“If you don't mind a bit of a bus journey stay here!”

Clayton Crown Hotel
Ranked #432 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Really enjoyed our stay here. Good sized room with nice facilities including decent bath. The bed was also very comfortable. Staff very extremely pleasant and helpful and although I was initially worried that it might be very noisy due to a large wedding reception, I needn't have been because although they seemed to have a good time it didn't affect the rest of the hotel at all and we had a great night's sleep. The Pan Asia restaurant had a special offer on so the cost was very good value, although I didn't think the food was particularly good.
The hotel is well served by buses and night buses too, with a bus stop practically opposite the hotel and it is easy to get to from central London. But if you're in a rush the rail station a few minutes around the corner is a quicker option. All in all a good value hotel with friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank aligloo
Chiswick_Moran, General Manager at Clayton Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear aligloo,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, although slightly disappointed to see that you did not entirely enjoy our restaurant as we get so many good comments about the food in our restaurant.

It sounds as though the hotel suited your needs very well and it is always pleasing when guests comment on our friendly staff.

Josh Cameron

Write a ReviewReviews (1,377)

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I and my wife stayed in this hotel for 6 nights in the last week of Nov'13.This was my first trip to London and in the begining I was a little skeptical of my decision since this hotel was not in the central London and it was my first trip to London. But as soon as I landed here and went to the hotel I was sure that I made the right decision. This is a great hotel, lovel staff, good breakfast, lovely rooms, cLEAN, free wi fi in the room, and a bus stop at the hotel. 2 tube stations with easy access..wilseden green a 10 min walk and kilburn a 4 min bus ride, both on jubilee line. It will take only 25-30 mins to reach the central London. Just make sure you buy the oyster card with day pass or weekly pass for zone 1 and 2 depending on the length of your stay. It is close to the Lords cricket ground and wembley stadium. The only thing to note is that the hotel is located in a central Asian neighbourhood which means a lot of shops n restaurants near by.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank KrajB

Dear KrajB,

Thank you for your lovely review. While it is always nice to get positive comments, it is particularly so from guests who have stayed with us for long enough to properly put us through our paces.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Welcoming hotel, lovely staff, great night-club almosphere. Frequent buses to tube. When paying, the bill as presented was for more than I had agreed on the phone, left my details for manager to check next day but no response. Went with a group of mixed friends but next time will book through Tripadvisor! We all thought breakfast was good, beer didn't run out either!

Room Tip: Ask to be kept away from pub and front - although all ours were quiet so possibly all rooms may be i...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jim G

Dear Jim G,

Thank you for leaving your feedback regarding your stay. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and especially that you found our staff welcoming.

I understand that your query regarding your bill has now been addressed, however if I am mistaken please do contact the hotel so that we can look into this.

We look forward to welcoming you back and promise to keep the beer stocked up!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I like to explore areas when I stay there - Cricklewood wasn't one of the areas I wanted to spend too much time in. I did not feel safe. Walking into the bar at the hotel it was all men, I am not usually phased by that but I did feel uneasy.

The room was OK however I woke up with some bite on my big toe - no idea what it was, I was surprised because the rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sharon J
Chiswick_Moran, General Manager at Clayton Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Sharon J,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

While there is little we can do to change the location of the hotel, I was pleased that you found the hotel itself and in particular the rooms to be clean and comfortable.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Crown Moran Cricklewood is a 3/4 Star Irish owned Hotel ideally positioned between central London & Wembley Stadium in the Northwest of the city. The neighborhood reflects the 'one world' character of large cities around the globe: perhaps fifty plus ethnic, racial, language, attire, & religious cultures are evident in a fairly clean, congenial, bustling business and residential district .We visited two pleasant Irish Bars, bought ciggys @ The Cooperative, & washed & dried some clothing @ a launderette. Transportation is convenient & relatively cheap. Lots of cabs & busses, Tube/Underground and above ground trains close by: ex: Kilburn Tube Station on Jubilee Line about 15 minute walk (5 minute bus) from Hotel (tho it's uphill via 'Shoot 'em Up Hill on walk back). Crown Moran has older & newer wings with modern rooms & 4 star amenities. Our quiet room # 269 had comfortable bed, modern TV, internet access, coffee & tea self service refreshed daily, clean modern bathroom with high walled tub, easily entered with grab rail & clever 'artificial daylight window'. The front desk & all staff were friendly & helpful, including the young lady I emoted to (see below). Our package included a free Continental Breakfast which was substantial: make your own hot toast, several kinds of bread, juices, cereals, fresh milk, fresh fruits, two salamis, coffee & tea. In the large main bar we sat in plush leather chairs to enjoy great meals & Archers& Orange & English Ales: Meantime & London Pride. On the outside patio we chatted with a couple from Isle of Man and a pair from Ireland who recommended Slea Head on Dingle Peninsula.
From reading other reviews on TripAdvisor, it's apparently traditional to make some trivial complaint about the visit/facility; here's mine: as first timers we had no concept of the Heathrow to Crown Moran Cricklewood trip in budget mode, (in fact we went to the tube/underground ticket office with a pocketfull of Euros) but the ticketselling gentleman was most helpful, suggesting Oyster Card magnetic tickets, & even calling the hotel & suggested the Tube to Kilburn Station & then a short bus ride to Crown Moran Cricklewood (when I gave him Euros to pay for tickets he laughed & said we'd need to exchange Euros for Pounds (only in Britain). So my spouse who was guarding the luggage (two heavy bags, two light) went to the exchange counter. The Tube trip was fascinating, so much ethnic, racial, language, attire diversity, but the bags were getting heavier & heavier. At Kilburn Station we lugged the luggage aboard a Cricklewood bus, but going in the wrong direction, changed buses to go toward Crown Moran & seemed like success, but tho we spotted a Crown sign (parallel to the bus)on an ancient building that looked like a bar, not a hotel we continued to a stop opposite a Department store on the edge of the business district. Then we called the hotel & the polite, helpful young lady said "you went right past us, just walk back the opposite way you came". "NO", I said impatiently, thinking of the 500 pounds of luggage :( We went across the street & lugged the bags aboard yet another bus for a short ride right across the street from the hotel (it's signage is up high well above bus view).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alan Ross P
Michael R, General Manager at Clayton Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you Alan for such a balanced review, I am delighted with the ‘One World’ comment and that you were able to immerse yourself into County Cricklewood. Hurry back – General Manager

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, room was clean and decent size. On site restaurant was good and we had breakfast included with our stay which was plentiful.
Bathroom has a ridiculous tub that was even hard for my 6ft 2 husband to maneuver so it was challenge for my 5ft 2 to climb out without slipping!
Like I said the hotel is pretty cool but location is not the greatest. 15-20 minute walk to the underground but the bus stop is located right outside the hotel. We did a lot of walking in the evening and let's just say I was glad I was with my husband cause it was slightly sketchy with the occasional panhandler.
We had arranged Alan to pick us up from the airport which was great. He was super nice and very knowledgeable on the area. Unfortunately we had booked transport with him to take us to the train station for our trip to Paris. My husband and I both sat there with Alan as he penciled us into his schedule. Unfortunately the morning we were expecting Alan to provide transport he was nowhere to be seen. We asked the front desk staff to please locate him and turned out he was on another job. Great? Thankfully the front desk staff arranged transport for us but we were now late. Thankfully the driver got us there at 910 and our train departed at 915. Way to close for comfort.
I've traveled to London before and would probably not be staying here, especially not if you want to do all the touristy stuff.
Positives do not outweigh negatives.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael R, General Manager at Clayton Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you for taking time to review the hotel and describe your recent experiences, I am sorry the bath did not meet your expectations and that Alan let you down for the transfer; he is usually most reliable. I regret too that whilst you found us cool you found the location challenging – General Manager

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We just spent 6 nights at the Crown Moran from October 26-31, 2013 and thought it was wonderful.

We arrived shortly after 9 a.m. after having been met at Gatwick by the hotel's driver, Alan as pre-arranged. Our flight arrived about 40 minutes ahead of schedule so we were expecting to have to wait for him, but no, Alan was waiting for us in the arrivals hall, holding a sign with our names so he was easy to spot. He was great, very knowledgeable and helpful, giving us some information & directions for getting to where we wanted to go on our first day there.

Of course, because we arrived so early in the day, we couldn't check-in, but had expected that. We stowed our luggage at the front desk and off we went. Back at the hotel early afternoon & our room was ready. We were assigned a room on the ground floor & I was a little leery about that, because I really didn't want to face out onto the street, but it turned out that our room was at the back of the hotel, over the pool, so it was nice & quiet & private.

The Crown's lobby, pub & restaurant were all lovely. Clean, cheerful and welcoming. Food was good too. The room suited us just fine. Decent size, clean & comfy. My only complaint would be about the pillows. Way too soft! even when you doubled them up, but that of course is my personal preference for a more supportive pillow. There was a safe in the cupboard so passports etc could be put away & not worried about, as well as an ironing board & iron. And, for those of you who really need it, there was a broadband internet hookup in the room too.

Prior to arriving & having read reviews, I was a little concerned about the location and distance to central London, but it turned out that there was no reason for concern. We really enjoyed the area. No, it isn't "pretty" and it is a very multi cultural, working class neighbourhood, but there were lots of little ethnic restaurants to eat at as well as The Beaten Docket, a more traditional British pub, a few minutes walk down the road. Never did we feel unsafe and we walked down to the pub 3 nights for reasonably priced food & drink. The little bagel shop across the street from the hotel had fabulous pastries and the cappuccino was good too.

In terms of distance to central London, it was a very easy bus/underground ride & it never took us longer than 40 minutes to get anywhere. And, after a day out in the crowds in the city, it was nice to get back to Cricklewood.

All in all, we had a great trip, loved the Crown Moran and would not hesitate to stay here again. We would also highly recommend the hotel's driver Alan.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side over the pool area are quiet
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nume450
Michael R, General Manager at Clayton Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for very comprehensive and complimentary review, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon – General Manager