Clayton Crown Hotel
US$216
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
1,423 results
All reviewskilburn stationpan asia restaurantcricklewood broadwayfull irishswimming pooljubilee linelovely hotelwembley stadiumoyster cardbus stoptransport linksmin walkmarble archst pancrascentral londongood nights sleepoxford street
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This is one of the secret hotels that Last minute sells off at a reasonable cost. I paid on average about £55-60 a night. For that sum you don't expect the world. It was easier enough to find, a short walk from Cricklewood station, a bonus that you can use your oyster card to get here. The area is full of fried chicken shops and ethnic grocers. After settling in, I managed to find some decent ethnic restaurants (sri lankan & persian). I have other stays booked here as I work in NW London, so for me the location isn't a problem. If you have to be in the centre and don't like ethnic restaurants this isn't for you. The hotel does have it;s own restaurants. But having looked at the menu it seemed a shame to spend out on a slightly pricey Thai when the area has so many alternatives. Wont bore you with the details of where i went, as i have submitted other reviews for that. Overall decent size rooms, clean and perfect for a short stay. The only pain for me was that you had to run, the tap and shower for a good few minutes to get the desired hot water.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Chiswick_Moran, General Manager at Clayton Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Ropley,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and very happy that the convenient location for your business travel means that you will be with us again.

As you mention, the area has a wealth of options for eating, however would still urge you to try our Pan Asia Restaurant as I am confident you will find it well worth it.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Great Hotel, Booked Bed & Breakfast as we were up in London during the day.
Lovely room.
Hotel handy for Bus & Tube to London City.
My daughter & myself were there to attend ATP World Tour Finals at the O2 Arena.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear MollyBrown65,

It was so nice to read that both you and your daughter enjoyed your time in London and particularly here with us at the Crown Moran.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

My parents stayed at Crown Moran Hotel during March and enjoyed it immensely. It was not just great Irish hospitality but caring too! Provided lemon and honey for a cough spontaneously. That's how patrons feel at home. The restaurant provides tasty generous food. Also great location to explore London - Highly recommended

Room Tip: Explore their website it's very informative
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Gervin38,

Thank you for posting your wonderful comments. While I am well aware of often my staff go out of their way to make our guests feel welcome, your honey and lemon story really impressed me and I can honestly say that I feel very very proud.

Thank you for letting me know about this.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Having been to the hotel as far back as 2004; I was really looking forward to our visit to the hotel again in 2014. The hotel still looks as good if not better than 2004 once you are inside. The room we got was not up to the standard I got in 2004 but still was more than satisfactory. One slight issue was the electrical sockets in our room, they were jammed at the desk next to the television which made it difficult to use. However, staff quickly supplied us with a flexible extension lead which made it easier for us to use.
The hotel location is fine and the tube station only a short ten minutes walk away. The breakfast in the morning is worth getting and the omelette’s taste delicious.

Room Tip: Omelette for breakfast
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Chiswick_Moran, General Manager at Clayton Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Barry C,

It's always nice to read reviews from guests who have visited us over a period of time as it reflects upon not just one good stay, but also on our continuing standards and it is so good to read that they are holding up well.

Having stayed with us over the years I'm sure you are aware that one of the quirks of being built around the listed Victorian Crown public house is that no two rooms are completely alike, however I was glad to hear that this was not a problem due to my staff and their ability to adapt to your needs.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed here on 17th march for one night. I was in a triple room which was very spacious and clean and the beds were very comfortable. We had breakfast there which was also very nice with plenty to choose from. There is also a swimming pool that looked a decent size although I didn't go in. The only down side was that we travelled by tube, Willesden Green & Kilburn are both a ten minute walk away :-(

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Samantha B,

It was great to read that you found the hotel to be spacious and clean an I am glad that you enjoyed your breakfast.

I am sorry that you found the tube stations too far away, although I should point out that direct buses to Victoria, Paddington and Oxford Street among others, stop directly outside the hotel , all of which pass the tube station after two minutes. That being said, I do appreciate this is relative to your expectations and thank you for your comments.