“Comfortable Beds!”

Ranked #183 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Corrales, New Mexico
“Comfortable Beds!”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Very comfortable beds. Easy access to all the landmarks via subway. Good breakfast option. Rooms and bathrooms are small but I think that is common in Europe A well kept hotel. Clean beds, clean bathroom.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Heywood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Excellent treatment. Extremely helpful and efficient staff - nothing too much trouble - a credit to themselves and the company - real treasures. Restaurant was spotless and served excellent food. Every person on reception was superbly helpful and friendly. They recommended and provided us with excellent minicab service. If you are visiting this area - this is the place to stay!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Devon
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Excellent location for public transport for airport, central & West End of London.
Few minutes walk to underground trains and many bus routes.
Hotel is clean, welcoming and ideal for a short break in London. Didn't try Restaurant as there were several good restaurants/coffee houses close by for breakfast and dinner.
No problem in recommending this Premier Inn.

Room Tip: Some rooms can experience noise from trains
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Leeds
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My wife daughter and I were visiting an exhibition at the Natural History Museum, and so required an overnight stay, preferably near the museum. After some looking, I used the Premier Inn's website to check which was the nearest hotel, and found this one near to Earl's Court, and approx. 15 minute walk to the Natural History Museum.
I used the online check-in a couple of days before arrival, so check-in was simply inserting my reference on the self-check-in machine, and within a minute I had my room number and keys - very efficient.
The room itself was, as always, very clean, tidy and of a good size. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom immaculate.
We had booked breakfast (child eats free with two paying adults!) which was a cooked buffet - eat as much as you like...and was very good. The restaurant itself was well laid out with, at breakfast anyway, very attentive and pleasant staff.
All in all, for a budget hotel (albeit upper scale of budget), the Premier Inn Earls Court is exceedingly good, and, as I've said before about Premier Inns in general, a lot better than hotels that are far more expensive

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Ashby-de-la-Zouch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Spent 2 nights here 17th, 18th January 2014. Location is 2mins. walk from Earls Court underground station. Check in easy but be aware that Payment is on arrival not departure.
Rooms are big with Kingsize bed and bath plus sofa. Hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities and small T.V. are also included, one small problem we had is that the heating unit was occasionally noisy and emitted a low hum at inconvenient times, i.e. when we were trying to sleep, and the only solution was to turn the unit off, therfore the guarantee of a 'good nights sleep' was not met on this occasion.
However the plus clearly outscores the minus here, mainly because of the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff who made us feel most welcome. I don't know if Management read all reviews but a pat on the back for the staff concerned is deserved.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are generally quieter, as are the rooms above Knaresborough Place.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RobAshbydelaZouch
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Ok, the manager of this premier inn thought it was ok that mice were running across dining room in full view of people sitting there watching. Said his kitchen didn't have an infestation, wow, not only a hotel manager but pest control expert as well. Very rude to my friend when she complained. Told us eventually he would close kitchen but we came downstairs to find dining room packed with people eating breakfast. Also told us he wasn't responsible??? ONLY thing they did right was full refund plus compensation payment of the not a good sleep thing. WHY can hotels get away with this when ordinary people in business would be shut down. Is it ok to have mice running around where people are eating? What is wrong with this country?

Room Tip: Tell em you don't want to be on other side of road as it takes about 10 minutes and two lift jou...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank hopefulscottraveller
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Kensington (Earl's Court) Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. We are however, pleased to learn that you were refunded in line with our Good Night Guarantee.

Even so, we would like it if you could email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com so we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Europe
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Be very careful if you live outside the UK and get bombarded with Premier Inn offers during the off season! We were taking a budget trip to London in January and the four night stop at the Earls Court Premier Inn absolutely fitted the bill when the offer came through for four nights accommodation at a total cost of £246 instead of the standard rate of £378.

As the reduced cost was on a "pay now, no refund" basis we figured out that the smart thing to do was to first book the flight! Easy Jet also had a good offer so without hesitation I booked seats for my wife and I. Immediately afterwards I set about booking the Premier Inn. On the first attempt my card was not accepted, so I tried again with the same result. A quick telephone call to the UK established that my NatWest Mastercard was perfectly OK but that nothing had come through from the hotel. So I called the Premier Inn HQ and asked what was wrong. The lady suggested that I should re-book directly from the web-site and not from the link on the e-mail on which I received the offer. Did that but the same result. Yet another phone call, this time being put through to the Premier Inn IT department.

The guy asked me where the card billing address was. I explained that it was a UK NatWest card but that as I lived in Spain, the billing address was obviously in Spain.

Oh, in that case you have to go on to the Premier Inn Spanish web-site I was told. Didn't know you had Premier Inns in Spain I said. That's not the point he replied. You cannot book a UK Premier Inn hotel from Spain unless you visit the Spanish web-site.

In all fairness, the guy guided me through and eventually we located the Kensington Premier Inn. However, there were no offers on this site, just full price. I asked him why I was constantly bombarded by the P.I. if none of the offers applied.

At this point I decided to write to Patrick Dempsey, who I think runs the company, and to guest relations. I didn't get an acknowledgement from either, but I did get a phone call from the IT guy who said he would invoice me for the full amount, but would then send a second invoice indicating that I had been given a discount equal to the difference between the full amount and the offer! He then went on to say that they could not accept any card payment over the phone but that I would be on the full rate terms, which meant I paid on arrival and could cancel up to 13.00 on the day of arrival.

Wow, what a mess, but we got there in the end.

What about the hotel? Well, for the price it is superb. Our room was extremely good, far bigger than one would expect for that price in that location. The bathroom was a decent size and everything was spotlessly clean.

We ate dinner twice in the hotel and both times the food was well priced and of good quality. In addition, the restaurant itself is comfortable, being semi-partitioned into three sections, which makes for a far more pleasant atmosphere than one large room. The adjacent bar is also comfortable with prices that tempt one to order a drink!

We found all the staff to be very helpful and friendly and only have praise for the way they conducted themselves.

Earls Court tube station is only a 2 or 3 minute walk away and is well serviced by the Piccadilly, Circle and District lines so it is not difficult to get to any part of central London.

I would definitely recommend the hotel, just make sure that the offers apply to you!

Room Tip: Rooms in the main part of the hotel are the most convenient. Otherwise it is two lifts and a covered...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple