YHA London Oxford Street
US$187
Agoda.com
US$203
  • Restaurant
All reviewsoxford streetself catering kitchena private double roombathrooms and showersgreat locationcentral hostelcleaned regularlycommon roombottom bunkbunk bedsperson roomkitchen facilitieswalking distancesmall fanluggage storagecommon areaslounge area
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Actually one of the cleanest hostels I have stayed in, central location with easy access to tube and other amenities.
Very clean and staff were so helpful.
Helped with all my bookings for attractions and buses etc, can't thank them enough.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Becky H, Manager at YHA London Oxford Street, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Great to hear that you had a good time here, hope to see you back here again soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

It has everithing you can expect from a hostel: good location, very clean, good bathrooms, friendly staff, good rooms and beds. The breackfast is also cheap and complete, and the kitchen has everithing you could need. One bad thing: they don't have free internet or wifi. Anyway, It's going to be my choise in my next stay in London

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Great to hear that you will be staying here on your next visit. We are looking into the Wifi situation as well. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I was only here for one night and found it is great if you're just looking for somewhere to sleep/leave your bags. The location is fantastic, situated within a few minutes walking distance of Oxford street, loads of restaurants and an underground station. I found the staff to be pleasant and the hostel on the whole clean (apart from the bedside shelf of fingernails found in our room!) I didn't get the chance to take advantage of the services offered but the hostel does have a bar and offer breakfast. I stayed in a room with two sets of bunk beds and found it was comfortable and a good size. There is sufficient storage in the rooms, just remember to take a padlock! There seemed to be enough bathroom/toilet facilities as there never seemed to be people queuing, however both of the toilets on my floor were blocked. Another bad part for me was having to pay to leave my case during the day. There is a locker room where you can leave your bags safely, however there is a £3 charge per locker.

I would probably consider staying at this hostel again. It was clean, comfortable, great value and in a convenient location.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Becky H, Manager at YHA London Oxford Street, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Hope to see you back here again.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I was here for a romantic getaway with my girlfriend. We had a great time and really enjoyed our stay! Our floor was nice and quiet with very respectful neighbors and really helpful staff. There was never a line to the toilets, even though two of them were out of service our entire stay for some reason.

We spent a long weekend at the hostel, from Thursday to Monday, however I noticed that the toilets and showers weren't cleaned properly during the night between Sunday and Monday, causing them to be full of trash and dirty on Monday morning. Not sure why this was though, it wasn't like that the other days.

While I would highly recommend anyone wanting a decent hostel to stay here, there are a few things to be aware of! The hostel is located on the third floor of an office building, with only a tiny elevator to service it, and then some of the rooms are located even higher up. If you have trouble walking up and down stairs you might want to find a different place to stay at. I was surprised this wasn't advertised on their website.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if there are any rooms facing the street, if there are pick rooms facing away from the street and also down the hall from the showers and toilets, especially if you're a light sleeper!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Becky H, Team Member at YHA London Oxford Street, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Hi there,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are sorry that the bathrooms had not been cleaned properly, we are looking into this. We are howeer happy to hear that the rest of your stay was enjoyable.

Kind regards,

Leigh

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Definetly ine of the best hostels we stayed in duing our trip through europe. The nicest, funniest, hottest staff are always willing to help. The only bad part was that you have to pay for internet if you arent a member. Still i reccomend it a lot cause it gives you everything you need: tickets for museums, shows, and everything from the reception. The kitchen is really really nice and the location is just extremely perfect, right next to the soho party neighborhood, oxford st, and almost every theatre.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends