Premier Inn London Kensington (Earl's Court) Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
3,887 results
All reviewstube stationmeal dealfamily roommain buildingthe royal albert hallthe natural history museumdistrict lineminute walkexcellent locationgood nights sleepheathrow airportlight sleeperstayed here for nightsnight's sleepbreakfast was excellentdouble bedhyde park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Spent 2 nights here 17th, 18th January 2014. Location is 2mins. walk from Earls Court underground station. Check in easy but be aware that Payment is on arrival not departure.
Rooms are big with Kingsize bed and bath plus sofa. Hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities and small T.V. are also included, one small problem we had is that the heating unit was occasionally noisy and emitted a low hum at inconvenient times, i.e. when we were trying to sleep, and the only solution was to turn the unit off, therfore the guarantee of a 'good nights sleep' was not met on this occasion.
However the plus clearly outscores the minus here, mainly because of the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff who made us feel most welcome. I don't know if Management read all reviews but a pat on the back for the staff concerned is deserved.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are generally quieter, as are the rooms above Knaresborough Place.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobAshbydelaZouch
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Ok, the manager of this premier inn thought it was ok that mice were running across dining room in full view of people sitting there watching. Said his kitchen didn't have an infestation, wow, not only a hotel manager but pest control expert as well. Very rude to my friend when she complained. Told us eventually he would close kitchen but we came downstairs to find dining room packed with people eating breakfast. Also told us he wasn't responsible??? ONLY thing they did right was full refund plus compensation payment of the not a good sleep thing. WHY can hotels get away with this when ordinary people in business would be shut down. Is it ok to have mice running around where people are eating? What is wrong with this country?

Room Tip: Tell em you don't want to be on other side of road as it takes about 10 minutes and two lift journeys to get there. I got lost and found myself in a purple nightmare with no Lenny Henry to help out.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank hopefulscottraveller
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Kensington (Earl's Court) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. We are however, pleased to learn that you were refunded in line with our Good Night Guarantee.

Even so, we would like it if you could email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com so we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Be very careful if you live outside the UK and get bombarded with Premier Inn offers during the off season! We were taking a budget trip to London in January and the four night stop at the Earls Court Premier Inn absolutely fitted the bill when the offer came through for four nights accommodation at a total cost of £246 instead of the standard rate of £378.

As the reduced cost was on a "pay now, no refund" basis we figured out that the smart thing to do was to first book the flight! Easy Jet also had a good offer so without hesitation I booked seats for my wife and I. Immediately afterwards I set about booking the Premier Inn. On the first attempt my card was not accepted, so I tried again with the same result. A quick telephone call to the UK established that my NatWest Mastercard was perfectly OK but that nothing had come through from the hotel. So I called the Premier Inn HQ and asked what was wrong. The lady suggested that I should re-book directly from the web-site and not from the link on the e-mail on which I received the offer. Did that but the same result. Yet another phone call, this time being put through to the Premier Inn IT department.

The guy asked me where the card billing address was. I explained that it was a UK NatWest card but that as I lived in Spain, the billing address was obviously in Spain.

Oh, in that case you have to go on to the Premier Inn Spanish web-site I was told. Didn't know you had Premier Inns in Spain I said. That's not the point he replied. You cannot book a UK Premier Inn hotel from Spain unless you visit the Spanish web-site.

In all fairness, the guy guided me through and eventually we located the Kensington Premier Inn. However, there were no offers on this site, just full price. I asked him why I was constantly bombarded by the P.I. if none of the offers applied.

At this point I decided to write to Patrick Dempsey, who I think runs the company, and to guest relations. I didn't get an acknowledgement from either, but I did get a phone call from the IT guy who said he would invoice me for the full amount, but would then send a second invoice indicating that I had been given a discount equal to the difference between the full amount and the offer! He then went on to say that they could not accept any card payment over the phone but that I would be on the full rate terms, which meant I paid on arrival and could cancel up to 13.00 on the day of arrival.

Wow, what a mess, but we got there in the end.

What about the hotel? Well, for the price it is superb. Our room was extremely good, far bigger than one would expect for that price in that location. The bathroom was a decent size and everything was spotlessly clean.

We ate dinner twice in the hotel and both times the food was well priced and of good quality. In addition, the restaurant itself is comfortable, being semi-partitioned into three sections, which makes for a far more pleasant atmosphere than one large room. The adjacent bar is also comfortable with prices that tempt one to order a drink!

We found all the staff to be very helpful and friendly and only have praise for the way they conducted themselves.

Earls Court tube station is only a 2 or 3 minute walk away and is well serviced by the Piccadilly, Circle and District lines so it is not difficult to get to any part of central London.

I would definitely recommend the hotel, just make sure that the offers apply to you!

Room Tip: Rooms in the main part of the hotel are the most convenient. Otherwise it is two lifts and a covered walkway over the road.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Chose Premier Inn at Earls Court as a budget option for a 2 night stay giving access to Kensington and some of the London sites. This is a great little find, close to Earls Court tube and walking distance of museums, Hyde Park and Harrods. Breakfast was great, we were on holiday after all so a fried breakfast was very welcome and kids eating free even better. 4th bed could have been better as only a trundle and not very comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful. Overall a great place to stay on a budget.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert W
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Recently stayed in this hotel for business while at a trade show. Hotel is normal premier in standard and breakfast is good. The hotel has a Barclays bikes rack outside and is 2 minutes to Earls court tube station. There are plenty of places close to eat and drink.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business