“London Break”
Review of Mayflower Hotel

Mayflower Hotel
Ranked #690 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on Friday 22/11/13 till 24/11/13. I would recommend this hotel. We stayed in a apartment so we had the use of a kitchen microwave also a oven but we never used it, The staff are very friendly and helpful. We were five mins walk to Earls court underground which we used a lot getting around London. On our last day we checked out and went into the city after about two hours I relished I had left my mobile in the room, so we had to get the tube back I asked if my phone was still in the room, and yes it was, so I would also say they are very honest. So if you are thinking about going for a short break give this hotel a try you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed in a apartment so if you wanted you can cook food yourself.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,023)

Reviewed 24 November 2013

receptionist was very welcoming and friendly - i didnt like the fact they took a copy of my ID- very unusual but she said this was because they wanted to ensure it was the right people staying..

I booked an apartment as i was on business and thought it would be nicer to have more space as I read the room were pretty small. The apartment which wasnt part of the hotel, in fact it was 5 minutes walk on the other side of the tube opposite the Earls Court exhibition. which made it annoying when checking out as I had to walk back to the main hotel (passed the tube) only to go back on myself - minor issue though. The apartment was a studio apartment on the top floor of what seems to be a flat. It has a weird smell in the corridors but had more to do with the other people that lived in the block.

The room was fine. mish mash of styles.. Odd mirror handing on the ceiling though. i dont know what business they thought i would get up to when i said it was a business stay! the shower was new and modern the rest looked a bit tiring. but everything was clean.

The TV didnt work either!

overall it was nice but didn't like the thought if being in this, well what is a flat by myself with random folk sitting on the stair well - i would book a room in the main hotel which looked far nice.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We've stayed in London a number of times and we like to see and stay in different locations. This was for my husbands birthday and we were disappointed! On entering we thought it looked at nice place, but given the tiny basement room changed our minds. Asking if there were any other rooms, I was told a SUPERIOR for an extra £25. Not value for money, as it was slightly bigger and the bed was exactly the same. Yes, you only sleep there, but it was hard for us to both get ready to go out. Sleeping was tiring too, as we were scared that we'd hit one another. No toiletries like they say. Sorry, there was a little tablet of soap. Breakfast is a squeeze and busy. It's the start of your day and it's not a nice one. Full English was extra and quite a bit extra. I just think, listen to the reviews a little more. It's not a four star. We won't be staying again, sorry. The staff were friendly and the rooms were clean. So that's something! Website and professional photos extremely misleading!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed at the Mayflower hotel while the Christmas Ideal home show was on to which we where visiting. The hotel is less than a five minute walk from both Earls Court tube station and Earls Court exhibition centre so making it an ideal place to stay. The hotel was excellent value for money and the service provided by the staff was exceptional.We had forgotten our show tickets and they kindly allowed us to use the computer to reprint them free of charge. The Hotel staff where always polite and very helpful. Our room was number 35 on the third floor at the back of the hotel, we could see Earls court tube station from our window but the noise from it didn't bother us.it was only slightly noticeable and not at all during the night. There was two double beds in our room a large wardrobe, desk, tv and radio. the bathroom was a good size and always kept clean with a fresh supply of fluffy white towels and complimentary toiletries. The only negative was that the shower head wasn't detachable but thats only my personal preference.There is a ceiling fan in the room so no air con for those who need it. The hotel has a small lift so if your room is on a higher floor there is no need to carry cases up stairs. The breakfast was great with a selection of cereals,bread meat cheeses fruit and yoghurt, tea coffee and juice. However a full english was available for a small cost. There are a good selection of shops and restaurants nearby so you don't have to go far if you don't want to. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and have no doubt that we will be visiting again.Thank you

Room Tip: Probably choose a higher floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The smallest rooms ever, hygiene very poor and staff were rude and unhelpful. I would not reccommend this place to anyone and certainly would not describe it as a hotel Website is very misleading but full marks to their photographer for their angles and lighting on the photos!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank IrishGuide2013
Reviewed 13 November 2013

my experience with this hotel was very good I reached there at 9 am & was given a room by 11.30 am check in time is 2 pm, they went out their way to accommodate me, the staff Mr. Faisal & Ms Yolanda I guess a pretty white girl & their housekeeping was good kept the room clean, & breakfast even though they had continental was professional manged I will stay& recommend this hotel to all my friends & family - Azim Shroff - Mumbai

Room Tip: choose rooms on the higher floor
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This was the smallest room I've ever stayed at. I have stayed in a standard single room (room 45) and it was like 2m x 3,5m plus a 1m x 1m bathroom. For me to have the suitcase opened I had to seat on the bed, not possible to pass to the bathroom without closing it. No air conditioning at all, and TV not always functioning properly. For you to watch some TV only laying on the bed, as it was just on the ceiling above.
Very noisy, hearing all doors and fire doors opening and closing as well as tubs from the rooms close by.
Also, the corridors and lift were the narrowest possible, lift was hard to fit one person.
Breakfast was up to a 2 star hotel standard. Can't be called "continental breakfast" as described nowhere in the world.
The only positive aspect was the location, a couple of minutes walking from Earls Court station.
Definitely would not recommend to anyone, this is a 2 star hotel, not 4 star!!!