“Good stay”
Review of Seymour Hotel

Seymour Hotel
Ranked #969 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 November 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here on two separate occasions. Both times we had a great stay. Rooms as spacious and staff are friendly. Great location for accessing everything in London. Bathroom was a bit small but didn't bother us. We got a great last minute deal and would happily stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank meghanmcgregor
There are newer reviews for Seymour Hotel

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Chose this hotel knowing it was a very basic hotel and affordable in London. Great location. Only a few minutes walk to Paddington Station. Bad location - right on corner of street where buses turn and ambulances turn to go to St Mary's hospital up the road. Limited selection of better dining in the area. Bathroom was very small - only a half sink, a very small shower and toilet. When sitting on the commode, my husband's knees were banging against the door. No place to put clothes or towel when showering where they did not get wet. No place to put toiletries in bathroom. Continental breakfast was reasonable. Choice of cereals, tea, coffee, juice, bread, yogurt, and some meat and cheese. Beds were ok but nothing special. Was showing signs of age and a need to refinish some things.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Cruise281
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Arrived in the morning to be told we can book in after lunch and asked what time we would be back when we arrived back in the evening we were told it was two doors along around the corner. We could not have a shower it was too small (like a areoplane toilet). You could have a shower go to the toilet and brush your teeth at the same time it was so small! the double bed only had a single sheet on the matress. There was cobwebs everywhere The net curtains looked like they filtered half of london traffic and they had holes in them for the bed bugs to escape. We have never slept in such a dirty hotel. We have slept in quite a few in sussex garden hotels which have been clean this one the seymour should be taken off the books. When i spoke to the man in march he showed me a room and assured me that our room for 4 people would be clean and no bugs But he was telling lies he knows what the rooms are like he should sleep in them himself. THIS PLACE SHOULD BE CLOSED!!!

Room Tip: There is not a good room iam afraid they are all pig stys
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank HodgeyPodgey
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Initially the room looked clean, it was in a building 2 up from the actual Seymour Hotel and reception. For our family room we had double bed and a single and although basic, it was what I paid for. The horror started when my young children had gone to sleep and I turned on my torch for reading and saw bugs crawling over the sheets and pillows.
I squashed some in my utter panic, then started collecting in tissues, phoned reception and complained. At midnight I had to wake my children and move not only rooms but buildings. I didn't sleep for the rest of that night, unsuprisingly. The 2nd night I stayed awake and after the children were asleep turned on the torch and low and behold, more bugs. I took live ones to reception and demanded a different room, they let thelive bugs crawl over the desk, then eventually re-caught them and put them in the bin when I asked what he was going to do about them. Live bugs in an open bin...no wonder the whole hotel is infested.
We moved to the 3rd room in 2 nights and checked out 1st thing in the morning.
The hotel manager was rude, unhelpful and unsympathetic.
I reported hotel to the council who promptly opened up a health and safety investigation.
I have stayed in many many hotels all over the world and have never, never had bedbugs before. It was a very horrible and distressing stay.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Cal539
Reviewed 23 January 2012

After reading the reviews we were apprehensive but decided to go ahead with it after all and make our own minds up. On arrival we were told we were in the building next door and were directed to our room. It was a twin bed room and we had requested a double. I rang reception and they changed the room for us very quickly but in the building 3 doors down. It seems this hotel has actually got at least 4 buildings all joining. The room was basic but clean. The bathroom was tiny but adequate. If you just need a base to get a shower and a bed for the night then this is ideal and within walking distance of Edgeware Rd and Paddington tube stations. Lots of local pubs around as well. if you need a hotel where you want to spend all day in the height of luxury and not get out and about then this hotel isn't for you. Its basic, cheap and clean.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Clare H
Reviewed 8 October 2011

I didn't actually book at this hotel, I had pre-booked into the Royal Cambridge Hotel (few doors up the road) but on arrival they advised they had overbooked so had arranged for me to stay at the Seymour Hotel. The room cost £130 for one night and was not worth a single penny. The room was dirty, with cobwebs on the ceiling and dead flies in the uplighter. The bathroom stank and the base of the bathroom door was rotten - the smell from this emanated into the bedroom. The extractor fan did not work and was clogged up with what looked like years of filth. The light over the 'dressing table' was disgustingly filthy and the double bed was made up with a not very clean single sheet.

Due to the condition of the room, I decided not to use the in-room tea and coffee facilities. I also refrained from breakfast, which was included in the rate.

The only saving grace is if you were in a hurry you could easily use the loo and take a shower at the same time!!

I regularly stay at hotels throughout the UK for work. This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I would never recommend this hotel. I would also not recommend the Royal Cambridge, as it is due to them that I was subjected to this experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Myra D
Reviewed 1 September 2011

On first view it seemed decent, not the fanciest place around but decently clean. I mean you get what you pay for right? I've been in my fair share of hostels, motels and hotels throughout the world but this was hands down the worst experience I've ever had at a hotel.

On our first day there, we went out for about an hour and came back to find our room had been broken into and a lot of our things (electronics, money, cell phones, laptops, etc.) were stolen. The hotel offered no apology or refund and were extremely unhelpful with the police. When the police wanted to check the security cameras none of the staff knew how to work the recorder. When they finally got a specialist in they found that the camera hadn't even been recording.

As the day went on, more people reported things stolen and in the end 5 rooms had been hit.

The worst part? There was no sign of forced entry. I felt so violated knowing that someone would just walk into our room, rifle through our personal things and walk right on out. I'm sorry all of this - so many rooms hit, no broken locks, useless security cameras - just screams suspicious to me. If it wasn't an inside job, the hotel didn't seem at all concerned about the security of the place. When the maintenance guy "changed" the lock, we saw that it was in fact, the same lock (worked with the old key) and had to stand their watching him as he actually changed the lock.

As a young female traveler, security is my biggest concern. When you stay at a hotel, especially one with seemingly working locks and decent reviews, you expect to be safe. After that first afternoon, I did not feel safe at all.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business