In short, the staff are rude; I had the duty manager yelling at me, they resort to lying when things go wrong and, as a result, leave you full of mistrust - I was scared leaving my belongings here.
I booked this hotel because I needed parking for a vehicle whilst working the next day. They took payment for the parking, a nice lad took me to a tiny yard with a gate and then showed me back to the hotel. They then said that I had to move the car by 11am. I explained that I couldn't do that and that the main reason why I had booked this hotel was for the parking. The response was UNBELIEVABLE! They said they'd agreed 11am with the person who booked the room - a lie! The lady who booked it had been asked for a hotel with parking that I could use all day. I was treated like dirt rather than customer.
If I had to move the car by 11am then I may as well have booked a hotel further away rather than just around the corner from where I needed to be.
And don't believe the website pictures. The reception area looks nice but this soon turns into a hostel like appearance in the narrow, dark corridors. The room itself was not very clean, was pretty shabby, with very well used furniture. The bed was quite firm and the bathroom would have been okay if it had been clean.
In all honesty, if my only thing to say was that the website was misleading then I'd have taken it on the nose and not bothered adding a review. I was sat on the bed in the room with my stomach in a knot in a mix of anger, fear and upset. I shouldn't really feel like this when good money had changed hands for me to be treated properly.
PLEASE DON'T STAY HERE. There are a number of chain hotels nearby and loads of true boutique hotels that are better than this pretend one. I understand this hotel is one of a group of three - I'll be avoiding all of them in the future and I've ensured that my company books no-one else here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique 4-Star townhouse hotel in Earl's Court decorated and furnished in a distinctive 'East meets West' style, featuring 48 bedrooms. The Mayflower Hotel has provided guests with superlative accommodation and guest service for over 20 years. What makes us unique, however, is that we offer guests the chance to experience an independent, family business with a passion for interior design and sustainability. All rooms are decorated in our trademark East-meets-West style and with classic antique furniture - each room is individually decorated! Furthermore, the Mayflower Hotel will be completely sustainable by 2016 and we are already working hard with a bespoke sustainability consultant. The Mayflower will promote healthiness and wellbeing through a range of amenities, most immediate of which will be our organic juice and smoothie bar that will provide a stylish hangout for guests and locals alike. The Mayflower Hotel is ideal for guests looking for a personalised hotel experience and who would like to visit an idyllic part of London that is frequently reserved for locals only! We also aim to inspire our guests through the intermingling of our Eastern design, values, and range of new features to offer a delightful, warm, and detoxing place to stay in London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelsClick, LateRooms, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mayflower Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayflower Hotel And Apartments
- Mayflower Hotel Apartments
- Mayflower Hotel London