“Clean, friendly and convenient” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mayflower Hotel

Mayflower Hotel
Ranked #660 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Clean, friendly and convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel a few times over the years and I'll keep coming back when I'm working or relaxing in London.

It's reasonably priced, well located near to Earls court station and has lots of places to eat nearby. It's a bonus that I also find the staff friendly and helpful to me and my 5 year old son on this occasion.

Business or pleasure this is a nice place to stay and they have some great rooms if you book early.

Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed for 2 nights with my family: we booked a triple (me, my housband and baby 2 years old) and a single room.
Both rooms were large considering the London standards: we got a quadruple instead (because we asked for a baby crib) with no extra charges: room was very spaciuous and my daughter had space to move and play a bit. The single had 2 beds anyway and it has enought space to walk in.
They both were clean, no noise even if the hotel Windows were facing the underground of Earl's Court.
Breakfast is sufficient: different breads, marmelades, some fruit and ham as well; you can have a more complete one by paying an extra.
Service and staff are very helpfull and you can leave the luggage if your flight is in the evening.
I suggest this hotel also for its position: in a very quiet Street, with supermarket nearby and 3-4 restaurants/pubs as well.

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade if they have rooms available
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Cambridge, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Well not sure where to start but anyway here goes. We booked through Booking.com where we were to pay on departure but the hotel charged our card before we even got there , when we arrived at reception we asked where the carpark was and was told very rudely it was around the corner and that someone would take us!! That's when we started to worry! We paid £30 to park from 2pm until 9.00 the next day! Well the carpark was not around the corner it was 4 street away in someone's back garden big enough for 3 cars snugly fitted. When I ask why it was not stated on their website that the parking was off site they couldn't answer me !!! We were shown our room it was suppose to be a suite but it was more like a apartment in Benidorm :( and it was flirty and it smelt of smoke, a member of staff had very clearly been living in it. The lift was being used and it was un safe. The staff did not speak a word of English or that may have just been for our convenience!!! I have never stayed in a hotel like it Disgraceful and rotten, our room did not even have a number on the door but we were told it was room 55 if there had been a fire we would have burnt alive because we would not have been found!!! Well breakfast was non existent ! Cereal and some very old dried meat and burger cheese slices cut in half we didn't hang around for it . DON'T BOOK OR STAY AT THIS HOTEL.............RANK SMELLY DIRTY AND RUDE STAFF THAT DON'T GIVE A DAME BECAUSE THEY HAVE ALREADY TOOK YOUR MONEY,,,,,!!!!!!!!! OH AND I MUSTN'T FORGET THE TRAINS! THEY SHAKE THE HOTEL ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Leah F

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Wiltshire, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Me and my fiancee wantes to stay somewhere in london, as part of a birthday present to go with her JT Concert at the o2.we thought this was ideal.i am so angry still and we are on our way home now but there was thick dust on ledges, door frames, the tap was manky!, some furniture was loose and broken in the bathroom, the four poster frame from the bed you could wobble the structure with your little finger.also, there was I think a 12 bulb chandelier with only four bulbs working, the fan they supplied was cracked. The. Male manager of the time that served us refused to give us a refund and his attitude towards us stinks! He should not be working there at all.to all you people looking at this hotel, you are all entitled to your opinion but for godsake think wiselyrrad all the true reviews and pictures.i promise you, the reviews like mine are all 100% TRUE.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank utdfan85
Hereford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I had booked this room through a room bookings website and had requested a quiet room. I suppose in hindsight it might have been better to check with the hotel first, but I have to say my heart sank when I found myself in the basement in the bedroom nearest the breakfast room. The noise from the tube trains rumbling in and out of Earls Court until the wee hours and starting again at 5am was not what I wanted. Also the staff were noisy getting breakfast ready - lots of clattering around with glasses and crockery before 7am on the first morning, but I was already awake because of the underground.

I did go up and complain at reception immediately about the breakfast preparation noise and asked to be moved but was told the hotel was full in a fairly brusque manner. I was told that the staff would be asked to be quieter the next morning, and this happened, but I had to ask, which isn't something you should have to do in a boutique hotel. I also said about the underground noise and was told that it was to be expected as the hotel was near a tube station. But I suppose if I'd been upstairs rather than in the basement it might have been better, but I didn't get chance to find out as I got the brush off.

Very ordinary continental breakfast, didn't strike me as four star, but as I was hungry and tired it was adequate. And the tube rumbling was audible throughout breakfast so that put me on edge.

The room was clean and tidy and the bathroom was tiny, I should have brought my own shampoo and shower gel as the only complimentary toiletry was a small bar of soap.

Sorry, Mayflower, won't be back again...

Room Tip: Make sure you don't end up with a basement room to avoid the rumbling noise from the underground...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Clare W
Newmarket, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

This hotel was clean and the continental breakfast was sufficient for myself other people in my party paid the extra cost for a cooked breakfast, people are right the rooms are very small my room was a double room but felt that it was ok for me on my own but with two people it would fee overcrowded, great location though and modern decor throughout, we paid £79 a night which is very good for where the hotel is located

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

The room I have stayed in this hotel is probably the smallest ever. Strangely one does not feel claustrophobic in there, despite the shock one has after opening the door. Ultra compact, so it is the kind of place you only go to rest and have breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business