons as well).
- Breakfast was good and included in our stay.
- Free WiF.
- 37" or 42" LCD, DVD player.

Cons:
- Window frames are old and you can hear a noise from a street (infrequently).
- We understood the reason of free room upgrade in the evening when water started dripping from ceiling on the bed. Ceiling was plastered this and two more spots. Management confirmed it was a known problem, but they would be able to fix it only tomorrow, and no more room was available for replacement, neither they offered any compensation. They changed the sheets, brought some towels and stopped the leak in 15 minutes. It didn't bothered us till next afternoon when we departed.

The incident didn't spoiled our stay that much. We still may consider this hotel when next time in London for good price and location.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
warrington, UK
Reviewed 26 March 2012

A nicely finished property but rooms extremely compact! Ok for 1-2 night stays.

A good price for central London and brilliantly located for Earls Court / Tube station.

Breakfast - the included breakfast (continental) was acceptable within the price.

Friendly staff.

Room Tip: Ask for street side and floor 2 or above - to prevent noise from Tube