“"Quiet and friendly"”
Review of Rose Park Hotel

Rose Park Hotel
Ranked #899 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The location was great - 3 minutes from Paddington Tube station. Plenty of places to eat nearby. The room was small but well appointed. Perfectly comfortable for a couple of nights.Quiet and neat. Staff were friendly. Beds could have been of better quality. Included breakfast was ok.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Just a short walk from Hyde Park, this hotel is well positioned to explore the West End. On our second day we walked from the hotel across the park, past Buckingham Palace and Parliment Square to the London Eye. We had a triple room which was clean and the shower room was excellent. Full english breakfast was a nice surprise, we really couldn't fault the hotel and very reasonable rates too. Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2014

There is not a single redeeming quality to this hotel. It is overly expensive, the staff are horrible, and the rooms are small and dirty. In my opinion, the only reason they have any guests at all is because it looks nice from the outside and the location is good. However, this seems to only trick unknowing tourists into accepting a inadequate hotel. Upon arriving at the hotel you are greeted by a receptionist that doesn't speak English very well. Even after pre-booking and pre-paying, check-in took 30 minutes. The room we were given was about 35C (95F) inside although in was suppose to have AC. It was also extremely small, dirty, and had the feel of a cheap hostel room. We quickly checked in and turned up he fan on the AC, thinking it would cool down in our absence, and told the clerk at the front desk about it on the way out. Upon returning later in the night the room was still just as hot. Opening the windows didn't help since the light well used for the windows was also the exhaust port for the hotel AC unit, resulting in nothing but hot air blowing into the room. It was simply too hot to sleep in the room, when we went to request a room change the hotel clerk completely ignored us for 30 minutes. I then went to a neighbouring hotel and found a nicer room for a fraction of the price available for our stay. It wasn't until we informed the clerk the we were leaving and needed a refund that he even bothered to check if any other rooms were available. They were not and we demanded a refund, which was refused. He even refused to call a manager so we could talk to someone with some authority to get a refund. In the end we had to get the booking company involved and did get our refund. Bottom line: There is no reason to stay at this place when there are nicer, cheaper, more friendly places nearby.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Kevin R
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Oh dear. Such a shame the rooms are so small. I was allocated a room in the basement level and headed straight back to reception to complain and try to get a larger room. Was told all rooms were taken apart from one - which I was shown and was the same size. Yes it was clean and recently refurbished but so small. Not even a table or desk I could put my laptop on. To make matters worse, no TV remote control. Twice I had to go to reception and got given remotes that didn't work on the TV set. Eventually i was given a lesson into how to use the buttons on the side of the TV! Whoa - I've been transported back to the 1970s! Chap on reception was not much help, didn't seem to speak very good English and was completely unable to crack a smile or put me at ease. On the contrary; I got more mad each time I saw him! Suffice to say, I'll not be returning. It constantly amazes me how so many London hotels are completely unable to offer any form of decent customer service. What must foreign visitors think of us?

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2014

First of all, the room is small if you compare it to hotel or motel rooms in the U.S. If space is a concern, this is probably not the right hotel for you. My wife and I each had a small carry on luggage and a backpack, so we had enough room to store our bags.

The room itself is comfortable and clean. The bathroom is clean but very small, especially the sink (but it is functional). Wifi is kind of weak, my wife could log on but I had a hard time connecting to the internet.

The breakfast is buffet style so you can get hot food such as sausage, egg, baked beans, juice, ham, etc as well as cold milk and cereal.

In terms of location, it is a 5-minute walk to Paddington Station so it is very easy to get to Heathrow. It is a couple stations away from St. Pancras to catch the Eurostar. There is a bus stop for route 23 on Praed St, which bus can take you to St. Paul, Trafalgar Square, and Piccadilly Circus.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fungerific
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I booked a double and was given a single room (in the basement) upon getting there, i asked for a refund and it wasn't given to me. The hotel staff weren't helpful either, wicked if you ask me because after the inadequacy to accommodate me a hold was put on my card, hindering me from booking another hotel. Worst hotel ever!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We chose Rose Park because of its proximity to Paddington Station. (The Heathrow Express begins/ends and Paddington Station). It is actually 3 blocks from Paddington, which is still relatively close. In hindsight it would have been easier to have stayed in the Hilton, London Paddington, which is actually connected to Paddington. To get from Paddington to the Rose Park one must walk up the street leading from Paddington. There are A LOT of smokers in London, and that street is always lined - both sides - with people smoking - it's like walking a gauntlet to get out of Paddington. We eventually learned to go through the Hilton to avoid that street.

Rose Park Hotel is run by wonderful people - friendly and welcoming. There was always someone at the front desk. which is good, since they only give you one key (attached to a giant rope, which was rather disgusting) and you had to turn it in as you left and pick it back up when you returned each time.

The lift (elevator) was really small and barely accommodated us (3 people with 2 small suitcases and 2 backpacks) - but at least they had one!

The breakfast is good - poached eggs, sausages,toast, cooked tomatoes and baked beans, with coffee, tea or orange juice. The breakfast rooms are very small, so be sure to eat early.

Our room was extremely small, and the bathroom was minute! The room contained a double bed and a single bed (for our son). There was one chair and a very small table. The "closet" had a couple of shelves and hanging space for a few things. There was no place to put the luggage except on the table and one of the shelves. The beds were lumpy.

The shower is so small it's hard to turn around in it. Also, they only have bath towels - no hand towels and no washcloths. The room smelled kind of bad - not moldy, but something odd.

The air conditioner would not run until they "turned it on" downstairs - Afterwards it was fine and kept us comfortable.

I think we would probably try to stay elsewhere next time, though the price was better than we could get at other nearby hotels.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family