“Good Location”

Ranked #399 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Lagos, Nigeria
“Good Location”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Good Location , near some pubs and restaurants so easy to get food even late at night.
MAcDonalds right next door so fast food is available.
Quick access to shopping malls and Town centre just 1 bus trip away.
Irish Pub right next door.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Michael R, General Manager at Clayton Crown Hotel, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thanks for the review; we think we have a good location too. As you say just a half hour bus ride to the centre of town. Come back again soon – General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
bury st edmunds
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I arrived at the Crown Moran for a next day business meeting, I was surprised that it had no disability set down area, I had trouble getting into the underground car park, many small vans were parked in the way. No designated disability parking spaces were in the basement, they are usually near the lifts, so it would be a struggle a driver with mobility problems and luggage.
The front desk staff, when they acknowledged me, couldn't find my reservation and tried to charge me too much, not including breakfast. This was sorted out, the room was in the old part, very hot and only one small window opened, it took me several hours to find the air con controls hidden behind a TV on a gantry that would not move, I eventually got it to work, but later could not switch it off and was cold all night. The room and bathroom very so spotless & clean, cleaner than any hotel I have stayed in, the deep bath did need a grab rail and some instruction so the shower and hand shower did'nt spray everywhere. I thought the fee for a continental breakfast at 9.99 high, a cooked breakfast was from 12 pounds upwards and included a continental, that seems a lot when if you have one, you don't usually have the other one. Drinks at the bar and dinner also seemed to be at West End prices in Cricklewood. Would I stay again, yes, the staff were very charming, the place interesting, could still get a better deal in central London, but the Irish charm of the staff was full of smiles, and won me over.,

Room Tip: Try the new wing and make sure you can find the air conditioning controls
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Glad the hotels cleanliness and Irish welcome pleased you and I will look into the disability issues you have mentioned. Delighted you will be coming back given the shortcomings you mentioned; hopefully next time we will get it absolutely right – General Manager
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We have chosen this hotel after quite a long search, estimating + and -, trying to get the best value for the reasonable money, so we' ve chosen the Crown, according to mostly very very good reviews. Honestly, may be the stuff is just being trained for the short-term guests, thats the reason why all people who have stayed for a couple of days are so happy and pleased with everything, may be this is actually the politics of the hotel- to pay more attention to the short-term... I dont know- so more about my experience: we came to England with my sister to follow some classes, for one month! Quite a long stay, eh? Honestly, the only time when I really felt that stuff was happy to see us- was the first day! Two young men were very happy to see us, and it seemed everything was going well, the room was given right away (we booked 2 or even 3 months in advance- 2 separate beds- which was a free option on the booking web site- "Booking.com" actually, flat-screen TV, conditionning), everything was quite a pleasant experience, untill we saw our room... it was on the lowest floor, kind of basement floor, there was no elevator and the first stairs didnt break our spirit while carrying our luggages ourselves; but when we entered the room even flat screen TV didnt seem seducing- the room didnt have windows! it was dark and instead of the window was the wall with some shinning christmas lamps! Thats was trully unexpected. I dont understand how the hotel stuff could arrange for people who will stay for 1 month in the room, who will actually live there (even though we wouldnt stay there all the days long)- a room without window at all? So, I got immediately back to the reception and had to insist on my point of view that it is not a good choice for us at all! The guy who gave us the room- got offended?! and another guy had to talk with me! So we got the manager, and they, magically, after proving they dont have ANYthing, got us another better room- still no view, nothing, but at least some window, but, sorry, separate beds were only in the bachelor rooms, as flat screen tvs. Oh, no, flat screens were also in the rooms with no view- kind of compensation, I guess. Two days before our departure they actually did changed the tvs in all rooms;) So yeah, now you will be more lucky. So, yes, thats how it has started. Than we the next day we again changed the room - and this time it was kind of a room we have had expected while booking beforehand (still sleeping together).
So, to be continuing, the phone in our room didnt seem to work, when we were calling anywhere- on the reception, in the restaurant, laundry- they didnt hear us.
There is no good interenet connection- it was okey, if you need to print smth, they have a special computer downstairs- it is for money- we paid twice in order to print smth- and the only thing we got was sitting and waiting the page to be loaded.... never loaded- had to go to the reception and print the documents.
Every time passing the hall, stuff was avoiding looking at us, only one guy was really glad to talk to us and help us (thank you, Alin!). Mostly stuff was romanian, slovakian. So speaking any of those languages will be your competitive advantage.
The cleaning ladies were also very good! Actually one more point I give for them: when I forgot some personal things in the previous room (we moved twice!), I thought they were lost; but than in the vening I found it in my new room, on its old place! It was really really nice! I was surprised and quite pleased! Thank you!
The hotel is very popular for wedding events. During our stay we have counted at least 4 weddings passing there and 1 presentation.
It is VERY far from the downtown. Yes, there is bus route- it goes directly to downtown, but it will take you 1 hour to get there... If you have money you can buy subway/underground- you will need 3 zones to get to center- it will cost you around 250 GBP per adult+ bus to get to it/ by walk 15-20 min. Very good iphone application that helped us travelling all over London- "Citymapper", do recommend!
The breakfast service was good! Right on time requiested.
In general hotel looks nice, clean and stylish. It is not big. The area is not center, it is more away, more arabic, pakistanian, indian- a lot of places to eat; bars are more close to the underground station, so you wont die from hunger anyway, there are also supermarkets right over the corner.
I would say that stuff plays a major negatif factor in my review, and the hotel itself was not bad, it is getting better, but I would really recommend them to get more trained personnel, or persons who are more happy with theirs lives.
The only crucial thing I would say, if you have money for this hotel, you should search for something closer to downtown! Even though it would not have conditionning (and it was crucial for us, we used it only once!)
Have a good trip! And good luck, may be we were just unlucky- you decide:)

Room Tip: be specific!
3 Thank Faonny
Michael R, General Manager at Clayton Crown Hotel, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Oh dear, looks like we missed an opportunity with you as very valued long stay guests. I will look into your comments and thank you for raising these matters to ensure a better experience for fellow travellers – General Manager
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The Crown Moran was a great stay and we would visit with them again in a heartbeat! We arrived at London Heathrow and took "The Tube" Underground from Terminal 3 (Get an Oyster Card) and took about 45 minutes (with station connections) to the closest station to the Crown Moran (Kilburn station). I recommend getting the Underground Oyster Card upon arrival and downloading the Underground phone app to your phone for ease of connections. It is about a 15 minute walk (or you can ride the bus from Kilburn station up close to the stop near the Crown Moran). Since we arrived early in the morning on an international flight, we ended up at the hotel at about 10:30 to 11:00. I know typically that is WAY to early to check in but they did an excellent job accommodating us and gave us the first room available and we were able to check in early...superb service after a long international flight. The desk agent, Lucias, was incredibly helpful throughout our 3-night stay...and all the great service we received is fully deserving of the time to write this review! The room was in great condition and very comfortable. Remember your power adapter (They have the three prong UK plugs). They did not have a Euro per person per day tax as some European hotels do which was nice. We had a package with breakfast included at their restaurant (across from the front desk and upstairs) and it was very good! Full continental breakfast and hot menu items were included (like eggs, etc, not just cereal and bagels). The area around it was pretty good...lots of side street shops (the kind with garage door kind of front locking doors). There were a few good pubs (great for the beer, fish and chips). One about halfway from the Crown Moran and the Kilburn station was called "The Beaten Docket" and we ate there twice! Great local pub to eat at right before hitting the hotel to rest. We would definitely stay at the Crown Moran again the next time we visit London!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you Jared, I am delighted we were able to accommodate your early arrival and that you enjoyed your stay so much. I will personally thank Lucia on your behalf; it’s always special when a team member gets mentioned by name – General Manager
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed on a Saturday night as we were visiting Wembley Stadium in the evening. We checked in about 2:00pm, dropped our bags and went for a wander around Criklewood, well there isn’t much to see, just seems to be loads of people just “hanging about”. We then went back to the hotel and I have to say the hotel is excellent, we made use of the swimming pool and it was at a good temperature, the the hotel room was great, it had everything we wanted.
We arrived back at the hotel at about 11.00pm and the hotel bar was a great place to relax and as it is open quite late it is possible to enjoy a beer or two if you arrive back late. I thought the prices in the bar were also reasonable too.
I would definitely use the hotel again if visiting Wembley

1 Thank AJ_AJ963
Thank you AJ, so pleased you enjoyed the leisure facilities as well as the lounge bar. We are looking forward to welcoming you back really soon – General Manager
Bradford, Rhode Island
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Crown Moran was a wonderful place to stay--The room was quite comfortable and very clean--It is right on the bus line and it is very easy to get to the tube from here
The best part was Alanthe hotel's driver!! He met us at the airport and was very knowledgeable about every thing. Every morning he was in the lobby and we would tell him what our plans were. He would then tell us which tubes we needed to take to get where we wanted to go--making our visit extremely enjoyable!! THANK YOU ALAN

1 Thank suzanneBradfordRi
Thank you Suzanne, I am pleased you had a great stay and that Alan looked after you. He is quite a character and well loved by hotel guests. Hurray back.
Menstrie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The hotel is really nice - the area - not so much, but who cares. The hotel staff were very friendly and the hotel itself was really lovely and clean. The room was fab - only bad points were the usual crappy little hair-dryer supplied, the shower wasn't great and there was a lack of plugs. Apart from that it was great.
We could've paid less elsewhere, but you pay for what you get.
Breakfast was delicious and was given a good choice of continental and cooked, however next visit, I think we'd opt out of the brekkie as £10 a head is a tad steep.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the review, I am delighted you liked the staff, rooms and breakfast. Will have a look at the hair dryer and thank you for the heads up! Pun intended – General Manager