“Bargain at Earl's Court”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mayflower Hotel

Mayflower Hotel
Ranked #653 of 1,090 Hotels in London
London
“Bargain at Earl's Court”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Friendly and serviceminded reception. I had a small room, and enjoyed a good night's sleep in a comfy bed. Squeaky clean room. Breakfast buffet on the average, radio should definitely have been turned down or off in the breakfast room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed here two nights ago, and the rooms were nothing like described. I wasn't so bothered by the lack of space in the room it was the lack of air! There was a window in the room which had around a 3 inch opening onto what I can only decribe as the horders next doors spare room. There was a fridge packed up against the window which had what looked like bags of rubbish piled against it preventing the window from opening. I ended up having a panic attack in the room because of the lack if air circulating in the room. When I went and asked reception for a fan they looked at me as if I had slapped their grandmother even thoughrit says on the description fans are available When I asked to change room they just said "We cant do that!". And when I finally got to sleep I was awoken by a staff member hoovering outside our room at 7am!

Beware if they give you the room number B5!!

• Stayed September 2013

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights in September. Originally we were put in a standard room but due to a couple of issues which management sorted out promptly we were upgraded to a suite. If you are staying here it is highly recommended that you get a suite. So much more room!!

Location of this hotel is excellent for the money you pay- just around the corner was the tube which was extremely easy to navigate. We were into the heart of London within about 15 mins. Earls court had alot of great places to eat. We tried the Indian restaurant across from Starbucks which was so yummy and the service was amazing. We also tried both pubs on the Main Street with the service being prompt and friendly.

Breakfast at the hotel is good. A selection of cold meat, cheese, cereal, yoghurt, fruit, bread, crossiants as well as tea and coffee.

Staff at the hotel were always friendly and were happy to give us directions to places we want to go

Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Emma_Bella_1990
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

When you see the pictures everything is nice, but the reality is not the same.
Be aware to request an EN-suite because I believe that not rooms have a bathroom - not sure, but my request was ok and I got a private bathroom. My disappointment was with the room: they got me a basement room. The window was with a small opening on the upper part and of course you do not few comfortable with a window on a basement level. No A/C, and just a small fan in the room. Normally I do not complain about room size, but this one was bad! Two people cannot get to bed separately because 3 sides of the bed fit the walls, so if the person close to the window needs to leave bed, both need to move for that.
Also too much dust. The room had sheet changed every day, but when I moved my bag that was on the floor, there was so much dust that I figure when was the last time the room had been vacuummed... Also, the electronic safe did not work and I called the front desk the guy came and said it would be fixed on the following day. To my surprise, that could not be done and then a "key" appeared together with the room key. Strangely it said on the safe: "we are not responsible for items left on the safe".
Well, for the last, the staff was nice and polite and offered information upon request that was very helpful. Also breakfast was good and even more than I expected from a complimentary BF. We were happy. Also the room amenities with boiler, coffee/tea - helped a lot.
The best thing for me was LOCATION! A few yards from Earl's Court underground.

Room Tip: ensuite for privacy and void basement.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my boyfriend on a surprise trip to London last week and couldn't fault it. It is a few tube stops away from all the action and the room was spacious and clean. I found the staff helpful and had no problems with the wifi. Breakfast was a bit of a military operation with the tables a little too close together for my liking...personal space and all that. Only issue I had was the double shower which I was excited to try but one head was broken...also the room was very hot! But I would definitely stay here again especially for it's convenience.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank SEI_11
Richmond, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

I took my daughter to London for the first time and I pre booked this hotel based on its location and price, so I wasn't expecting much. I booked a twin room for one night and it cost £70 including a continental breakfast.

The hotel is a very short walk from Earls Court tube station, which itself is only a few stops on the Piccadilly line from Kings Cross train station.

On entering the hotel, the staff were not overly welcoming but far from rude, just business like and to the point which was fine. I paid for the the room, was given a key and directed to the room.

The room was a surprise, nicely decorated, clean and big enough for the two of us. The room had a flat screen TV, iPod dock, tea and coffee facilities and a decent size walk in shower. There was no air conditioning in the room, but it did have a ceiling fan which did the job and added to the character of the room.

One small downside is the fact that the beds were wooden, so every time you turned over, the beds squeaked and groaned a bit, however they were comfortable, albeit noisy.

In summary, the hotel is a real treat based on its location, standard of room and the price.

I will certainly be staying here again, no question.

Room Tip: I stayed in a twin room, room 3 which was very nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Mendoza
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

They are rude at the front desk, they want to send you to other buildings that they manage their apartments, mine is right next door four stories up with no elevator, imagine carrying the suitcases upstairs. It's a dump. Wifi doesn't work either

• Stayed August 2013