“Super hotel in a ideal location”
Review of Rose Park Hotel

Rose Park Hotel
Ranked #895 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here to break our journey from Nth Africa back to Wales, the hotel is less than 5 mins walk from lancaster gate tube station, its a hotel in a geogian square in a quiet corner of paddington, our reception could have been a little more welcoming the asian guy was a little abrupt, we took the lift to our 4th floor family room a bright well decorated room overlooking talbot square, the room was spotlesly clean, the bathroom was modern with a lovely strong shower, again it was spotless, the welcome tray was well stocked, the linnen was clean and smelt freshly laundered. The hotel was quiet and we slept well, breakfast was plentifull and well presented as a buffett style full british breakfast with tops ups of tea or coffee served at the table, I will have no hesitation of stating here again if I visit London a great 3 star hotel, the staff looked after our luggage even after we had checked out whilst we did some last minute sightseeing, lovely helpful people.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Johnmh156

Reviewed 16 January 2014

The reason why I rated this hotel 'Average' and not 'Poor' is because of the cleanliness, helpful staff and the good b'fast. Apart from that we were very disappointed with the size of our room.

Our room was a twin room on ground floor (room 2) and there wasn't enough space for us both to walk at the same time. At some point I had to sleep with some baggage on the bed so that we can have room to walk to the bathroom. At night I was struggling to breathe - the room has no ventilation at all and I kept waking up with dehydration and headaches. Not nice!

Will not go back.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you pay!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 December 2013

This hotel is the very reason trip advisor was created: the photos look superb online, the price is great, and it's close to Paddington station. BUT, the pictures absolutely inaccurately represent the actual bedrooms, the place is so incredibly small you can't turn around without hitting something, and all night I could hear people stomping on the ceiling above me. My family and I stayed in a quad room that was no bigger than a room for a couple with two extra cots shoved in corners, and our view was of scaffolding. The bathroom is incredibly tiny and even I had problems with the size (I'm five eight, a woman, and thin). We also got breakfast with our stay which included some nasty looking eggs, sausage, bacon, beans, and tomatoes. I ate cereal, not because I don't like English breakfast, but because it looked inedible. The dining hall is smaller than the rooms, and located in the basement. Also, you have to turn your key in before you leave and retrieve it before you can go back up to you room. Although this place is in a great location, it was just not a great stay. With the walls being paper thin, we could hear everyone coming and going, and it was just not up to par with what we anticipated from the website. Let me just say this: I have traveled a lot, and I've stayed in nicer HOSTELS than this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room, with a balcony. That may help.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Mark0brien, General Manager at Rose Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you ‘dthomp1423’ for reviewing our hotel.
Firstly I would like to say that the photographs shown on line on all booking engines are of the hotel. The photographs are a selection of rooms in the building, some large, some smaller. All the rooms are spotlessly clean and well appointed. As is usual in town house hotels the rooms can be tight. This is not unique to our hotel.
The dining room is located in the basement as you rightly point out but I think you are using artistic license when you state that it is smaller than the bedrooms. Breakfast is served between 07-00-09.00 Mon through Sat and 08.00-10.00 Sundays and public holidays. We serve buffet English breakfast which is cooked fresh each day.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Super budget hotel. Only downside for me was trying to accomodate four to a room ( even with light luggage) left very little space but that aside. It was clean and functional. Breakfast was great despite it being very busy the supplies were replenished. Would definatetly stay again if on a short budget break as excellent value for money

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed four nights at the hotel ... It was scrupulously clean,breakfast was always hot and adequate to start the day. Clean towels and beds made every day.
Ideal for access to London and lots of restraints and eateries in locality. We recommemend it!!

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Wendy B
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed in the Rose Park on Tuesday 15th October to allow me to attend the US Embassy on Wednesday for a work visa.
The Hotel is about 2 minutes walk from Paddington Station or Heathrow Express.
Raquel on the reception desk was VERY nice and MOST helpful.
The room was VERY clean as was the bathroom and shower area.
It was very small but was adequate for what I needed.
I got a good sleep.
The breakfast was REALLY good, I was really surprised that it was so good.
The breakfast staff couldn't have been nicer or more friendly.
I would certainly use this hotel again in the future.

Posted by Jim Reap, Falkirk, Scotland.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank James R
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I try to travel conveniently by staying at the heart of most cities, but this hotel didn't quite measure up to its cost, however the staff was accommodating and the complimentary breakfast was authentic.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family