The Tower(London)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$115
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$135/night.

US$340
US$178
  • Fitness centre
Holiday Inn London - West(London)(Great Value!)
US$111
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$204
US$191
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock(London)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$133
Priceline
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

The Langham, London(London)
US$659
US$488
Agoda.com
  • Pool
1,728 results
All reviewscharterhouse squarebarbican tube stationsmithfield marketquiet squarelovely hotelclub roomst paulsbuilding workwalk in showerstandard roommini barreception staffcooked breakfastcoffee machinegreat showercomfy bedlovely room
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We have stayed at this boutique hotel and others in the chain,several times over the years. Tucked away on the edge of Smithfield it is stylish, trendy and convenient -ish. Finding the entrance is currently a challenge particularly if arriving by car as CrossRail seems to taken over most of the Smithfield area. However once in the square you can park easily albeit the parking charge is steep if parking during the day. The construction work doesn't impinge on the hotel and there is no noise issue. Our room 217 was spacious and with plenty of windows was very light I think the room had had a recent make over with a wet room/bathroom and all the stuff expected from a hotel of this standard. A Hugh selection of crisps, popcorn, chocolate, tea, coffee and fully stocked minibar. Free WiFi excellent.
Staff were pleasant and helpful on arrival. Later we realised the heating/aircon. Wasn't working and the room was cold. A call to reception brought prompt response and attempt to adjust heating. An offer of a room change with help with luggage was proffered. As we were on a time schedule we declined but it obviously was going to be no trouble.
After our evening out we retired to what can only be considered a sublime night in the most comfortable beds we have experienced. Fabulous.
Breakfast was included and we took it downstairs in the bar/brasserie. Continental plus full English . I must say this was disappointing. Toast was provided immediately so was cold before we got round to the full English. The sausage was not nice. The coffee was undrinkable.

Now that I'm being picky, the level of music in the reception and lounge was too loud and strident if you wanted to relax. Sign I'm getting old I think. Same for breakfast. I suspect The Malmaison is now a bit too trendy for us.

Room Tip: If you prefer a bath you pay more
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I can skip some detail because the previous review covers alot of what I experienced in a recent two night stay. The location 2 minutes from Barbican was perfect for both our main connections in and out of Euston, and made it incredibly easy to get around some of the sights bearing in mind we had a pushchair and a 6 yr old in tow.
The staff were incredibly helpful and all our requests were accomodated with ease such as the travel cot for the room and a high chair at breakfast. The only dissapointment was one aspect of a room service meal received. The ceaser wrap is an abomination and should either be reworked or just taken off the menu. It was a dry tortilla containing chicken, whole anchovy and lettuce and was quite frankly inedible but I had a go as it was late and paid for. The olives and burger was very tasty however. I cannot really comment on the value aspect as I did not personally foot the bill but having seen the website rates do vary and there seem to be some good weekend deals on.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 10 November 2013

An old property, set back from the main road - with rooms recently refurbished offered a good base for the Barbican, Smithfield Markets, and beyond (the Barbican tube stop is only a few minutes away).

Upgrade work for the Crossrail project was continuing in the front of the hotel, but did not interfere with my stay. The room I was allocated (booked last minute) had been refurbished (with one of the largest televisions I've seen!) since my last stay. It was spotless, and quiet, with a good sized shower room. Some nice touches in the room with fabrics and furniture - and free wifi too.

Room prices seem to vary considerably - I try and check availability for most of my London visits, and when the budget allows, I look forward to the stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This hotel was truly outstanding. After reading some of the poor reviews I was a little concerned but I had nothing to worry about! We arrive mid morning on a Sunday and our room wasn't ready but the front desk staff were happy to store our luggage for us so we could enjoy our day. The Barbican tube station is just around the corner from the hotel and the front desk staff were happy to provide us with directions and a tube map. Upon returning late at night check in was quick and efficient and the staff were friendly and helpful. We booked a superior double and it did not disappoint! King size memory foam bed, chaise long, seating area, tea and coffee making facilities, slippers, ironing board, hair dryer, two flat screen tv's... Basically anything you could possibly need! The bathroom was large with both a power shower and a rainforest shower which was absolutely amazing! Toiletries were provided (shampoo, shower gel, massage oil, shower cap, cotton buds) as were towels. We ordered some late night room service which came within 20 minutes, couldn't fault it! Overall, this hotel was brilliant, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and can't wait to go back! Thanks Malmaison!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I have stayed in this hotel twice now and I love it. It is a very modern hotel with quirky features. Both times our rooms have been immaculate and spacious. The room views are not the best - they overlooked roof tops nearby, however, it is a great hotel for sightseeing.
The staff have always been helpful and friendly - both reception and bar/restaurant.
We ate dinner at nearby Smiths of Smithfields - which I can thoroughly recommend, and we had breakfast in the hotel. Yes it is a bit pricey but it was faultless. The hotel in itself isn't cheap, but it's a very modern chain of hotels and I am happy to spend that little extra for luxury.
The Malmaison in Manchester is also ah-may-zing!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family