“A great stay”
Review of Saint Simeon

Saint Simeon
Ranked #699 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I recently stayed at Saint Simeon and really enjoyed myself. The room was simple, but very clean. The staff were very welcoming and always made sure that I was happy. The breakfast was fantastic and it was nice that I could go down to the kitchen in the evening and make myself something to drink. I would highly recommend Saint Simeon!

Claire

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Claire S

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I was booked at another nearby hotel for a single room at the end of April. I travel regularly between Europe and London for work. I arrived very late at my usual hotel which is right next door well after midnight in fact due to the tubestrike.

When I was ushered over to St Simeon the the gentleman at the reception was polite, efficient and helpful. normally the reception desk is unmanned after midnight till early in the morning but he stayed because he knew I was due. I guess I must have looked pretty tired after a long journey and was offered something to eat which was a nice gesture.

The checkin process was very quick and easy

Good old fashioned key and so no complications with cards ect. Tv was dead easy to work. I was up the top near the lift. The room was clean neat and tidy and bed pillows blankets ect were fine.

I was in a bit of a rush in the morning but was the first down for breakfast. There was plenty to eat and coffee toast and eggs made to my liking. I disagree with some of the reviews on this website, yes there was an abundance of fruit but was of good quality.

The staff there have been helpful in making a booking for me in May for a full week at a VERY competitive price, especially for that area. Overall I was more than satisfied my my overall experience.
Carl.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank carl m
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We booked a triple room for one night at a cost of £166. I thought it was going to be a good experience as the hotel lobby is lovely. The first thing the receptionist did was warn us not to leave valuables in our room which didn't exactly fill me with confidence. She showed us to our room which was in the basement and my heart sank. It had a double and a single bed crammed into it, leaving no space for storage. It was really dingy and gloomy. I really don't know what could be done to make it any better other than demolishing it. The room was freezing cold and the heating wasn't working. We had got soaked as it was raining so were badly in need of some warmth. She said she would bring a heater but then disappeared. We ended up taking refuge in a nearby pub which had a fire. We really didn't want to go back to the room after the concert ended, and stayed in the KFC until 1am when it closed and we were forced to return. The room was still freezing, although the beds were comfortable and at least clean.
The breakfast was ok, although the hotel has an obsession with displaying fruit (which is in various stages of decomposition) everywhere in the dining room and hallway.
Wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the basement!! BRRRR!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Bethan W
Reviewed 22 April 2014

5 minute walk from Gloucester Road station. Both Waitrose and Tesco Express within 5 minute walk from hotel. Fast food and sit-down restaurants nearby. Staff was accommodating and kind. Our first night was in a dark room in the basement next to the elevator and dining room. It was noisy due to the pipes from everyone using their bathrooms above, plus the foot traffic to the dining room. We asked to move and were given a sunnier, more quiet room on the 2nd floor. The only disappointment was we didn't have internet connection from our room. We joined the many other guests perched on the chairs and steps in the stairwell to connect. The kitchen staff work hard and managers work hard to try and please.

Room Tip: Request a room not in the basement, and one with internet, (based on some of the reviews, some rooms...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ymousanon999
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Is very well located close to a handy tube station connected to Heathrow and a number of tube lines. and walking distance to the Natural History and Victoria & Albert museums. We travelled as a family and had a front street facing 5-bed mezzanine floor room for the four of us. This space was needed. The first night they had 'stuffed up' the booking (probably kinda deliberately to accommodate an overlap booking) so we were in a much smaller but ok front room. Rooms can get pretty hot and we were in London during a heatwave.This is not a flash place but adequate for a family on a budget staying four nights in London. Is quite ok for a place to sleep after full-on sight-seeing days. It's a bit 'Fawlty-Towers' and much of what is said on TripAdvisor about fruit and the service and small breakfast room is true but we'd probably stay here again. Is fine for a couple or few nights given London's ridiculous hotel prices.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Silverfoxr6
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Accommodation very basic - but sheets clean and beds comfortable.

Rooms at the front quite noisy (so take ear plugs).

Location is brilliant - and at the price (40 Pounds including breakfast) toy can not expect too much in the West End.

If you want posh don't stay here - But if you are happy with a cheep and cheerful place to sleep this should tick the boxes for you.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We needed a place to stay for only one night and found this place last minute. We were a little hesitant to book the room because the hotel appeared quite old in the pictures.The accommodation is basic, but it was very clean, had all the essentials and more.The staff were very warm and helpful. We booked a small triple room but the receptionist upgraded us to a larger room free of charge. He told us to help ourselves to a large selection of fresh fruit, available all day and night.
We were also told about the free full English breakfast. For us, the breakfast was definitely the highlight. There was a wide variety of foods that included fried eggs, bacon, sausage, beans, cold meats, cheeses, bread, bagels, fruits, pastries as well as hot coffee/tea and fresh juice.
The hotel is in a very quiet and safe neighbourhood and we didn't feel afraid returning to the hotel late at night. We would not hesitate to stay there again if we need to spend the night in London.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends