“Nice hotel,but a bit out the way”

Clayton Crown Hotel
Ranked #429 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 June 2014

On arrival at the hotel we were given a room down by the swimming pool,and the only view we had was of the pool itself.The following day we enquired for a removal to a different room which was quickly resolved.Above all the hotel entrance and reception area is very nice,and the both rooms we had used are of a very high standard and we'll worth the money we paid.If this hotel had been located nearer to the centre of London then our short break would have been complete instead of 99%

Room Tip: Room 46 has a view of the swimming pool....and the hint of chlorine.114 has a single and double bed...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tcaz_12
Chiswick_Moran, General Manager at Clayton Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Tcaz_12,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your London break.

I was also happy to read that we were able to accommodate your change of room request. As I have mentioned in my reply to the previous reviewer, we will always try to help guests with any special requests when possible.

Josh Cameron

Write a ReviewReviews (1,382)

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was lovely our room was very spacious and clean and the staff were very hospitable the only slight complaint we had was that our room was overlooking the hotel pool rather than out a window and this also made our room have a distinct smell of chlorine. However everything else was of such a nice standard, we would definitely return!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Alix W,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am so pleased that you found both the hotel spacious and clean as well our staff to be helpful.

When you next stay with us please feel free to request a room away from the pool as we will always accommodate your preference where possible.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I had to be in London for a dinner and was looking for a good value hotel. The Crown Moran is just that. Not in a part of London I was familiar with nor a chain I'd ever heard of before but don't let that put you off. It's about a 10 minute walk to the nearest tube station and the rest of London from there. West end took about 20 minutes, Euston about the same.

Check in was quick and efficient, the main reception area looks modern and has some comfortable seating areas. The lifts were a little confusing, my room was actually a level below reception.

It was a little trek to reach the room, up & down several staircases so not ideal for anyone with any physical difficulties.

My room was large, very large by London standards with all the usual amenities: TV, Hair dryer, Iron & board, Safe Etc.. Good sized shower/bath and some nice toiletries. Good sized comfortable bed too. There is free WiFi throughout the hotel which worked OK.

In a first for me, the only window in the room was at a high level and was actually a view of the indoor swimming pool!

Wake up calls are done by a real person too.

Definitely a hotel to consider if staying in Central London is not essential.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear stomper0161,

I was so pleased to read that we were exactly what you needed for your last minute stay in London.

Thank you for the kind comments and we hope that you keep us in mind for your next visit.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My mate booked this place up for a few of us on a over nighter in London.On arrival the area around didn't look the best and from outside nothing special but as soon as we had entered and checked in WOW!! What a lovely place to stay and I think for a few brownie points I`l get me and the mrs checked in pretty soon.Its bright,vast and very clean on entering the huge foyer,nice pub a joining..The staff were very helpful and efficient.I will quickly mention the breakfast because its Excellent!! Everything you could wish for and more to get you set for the day.Also what excellent value for money are stay was.My mate don't get much right but he certainly found a gem in this place! The rooms were brilliant,great beds and very clean.I`l be coing back soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Chiswick_Moran, General Manager at Clayton Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear villajase,

Thank you for the review. I'm glad that for once your mate was right in choosing us and that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We took our Grandson to London for his first time this was his birthday present from us last November, but couldn't do the trip until now. We where very happy with the hotel it was lovely and clean and the staff all very polite and helpful. It made our trip to London very pleasurable being able to leave our car in the hotel car park whilst we use the underground which was very close to travel around London with great ease. Breakfast was lovely too :)

Room Tip: The Triple rooms are great if travelling with a child
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Shirley R,

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments.

I was glad to read that the hotel lived up to your expectations and particularly that you found our staff to be polite and helpful.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I was in a bit of a transportation crunch upon my travels back to the airport and Alan (with his quick thinking and awesome attitude) saved the day! The hotel itself is okay. The water pressure in the shower was less than desirable, the free WiFi wasn't that reliable, and the new employee did not give me my wakeup call (hence Alan saving the day). Alan also does tours of London!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear J B,

It sound as though Alan was really your hero that day as he is ours.

I'm sure he appreciates the kind comments.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My wife and I stayed for 6 nights so got a feel for the place. Staff were wonderful, so friendly and nothing too much trouble. Breakfast was fantastic. Appeared to be cooked fresh and promptly served at our table.
We had a room at the front of hotel which occasionally was noisy, but we were so tired after a day in London it didn't prevent us sleeping. We found closing bathroom door helped with noise ,however it was then hot because you couldn't open windows. You can't have everything.
This hotel was clean, great value for money and on an excellent bus route to Kilburn. We waited no more than 2 mins all week. A great find and we shall stay again.

t

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank warrington52

Dear warrington52,

While it is always nice to receive compliments about the hotel and our staff, it is extra special coming from someone who has spent more than just a night with us and found we have continued to get it right for the duration.

I was so pleased to read that you and your wife will stay with us again and look forward to it.