“1 star of 5 is too much!”
Review of Arran House Hotel

Arran House Hotel
Ranked #365 of 571 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Really? Where are the positive reviews are coming from? I understand that not all rooms might be the same, but the bugs in the breakfast room where plain to see for every guest!

The room I got wasnt clean and neither was the shared bathroom. Yuk!

I only stayed for one night, because after that one night I found some suspicious bites on my body.. Fleas?

The staff wasn't helpful or friendly.

The only good thing about this hotel is the location, but really, that doesn't make up for the horrible night you'll have at this plaece

Room Tip: Book another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank felicia m

Reviewed 4 January 2014

1.i was bitten by fleassss for 30 times
it's after two days i still uncomfortable
2.water heater was broken for 2 days
whole of guests only have two bathroom to wash
everyone stay in queue for long time
3.breakfast was so simple and not good

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank 享岳 劉
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Arran House is very well located, right on Gower Street, close to the British Museum and just a short walk away from the city centre. The place is very clean and the staff unfailingly helpful (Rojas, in particular, was nice and even caring). However, be aware that bathrooms are shared, rooms are tiny and hallways can be a little noisy. Breakfast was good, though. The hotel works very well for a budget visit to London (one of the most expensive cities in the world), but if you have some additional pounds to spare, find another hotel on the same street.

Room Tip: Do NOT accept a room close to the stairs landing. It gets awfully noisy. Request one on one of the h...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank alfcr
Reviewed 23 December 2013

My mother and I booked the Arran Hotel for a Christmas Shopping trip on a Sunday. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were pleasantly surprised at the hotel's close proximity to the Tube and also the very friendly receptionist who took our cases and provided us with tea. We headed out for a long day of shopping and came back pretty tired; we were then shown to our small but clean room. The beds are comfy and the shared bathroom is of a good, clean standard. I crashed out at 10pm as I was so tired. Should have been a great nights sleep- boy was I wrong. I woke up at 230, absolutely boiling hot! The fan wouldn't work unless you had the light on and even then it did little to alleviate the temperature. It was useless opening the window because of the traffic going by every few seconds- sadly, the Arran House is situated on a fairly busy road, and the front rooms are not soundproofed at all. I didn't get back to sleep until 7:15am where I dropped off, despite the traffic, as j was so exhausted. If you are a heavy sleeper-great, if you sleep lightly like me- then avoid at all costs. Lovely little hotel, with friendly staff and in a good location but sadly rooms are overheated and loud.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank lilshopaholic101
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Arran house hotel for 3 nights and was happy with my choice of hotel. All the staff were very friendly and it was in a good location as the train/tube was in walking distance. I was on the top floor and even though I had to trek up the stairs it made it worth while when I got into the comfy bed! :)

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 16 November 2013

OK fellow travelers, it might not be exactly what you expect, so, bullet points!
- This is in an insanely expensive neighborhood. So it's priced like a high end place (read $300 for a double occupancy room), but is more "mid grade" or "homey." The business hotels in the area are $500 per night for smaller, yes, smaller (but nicer / more upscale) rooms.
- It's in a row of apartment-style hotels that all look the same from the outside. But from the online reviews this is one of the nicer / nicest ones.
- I booked a room for double occupancy (thought a friend might join me) and they gave me a triple / quad room (low season)? For the neighborhood, this triple room was quite large.
- The room, and its plentiful linens, were spotless.
- That bathroom was, well, a minor adventure. It was built into the room itself, and featured an airplane-sized kind of sink / toilet setup, plus a tiny shower, with a low ceiling. The shower was tiny enough and close enough to the toilet that two people probably couldn't use them at the same time. (But one person could quite easily! So maybe it's actually a bonus.)
- One of the receptionist dudes was curt and all business, but the other was more of a people person.
- Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Aar0n_M
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I was only staying in London for a night so I only needed a bed but if you are a family and/or if you plan to stay for a few days, don't stay in this hotel. The room is tiny, I haven't been shown where the bathroom was, the guy at the reception was nice but could *just* speak english. And the price per night was just way too expensive.

I am just going to add the room was clean and tidy, so nothing to complain about that

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo