Staunton Hotel
The Academy(London)
Garth Hotel(London)
Arosfa Hotel(London)
  • Room Service
All reviewsno liftgower streetbritish museumfull english breakfastcooked to order breakfastthird floorgeorgian townhousefacing the main roadair conditioningbasement levelsmall hoteltop floortriple roombreakfast roomrussell squareshort stayyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 November 2012

We stayed here at end of October 2012. It is very clean and the breakfasts were excellent. Like most London hotels converted from former residential properties, space is adequate but limited. The location, beside Bedford Square, Oxford St and 3 Tube stations, is excellent. Staff were friendly and helpful. For most families visiting London on the average budget I would highly recommend this hotel. It does not have a bar and restaurant but that was not an issue for us.
We did not have any complaints with this hotel at all. It is a very good value hotel in a great location. Bloomsbury is worth staying in anyway. Rooms are double and twin but if you do not like climbing too many steps then ask for a ground or first floor room.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, not looking onto Gower St.. If you do not want to climb too many stairs then specify when booking.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2012

This hotel is a little gem on Gower Street. Although Goodge Street tube station appears to be the closest, Russell Square station is actually almost the same walking distance (I tested it!) and is on the Piccadilly Line from LHR and thus avoids a change of tube lines carrying luggage. The hotel is clean, quiet, and I was pleasantly surprised by the size of my room (a double on the top floor) and its excellent and clean bathroom with a spacious shower. The room rate included breakfast which includes hot items cooked to order. The hotel has no elevators but I didn't mind as I considered climbing the stairs to be my exercise away from home. On one morning when the hotel seemed crowded there was no hot water in the shower - so my advice is, shower early! The staff were all very pleasant and helpful except for one server at breakfast who seemed a bit surly. I did manage to get a smile out of her at one point, though. All in all, a really great value in a good location.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room facing Gower Street as it is a one-way road and traffic can be noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 October 2012

This was a nice clean hotel in a very good location. Just a short walk, once I figured it out, from the Goodge St tube station. Breakfast was good, staff was friendly. Room and bathroom were small but so what? It was clean and the bed was good and so was the food to start my day before I went out to explore, that is all I need. I stayed in the basement so the stairs weren't an issue. The neighborhood and thus building look like they are easily over a hundred years old so no suprise on no elevator. I would easily stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We received a very warm welcome and we found the room large and comfortable.
However, we found that before breakfast, we had no hot water for the shower. We reported this to the lady in reception who was rather 'short', rude and most definitely unapologetic. We felt this was not really acceptable service for nearly £170 per night.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 7 October 2012

It is near the British museum & near to 2 subway stations. We have booked a Triple room w/ one King bed & 1 small bed for 3 Adults for 2 nights. The room is clean, spacious & the beds are comfortable, though the small bed is not long enough for a 6' tall person. Our room is facing the main road, but we are not disturbed by the noise of traffic outside. We had very good sleep for both nights. Breakfast is served at Basement, order to cook, very nice. .... Be aware that this hotel has no lift/elevator! You have to climb a narrow spiral stairs up to your room! This may be a drawback from choosing this hotel if you have big suitcases w/ you! Otherwise, this is a good hotel for your holiday.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family