1,772 results
All reviewscharterhouse squarebarbican tube stationsmithfield marketquiet squareclub roomlovely hotelst paulsbuilding workwalk in showerstandard roommini barreception staffcooked breakfastcoffee machinegreat showercomfy bedlovely room
Reviewed 13 September 2017

We took advantage of the special offer for a Sunday night stay which was a great deal for London. We were in a standard room at the side of the hotel. The room was nice, clean and contemporary and quite adequate. The included toiletries were luxurious and the bed really really comfy.
The Receptionist who checked us in was very professional, friendly and helpful. We would stay again. The only thing we weren't too keen on was the dimly lit corridors, but probably a sign of getting older! ;-) There did seem to be a demolition right outside our window at the adjoining property - not the hotel's fault, but worth a mention if you want to sleep in.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keduc
Stephanie S, General Manager at Malmaison London, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Keduc

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback.

Pleased you enjoyed your Sunday night stay. I will certainly pass on your positive comments about the cleanliness of the room to the housekeeping team.

I am delighted to also hear that you noted on how professional and friendly the team are on the Front desk.

Thank you and hope to see you very soon.

Regards

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I've not reviewed this hotel before but was more than pleasantly surprised by how professionally I was dealt with. Excellent spot in London, very spacious room and good attentive staff.

Best breakfast in London by miles.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Anyold1ron
Stephanie S, General Manager at Malmaison London, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Anyold1ron

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we met your expectation.

I will certainly let the Chef know on how much you have enjoyed our breakfast.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

We stayed here for two nights Sunday-Tuesday. We arrived at 11.30 and our room was not ready, we needed to iron a few things as we were off to the theatre; the staff on reception were kind enough to arrange for a shirt and blouse to be ironed for us even though I offered to iron it myself if they got me an iron, I felt this was a great touch and exceeded my expectations.

The hotel is located in the city area, a short walk away from Chancery Lane tube, we like to walk and it only takes 45 mins with a child to get to Soho, which isn't bad. When we arrived we got an Uber from Kings Cross which was about £7.50. So plenty of options logistically.

Our room was a large room to accommodate 2 adults and a child, it was well presented and had a huge bed and additional z bed. Both beds were extremely comfortable and had high quality bed linen. The bathroom was spacious with a large walk in shower that had a variety of settings and was powerful.

On our last the staff yet again exceeded our expectations, we left our luggage for the day as our return train home was not until 7pm. We also had to leave my partner's daughter's build a bear (in case she got lost on our trip to the Natural History Museum). On our return we were delighted to see that 'Pinky' bear had also had fun helping Camilla and the team in the hotel, having lunch in the restaurant and enjoying tea in the lounge. This was a a lovely, thing to do and Sophie was chuffed to bits.

Thank you Malmaison for a wonderful stay in a lovely hotel. Camilla and the team went above and beyond to make our stay special.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank travelchick-UK
Stephanie S, General Manager at Malmaison London, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Travelchick-Uk

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and you found the team to be wonderful. I will certainly pass this on to all of them.

Pleased you made the most of our lovely location and liked our rooms.

So glad that Pinky also enjoyed its time in London with Camilla and the rest of the team of the hotel. Pleased Sophie was chuffed and we very much look forward to welcoming you back all very soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

My partner booked Malmaison for a three night visit to London for my Birthday. The hotel itself is fabulous and in a great location just minutes from Farringdon underground and railway stations. The bars and restaurants around the hotel are all brilliant but very very quiet on a weekend.

The bed was probably the best hotel bed that we've ever slept on ... in fact so good we returned home and ordered one!

Check In wasn't brilliant and the chap looked so bored of his life. In fact we had paid in advance for an upgraded room and despite being charged for this on arrival we we given a standard room for our stay. If you aren't going to offer an upgrade then please don't charge for it.

Check out was just as bad waiting for an age as only one member of staff available and then trying to get a refund for the extra we had paid for no reason at all.

We used the hotel bar once and were charged £6 for one bottle of lager and £11.40 for an ameretto and coke. My advice is walk around the corner and try the local bars and restaurants ... so much better and friendlier!

The hotel kindly sent me a birthday card though managed to address this to my partner which really just summed the staff up!

All in all I would have definitely given a five star review for the hotel, room and location but the reception and check out was very very poor and not what you expect.

We would however return!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Stephanie S, General Manager at Malmaison London, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear Jamnate

Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted that you had a good night sleep and have now managed to purchase similar bed for your home.

I am very surprised to hear about the poor level of service from our Front Office team, I will certainly be reviewing this with our Front of House Manager, as well as your comments regarding your bar charges.

Pleased you enjoyed our location and the hotel overall and hope you will give us the opportunity to make it up to you on a future stay.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Really lovely hotel within easy access of central London. However , during my stay there was building works been carried out from 08.30 in the morning which if on business wouldn't have been an issue but when on leave was a nuisance with no apology or notification at check in . Once again though a great hotel but pricey .

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 40razaj
Stephanie S, General Manager at Malmaison London, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear 40razaj

Thank you so much for your feedback. Pleased you enjoyed Malmaison London.

Sorry to hear you were inconvenienced by construction works nearby.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.