“Superb value and location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boulevard Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Boulevard Hotel
Ranked #846 of 1,087 Hotels in London
birmingham
“Superb value and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2007

If you are looking for a good value hotel close to Paddington station and bus routes into central London - this this is an excellent choice. I stayed here with my 5 year old and we felt very safe and well looked after by the supeb staff. The rooms are exactly as the web site - modern and clean. They are very small but if just want a bed for the night then the rooms are warm comfy and clean. We stayed at the front - our choice ,which was a little noisy ( bus stop outside) so would stay at the back next time. Breakfast was a bonus we didnt expect for the price and was good. Would definately go again and would recommend to friends.

• Liked — location and excellent value for money
  • Disliked — rooms are small
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family

London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2007

This building is a series of £90 a night cupboards not a hotel. The rooms are tiny. At best it's just manageable for one night. Book a double for one person and don't expect to unpack. In fact if you take a big case expect to either to leave it outside or be prepared to sleep on it..

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Size of the rooms
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank DonaldLondon

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2007

This hotel the best in London.....i stay other hotel always this is first time in hotel boulevard

staff help me a lot..they gave me and my girl friend free londoan maps....help us booking tours

24 hour reception and very friendly staff always willing to help guest and i felt like i was home....so comfortabe

they help me making phone to my brother and tell me how to make call using cheap calling card

newly refurbish.....excellent location 2 mins talk to station nice and safe area.....can walk to hyde park and oxford street.....24 hours bus access

i will surely go there again and again

• Liked — Friedly staff... nice location and comfortable bed with everything you require
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Mrspain
Weston-super-Mare
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2007

I've been staying at the Boulevard Hotel 3 nights a week since November 2006, when my previous "digs" (The London House in Craven Hill) went into administration, closed down and kicked me out at a weeks notice.

The Boulevard is quite small, with fairly limited facilities. It's basically a bed and breakfast establishment with all the rooms en-suite. The rooms tend to be on the small side as others have noticed, but I haven't had any real problems despite being a 16 stone, 6-foot-2 male. The decor is quite plain and restful - blond wood, laminate floors, cream walls. I think the building was refurbished a few years ago and it's definitely starting to show wear and tear, but I'm told that it has recently changed hands and the new owners are in the process of organising another refurb.

I basically use it as a place to sleep when I'm in London for work, leaving after breakfast at about 9:30 am and usually not returning until after 10 pm. There's no lift and the stairs are quite narrow, so it's just as well I only have a small wheely case and a backpack - anyone with two weeks' luggage in a big case could have a difficult time getting to a room on the third floor. Also, the storage facilities in the rooms aren't huge - the wardrobes in particular are very small, so you might be living out of a suitcase for the duration. Again, not a problem for me with minimal luggage.

Things I like: comfortable beds, controllable heating (and air con which I haven't had to use yet), excellent showers (a really nice, high pressure deluge!), really friendly and helpful staff, excellent location (4 minutes' walk from Paddington station), cleanliness (excellent), price (reasonable). Reception is open 24 hours a day which is great, since I usually check in quite late on my arrival night. Breakfast is a bit limited (white toast with butter and a selection of jams, croissants, cornflakes, orange juice with your choice of tea, coffee etc.) but they did have an arrangement with a small restaurant next door which does a "full english" for a small extra fee. Not sure if this is still going, however. To be honest, being picky I tend to take my own tea bags, granary bread and marmalade down with me and the staff toast the bread for me and so forth. Little things matter when you spend half your life away from home. :)

Things I don't like: the rooms at the front of the hotel overlook a bus stop and have single glazed sash windows. This means that you can hear buses going past until very late at night, so for light sleepers it might be better to ask for a room at the back of the building. There is no internet access in the building - I have asked, and it's on the list of things to be done, but I get the impression it's quite a long way down the list. I find this annoying since I work in IT and I'm used to hot and cold running net access at all times, but then that might just be me. The fact that the floors are all laminate means an inconsiderate guest on the floor above can really spoil your evening by coming in late at night and banging around, but unfortunately there's not a lot one can do about it - luck of the draw. The breakfast room (which is basically the entrance foyer) is quite small (about 7 tables each seating 2-3 people) and at certain times can be completely full so you'll have to wait to sit down for breakfast - although in fairness this has only happened to me twice in 3 months. The bathrooms (really shower rooms) in each room are very small and I sometimes find it difficult to get close enough to the sink when shaving, resulting in water all over the bathroom floor.

Things to avoid: a couple of the rooms are subject to a weird reverberating noise which sounds like an electric motor running in the next room for about 30 seconds every few minutes. This kept me awake and I've since asked never to be put in those rooms again!

So, in summary, a reasonably priced, clean but basic bed and breakfast with great staff and a great location. A few niggles, but in general it's a nice little place to stay.

• Liked — Location, price, friendly staff
  • Disliked — No Internet access!
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
7 Thank PaulT00
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2007

Great location for the price - 5 minute walk to Paddington station which is a convenient line for shopping district and airport link. Everything about the hotel is compact and there are no lifts - our room was the smallest I have ever seen where we could touch both walls with arms outstretched but the bathroom was even tinier so your forehead touches the washbasin when you are on the toilet! The laminated flooring also proved to be annoying as it was very creaky. There is alot of noise from both the street (all rooms face the street and there is a bus stop outside the hotel - our window could not fully shut) and the hotel corridor. However breakfast was lovely with fresh croissants, Danish pastries, cornflakes and hot chocolate. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The noise!
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled with friends
3 Thank clivingston
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2006

There was really noisy construction next door when I stayed (laye August 2006) -- so you can forget about slepping past 9 am! And it looked like it was a long-term project. Also hotel staff disorganised and called me at 8:30 am to ask me when I was checking out. I have stayed at two nearby hotels called Norfolk Towers and Royal Norfolk and found them to be better than Boulevard -- don't be fooled by included breakfast: it's not much. Only plus at Boulevard is AC -- in case it's really hot.

• Stayed August 2006
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank wayardtourist
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2006

We stayed there only a couple of nights and our room was the smallest I ve ever been into,with a single bed which apparently there is called "twin"!The sheets and towels werent changed everyday as it is common and overall the room gave the impresion of dirty.The breakfast was quite poor with 3 slices bread butter jam coffe or tea orange juice and corn flakes,definitely not worth waking up at 8 for it.
Anyways the staff was friendly and helpful.It was not very expensive and you get what you pay for but I ve certainly found better hotels for the same price or even less in London.
For sure I aint gonna stay there again!

• Stayed July 2006