“Wow!”
Review of Malmaison London

Malmaison London
Ranked #245 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I like a little bit of luxury and style but I don't enjoy it when it is 'over the top' and I detest those hotels where those giving the service do so only in the expectation of a tip.
I had never stayed at a Malmaison hotel before so I was surprised at just how perfect it was for me. I've stayed in dozens of London hotels but this is now my favourite. The general location is acceptable for both the business and pleasure districts of the City. The precise location is in a lovely 'private' garden square. Our room was at the front and closest to local pubs and bars so we did hear a little late night revelry, but nothing too disturbing.
The room was very comfortable with just the right amount of facilities and gadgets to make my stay enjoyable. All the public rooms are stylishly designed and decorated and fit for their purpose.
I like a bit of humour, and I was duly impressed with all the quirky comments found all over the hotel. They were obviously there to brighten my day and it worked.
Most of all I was impressed with the staff. Every member of staff I met was helpful, knowledgeable and most importantly, nice. Each one of them treated me as if I was a valued friend and that is something I enjoy - I don't want to be looked after by servants, that just makes me feel uncomfortable!
So top marks Malmaison London. I will be back! (and hopefully also trying your other hotels around the Country)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marmotlover
Malmaison L, Manager at Malmaison London, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for your detailed review of your stay with us, it is wonderful to read such positive feedback and we will look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Having previously stayed here and had an ok time. I booked this hotel for a romantic stay after planned night out. Made a mistake on dates and immediately emailed to change to NEXT night and pay difference they never responded to email so I called was told rudely no refund, no exchange - tough your mistake, your loss. I emailed again twice no response.
If you have the misfortune to book with these people Check, check, check . Awful service awful attitude.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ariel1305

I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with your experience. Please can you contact our Front of House Manager directly at the hotel on lfrontofhousemanager@malmaison.com as we currently do not have a record of the three emails that you sent. We would like to investigate this further for you.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Loved this hotel! Room spacious and full of treats and comforts, perfect for adult break in a central location. Bed super comfy and shower was divine!

Bar man was a bit grumpy but the rest of the staff were fabulous. Unfortunately we didn't get our morning paper but staff very apologetic.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laalaa4
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stay in hotels frequently in London and have stayed at most of the hotels in the Malmaison chain. Yet I had been put off from staying in their London hotel owing to some poor reviews.

Yet I was pleasantly surprised, check in was efficient and the room was fantastic. Facing the square, high comfy bed with a great design. It was a space that had been carefully designed and everything about it cannot be praised enough- the only thing missing was nice big bath tub.

That said on the Sunday supplement deal I cannot imagine a better value hotel in London.

Food was excellent as was the drinks and the service. I missed a leisure centre, but bikes were provided and London is on your doorstep- it's a great neighbourhood as well.

I will return-

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Malmaison L, Manager at Malmaison London, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thanks Alastair for your delightful review of your stay with us. Glad to hear you tried out the bikes - we do also have an exercise room with treadmills and bikes in case London is having one of those rainy days.
We hope to see you at the London Mal again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

First visit back here for a year and since the major re-furnish meant. New look rooms feel much more modern but still with all the Mal touches Robes slippers and great coffee machine. Service was attentive but not over bearing looking forward to coming back soon

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi David,
So pleased to hear you have enjoyed your recent stay in one of our new Mal Club rooms.
We will look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Friendly staff. Room was excellent size with a few great touches such as Nespresso coffee machine. Brilliant location for acessing the south bank via the Millenium Bridge. Will definitely come back as so met our needs.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us at the London Mal. We hope to meet (and exceed!) your needs again in the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Have stayed at Other a Malmaison hotels before but this was the first time at Charterhouse Square. Fantastic quiet location with a pretty green at the front of building... but easy access to all the fun stuff. Room was amazing, staff all smiling and helpful... They truly made it a special occasion for my fiancé's 40th birthday with a few special touches.
Great breakfast with the most awesome Bloody Mary's!
We didn't want to leave!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the London Mal for such a special celebration, we were delighted to be a part of it and hope you find another "excuse" to come and visit us in the not too distant future.