“Só vale a pena pela localização”
Review of Abercorn House

Abercorn House
Ranked #431 of 930 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The Hostel is clean and near to great stores, restaurants and the bus station and underground Hammersmith, just 2 minutes walking. Bathrooms are very clean we have a lot of options in every floor. The walls are thin, so if nosy bothers you, rethink your choice. We order a double room and they gave us a twin. We were tired to make the change. The first days everything was ok, but by the 4th day we found a bed bug. I don't have to say that we couldn't sleep well anymore thinking about the bugs. We told the staff what happened and he seems to blame us, telling that the bug could be our fault. He advised us to wash all of our clothes and then go to another room, what didn't happened. We prefer to stay there and we found other bugs, 5 to be precisely. I won't stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is an excellent option on a budget. The hostel is basic but clean. The staff is friendly and it is located about 2 minutes from a tube stop, telco and plenty of other restaurants and bars. Excellent!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I booked a night online in october,not too cheap but good considering London prices and location (was a sort of discount for last rooms available). I arrived there,at first glance i thought it was a 3-4floors building,the hall was ok, with a sort of bar where you could buy drinks,sandwiches,fruit and some food. The men at reception were cold, I didn't mind..but I was with 2 heavy suitcases, without lift or any help from stuff it was very hard to climb 3 floors. Room was ok, there were even glasses,plates,fridge.. on the floor I found 2 kitchens, unluckily they were empty a part from a microwave not usable as someone stole the revolving plate in it. I tried a bathroom (with 2 sinks and a few toilets) and toilets were disgusting. a part from toilet itself, if you opened a window, there was pigeon excrement everywhere. Second time I noticed there was another bathroom for ladies only,that one was a bit better. Every floor had a long corridor like an hospital with many many rooms and a noisy and heavy swing door at the entrance (of corridor). I had to stay there other 2 nights but I was charged full price, more expensive than the price I paid 1st night and also more expensive than price online. And they gave me another room at 5th or 6th floor I don't even remember,but building from outside didn't seem so big (again same problem with suitcases-no help). I opend the door and the room was already occupied... there were 2suitcases, if i was a theft i could have stolen other people' stuff.....not safe!! I had to go downstairs and they gave me another key for another room.. This room was disgusting :( dusty and unfurnished! There was only a bed, pillow was missing. i had to go back to reception and they sent someone to bring me a pillow after 30 minutes, it was last room available they said.. i had to stay there just because it was impossibile for me to go anywhere else with those 2 heavy suitcases. Showers were in common, nowhere to put towel,clothes and beauty case with soaps and make up, so you had to leave your stuff unattended near a sink while in the shower.. i put the towel on the door, water stayed on for 8seconds then you had to press the button again,couldn't set temperature and water was like a boiling waterfall.. my hair got wet too and didn't have an hairdryer, I rolled up in the towel like a mummy and escaped from that bathroom with hands full of clothes,beautycase and key. So was very uncomfortable walking through the corridor soaked, with hands occupied i had to open the corridor door with a shoulder,then put things on the floor and opening the door. Never again. i didn't even feel safe with all those men walking in the corridor looking at me. I bought a wireless internet ticket and it was not working in the room so i had to go in the nice living room,where i spent all my time looking for another place where to go. So if you're lucky you get a nice room,if you take a shower at lunchtime after they clean is fine, if you stay at ground-1st-2nd floor is fine,if you don't have valuables with you is fine.. but for more than 60£ I wouldn't stay again in a place at 6th floor without a lift with heavy suitcases, people entering in your room while you're not there (it happened to me too,maybe they were cleaners!?).. if I ever will go again I'll only book if there is an offer and won't bring valuables with me. P.S.=external door,with direct access to fire escape stairs always open.....NOT SAFE. 3 on 5 just because it was in a nice area and close to tube

Room Tip: Call before going there and ask for a decent furnished room!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I'm very satisfied with this hostel. It is clean, the staff is kind and the position is great, just 5 minutes from Hammersmith underground.
You have sheets and towels changed every two days (we have been there for 7 nights).
Only little negative aspects are that
- the kitchen is not equipped with any pots. You can only make coffee/ tea (not provided) with the kettle, heat food in the oven and toast the bread in the toaster
- in the bathroom there are not any wallsled to put towels

Room Tip: We have been at the first floor (room 106) and it was very good, just in front of the kitchen.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The only good things about this property could be the pricing and location which is near to the train station.

Requested a low floor room but given a high floor instead. There's no lift and i have to drag my luggage all the way up to the 5th floor which was quite a hassle. There's no window blinds in the bathroom and it's exposed to anyone from the outside. The water pressure also very low and don't really enjoy the shower!

Breakfast was not included in the price. The same goes to Wifi.

People smokes within the property and at times I felt suffocated.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Great location, quite friendly staff, dirty sheets, noisy. We took deluxe room, but it wasn't very clean (especially sheets which looked dirty). Location is really great, only two minutes from Hammersmith subway.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Krešimir Z
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Booked a room here for 1 night as part of my boyfriends birthday present & to go to a concert at Hammersmith Appollo nearby, having stayed here before. We were told upon arrival by a very rude & arrogant receptionist that due to a problem our room was no longer available; I had recieved no email or telephone call to inform me of this! He said a room had been booked for us instead somewhere in Earls Court, I explained that we didn't want to stay there as we were going to the Appollo but was told it was that or nothing, we did not like the attitude of the man at reception; he offered no apology and treated our being there and questioning why we weren't contacted prior to arrival as an inconveniance while his collegue kept shoving the credit card machine at us to pay. We decided to come home after the concert as it was just too much hassle to find the other place with short time left until the concert began, very upsetting and dissapointing. We'll never book here again :(

Room Tip: telephone prior to arrival to make sure your room is still available!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple