Clayton Crown Hotel
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$212
Rosewood London(London)
US$588
US$491
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$312
US$299
Travelocity
1,417 results
All reviewskilburn stationpan asia restaurantcricklewood broadwayfull irishswimming pooljubilee linelovely hotelwembley stadiumoyster cardbus stoptransport linksmin walkmarble archst pancrascentral londongood nights sleepoxford street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 October 2008

I stayed in this hotel for a few days and was well impressed with it. The decor of the hotel is amazing and the rooms are very spacious. The swimming pool was almost like a private pool. We ate in the restaraunt two nights and the food was excellent. I cannot reccomend this hotel highly enough. The breakfasts were fantastic, full irish breakfast as well as a choice of cereal, juices etc. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel is also in a great location to get into london city as the bus stops right outside the door and kilburn tube station is only about 4 bus stops away. I would definitely stay in this hotel again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank champkis
Michael R, General Manager at Clayton Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Reviewed 23 August 2008

After looking at hundreds of London hotels I picked this as the price was reasonable and the pictures of it on the website looked great. Its in Cricklewood which is about 7 minutes from Central London on the tube. There's a bus stop right outside the hotel that goes to the nearest tube stop in Kilburn in 2-3 mins or the walk takes about 20 mins. We flew into Stansted which is over a half hour outside the city centre so with a lot of help from the receptionist, the hotel sent a car for us which was only slightly dearer than buses/trains, 4 of us travelled so it was very handy.

Check in was quick. We arrived at 8am and they let us check in to one room at that time because it was ready. The room was beautiful, very very clean and nicely decorated. We headed into Madame Toussauds then, I highly reccommend this, queus are long but its well worth it. The first night we stayed there was a wedding in the hotel, we stayed on the ground floor and couldn't hear any noise from it, very impressed by that. Got breakfast in the room the following morning, couldn't fault that either, everything was freshly cooked and piping hot. The swimming area was lovely too, not many hotels in London with a pool and if it has one you'll pay a lot extra.

I'll definatly stay here whenever I visit London again and would reccommend anyone to stay here. There are several bars in the premises, for those interested in night clubs we didn't go out in the city centre so I don't know how hard it would be or how long it would take to get back to the hotel afterwards. I'm sure reception would help you out if you contacted them tho.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank Japsmurf

Reviewed 21 July 2008

I stayed here in July 2008 and had a really enjoyable stay there. The interior of the hotel is amazing, the bedrooms are quite large with a lovely bathroom and the beds were really comfy. We ate in the King Sitric on our first evening and had a lovely meal. There are several options at breakfast time, the full Irish is highly recommended. The hotel is not right next door to a tube station but you can get several buses right outside the hotel which will take you to Kilburn station in 5 mins and then it's only a 20 minute trip into Bond Street. There are bars adjoining the hotel which were pretty lively and good fun at the weekend. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank MariaBermuda

Reviewed 21 July 2008

I was a bit nervous about going to this hotel because of its location- usually I stay in West london- but the reviews persuaded us to give it a try and I'm so glad I did.
We had a fabulous room- very spacious and lovely-
(We had an executive room which is bigger than a double and worth the extra money)
I'm a light sleeper so asked for a quiet room if possible and we were put at the side of the hotel- I was surprised that although we weren't that far from the main road -the noise did not come through to the room windows and we had a nice view over a side street. I slept very well in this hotel and that's a real rarity for me.
The only thing that wasn't fabulous was the pillows which were not too soft- but I still got a great night's sleep.
The decor is good- most things look very new and the fact that the bankets were not brand spanking new didn't bother me- as everything was spotlessly clean.

The staff were wonderful and very helpful
The breakfast was absolutely great and perfectly cooked- I went fairly late so it wasn't too busy but I couldn't fault a thing.
My room service dinner steak wasn't so great-but I imagine snacks would be fine.
The pool is lovely and clean and seldom used so it feels like a private pool.
Shower pressure was fab- although one night -around 1am we could only get warm water out of the bathroom tap- but it was amusing rather than a problem- we knew if we contacted house keeping they'd be up straight away and we'd already brushed our teeth and got bottled water - so it was fine. When we woke up in the morning it was all normal.
We had no fridge in our room - but it wasn't a problem. We were out most of the time and ate out every night.

The walk to the tube is 10mins -but then you're into Bond Street in 7 mins and right in the centre of everything -
for those with a bad knee like me - a bus right outside the door of the hotel takes you to Kilburn tube station- if you buy a travel card you can used this on the bus as well-
I just can't say enough good things about this hotel. Loved it -loved it.
One things that coud be nice is if they had a tapas menu- and a bigger sitting areas for the restaurant bar -as the crown pub was a little bit rough for my taste- but nothing to put me off staying at this hotel again.
What a bonus to get parking for £10 a night as well.
If it had all the extras it would put its prices up and its such a find that I would rather have things as they are- which makes this hote affordable luxury.

There is a lovely little bakery and bagel shop opposite the hotel and we had a great lunch in there one day for £6 for 2 people - just sandwiches and pizza slices wiht tea- but how good is that in London?
I managed to walk back from the tube one day and had no problems or concerns. There are loads of cheap food places nearby- and a great sheesha cafe if you like apple tobacco 5 mins from the hotel towards the tube.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank fellinawell

Reviewed 15 July 2008

A good business class hotell with beautiful clean rooms, a nice gym, a very nice swimmingpool and an above average restaurant. Best feature is full steak dinner and service at the hotel restaurant. Its a nice place to cool down from the busy city life. It takes 5 min by bus to Kilburn Subway St. and then 20-30 min to city centre - by an Oyster Card from across the street from hotel. In the area around the hotell there isn´t many exiting things exept a few Hallal shops, McDonalds and newspaper agents. If you need to travel further north by car the location is perfect, since you avoid traffic in the city centre.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business