“Average two night stay”

The Fox & Goose Hotel
Ranked #207 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

States here for two nights 8/6/13-10/6/13, the room was nice but decor wasn't to our taste, bathroom was a bit tired could do with a little freshening up, the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on in a hotel, it was a hour and half walk from wembley stadium and only a quick 5 minute walk from the tube station plus right next to McDonald's (cheaper then there breakfast). If we was in this area again we would definitely come back here!

• Stayed: June 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,092)

Reviewed 5 June 2013

We Stayed at The Fox and Goose for only one night at the end of May.We had a Friendly check in
then went out all day into The Centre of London...20 minutes away on the Underground...A 5 minute walk away. When we we returned we had a very pleasant night. The rooms are spacious and clean. The Bed and pillows are one of the most comfortable we have ever had !!! Great Stay, great Location into London and to the motorway in and out. Thank you.

2  Thank SUNSHINEWestMidlands
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I enjoyed my stay here - My partner and I stayed in a superior room which was really lovely. We were also at the back of the hotel and on the top floor so there was no noise during the night. Everything was very clean, the bed very comfortable and the decor nice! Having said this - we opted for the superior room because of standard room did not look that great on the website.

We had a great time and found the staff very accommodating - It is nice that you can pre book extras for the room through their website - for example they can provide a hand-tied bouquet of flowers or a bottle of champagne on ice upon arrival. I wanted to surprise my partner with a bottle of wine instead - when I phoned the hotel, they were happy to provide it for me.

I would definitely return here - it was a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a superior room! Perhaps request a room towards the back of the hotel to avoid any traffi...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PlannerForYourParty
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Travelling to the UK for the first time and wanted a hotel close to underground and with car parking, so I chose this based off trip advisor. It's perfect, easy to find only a few minutes walk to underground, there's a supermarket down the road. We arrived early staff offered to secure our bags. We had dinner in restaurant and food was great. We have three children so booked 2 rooms and the standard of the rooms was very good. Clean and comfortable looks recently refurbished, beds are comfortable which is high on my list. Overall exceeded my expectations, hope if you stay here have same experience.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Johann D
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The rooms are quite small and basic but clean with a few hangers on a rail but no wardrobes.
Comfy bed.
We were in Room 205 and the ensuite was a bit sad. I have to say though that I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet it was considering the amount of traffic. The loudest noise came from the shower upstairs, when used it sounded as though there was a generator in the corner of our
room. Staff were efficient but not very friendly. Night time staff very jolly and welcoming.

The Restaurant has seen better days, and hopefully is due for refurbishment in the not too distant future. There were some filthy chairs in the dining area and a sofa in the pub section that has gone well beyond 'shabby chic'. Staff did their job.nothing more, nothing less.
Average pub food, adequate but not inspiring. Avoid breakfast as you will be disappointed.

We have stayed in the Uxbridge hotel of this group a number of times and it is far superior in every way. Much Smarter, Lovely friendly Staff and a Super Restaurant.

The Fox and Goose is cheap accommodation for the area and you get what you pay for.
Ideal for folk visiting Wembley and a taxi into Central London is only £25.00

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Well situated for wembley . Great pub attached , limited menu but really good food, and they do have special nights including a steak night and s curry naught. Good real ales and reasonably priced. Quiz night on a Wednesday. Free car park. Rooms large and clean with all facilities including free wifi. Staff very friendly and helpful. Really good value.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My husband and I stayed there for one night only on Sunday 26th May.

We paid £55 for the evening (not including breakfast). The room was spacious, we stayed in Room 203 and it was hot and the bathroom was a bit smelly - we opened the window for some fresh air and found we could not close it again. Obviously something wrong with the mechanism. Due to this we had road noise on and off during the night and early hours of the morning.

The hotel walls are quite thin and we were woke up early with the noisy heating and water system. The bathroom itself, although clean, had some cracked tiles around where the soap dish was fixed to the wall. The shower was slightly scaled.

The lady in the bar was very welcoming and helpful.

The 'blonde' lady in reception, although we did not need to enter into a direct dialogue with her, she never seemed happy, like she didn't want to be there. I had a brief encounter with her when we were both approaching an exit door together and when I smiled at her she had an expression that was not inviting for someone working with the public.

We did not eat here so cannot give a review on the food, however, we did notice when we were sitting in the bar during the evening that they were quite busy with food.

The bar area and restaurant is quite spacious but the bar area has that 'used' look about it with the upholstery being worn through.

There is a large beer garden which we sat out in during our stay when the sun was out, this is kept tidy and colorful with bushes and flowers.

The stay was not a bad experience and they did have a certificate of excellence at reception from trip advisor for 2012.

1  Thank Patricia H
Fox_Goose_Manager, General Manager at The Fox & Goose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Hi Patricia
Thanks for letting us know how your stay with us went. I will certainly investigate the window and have a word with my receptionist. We are keeping our fingers crossed that we will be having a refurbishment in our pub in the very near future. I hope that you will be staying with us again and we are realy pleased that we have just received The Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence for 2013 as well as 2012,