We have stayed in the hotel before and everything was...ok. Staff were there but not overly helpful but it was nice.
We booked again using booking.com and had to cancel 12 days in advance of our trip due to a family emergency.
Booking.com has a simple 'cancel now' policy and we had a room we could chance so we did....
The hotel then charged me £250!!!!!!
I called the hotel assuming this was a mistake and they told me that it wasn't their problem to call booking.com, I do so only to be informed that this was totally the hotels choice. They followed up with them, pretty much told us to read the small print and phone was put down.
I couldn't believe how rude the hotel staff were on the phone and how unbelievably unhelpful. If you want any flexibility at all DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL
RUDE, ARROGANT AND GREEDY. sums it up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique 4-Star townhouse hotel in Earl's Court decorated and furnished in a distinctive 'East meets West' style, featuring 48 bedrooms. The Mayflower Hotel has provided guests with superlative accommodation and guest service for over 20 years. What makes us unique, however, is that we offer guests the chance to experience an independent, family business with a passion for interior design and sustainability. All rooms are decorated in our trademark East-meets-West style and with classic antique furniture - each room is individually decorated! Furthermore, the Mayflower Hotel will be completely sustainable by 2016 and we are already working hard with a bespoke sustainability consultant. The Mayflower will promote healthiness and wellbeing through a range of amenities, most immediate of which will be our organic juice and smoothie bar that will provide a stylish hangout for guests and locals alike. The Mayflower Hotel is ideal for guests looking for a personalised hotel experience and who would like to visit an idyllic part of London that is frequently reserved for locals only! We also aim to inspire our guests through the intermingling of our Eastern design, values, and range of new features to offer a delightful, warm, and detoxing place to stay in London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mayflower Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayflower Hotel And Apartments
- Mayflower Hotel Apartments
- Mayflower Hotel London