1,772 results
All reviewscharterhouse squarebarbican tube stationsmithfield marketquiet squareclub roomlovely hotelst paulsbuilding workwalk in showerstandard roommini barreception staffcooked breakfastcoffee machinegreat showercomfy bedlovely room
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We like the Hotel Du Vin/Malmaison chain and actively seek them out for weekends away. This was a short notice almost staycation (we live exactly an hour away door to door) and it was our second visit to the London Malmaison. The hotels in this chain are not the cheapest and they are certainly not without fault, but you get the feeling they care and they do 'boutique' well. The rooms at this one are of a decent size and nicely designed and on this visit everything in the room worked. We tend to use the hotel as a base and don't particularly use the facilities though the two bars look like fun, but were both quiet as we headed out to explore mid afternoon. The hotel location at the edge of Smithfield Market is excellent ..... it puts you right between the City and the West End which is great for exploring and bar hopping, but it is relatively quiet at weekends making parking etc easy. What else to say? .... The bed was comfortable and the feather pillow and duvet welcome ..... the 'rainfall' shower perfect for 'the morning after' but could have done with more pressure ..... The staff are friendly and helpful ..... and that's about it ..... it's not the biggest hotel and the reception area can feel a little like a thoroughfare but once in your room who cares ...... We'd recommend this hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank simon d
Stephanie S, General Manager at Malmaison London, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Simon d

Thank you so much for your feedback. Pleased you enjoyed the boutique feel of Malmaison London.

Glad you enjoyed our comfortable rooms and made the most of our convenient location.

Thank you for your loyalty and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Stayed here over a weekend in late September. As ever the rooms are wonderful, the bed great and staff very helpful. Its always worth having breakfast which is as good as it gets and both indulgent, lots of bacon and egg freshly cooked and healthy, lots of fruit, yoghurt and granola. Whatever floats your boat its all here, generous and well prepared. The eggs Benedict is good.

Got to moan over the reduced car parking space which is a newish thing to me - well I‘ve not been back recently, and a right pain but I did get parked for the night. We don't all arrive by taxi you know.

Room Tip: Pay for a view if the square
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank James O
Stephanie S, General Manager at Malmaison London, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear James O

Thank you so much for your great feedback. I am so pleased that we met your expectations and that you enjoyed our comfortable bedrooms. I will share your comments with the team and Chef, so pleased you enjoyed our breakfast.

Thank you for your comments regarding parking I will certainly review this.

Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights over the weekend as a little treat after a few months of work stress. We both know the area well so can't fault the location at all, super handy transport wise!
On checking in we did find a used comb sitting on the magazines at the bedside table (complete with someone else's hairs) we did inform reception of this as we were going for dinner which they removed while we were out but heard nothing more about it. The room was a decent size, not huge but good for london. Super comfy beds but the bathrooms could use a little work. They only seem to provide one complete set of towels for a double room with 2 people and the shower head didn't function properly as you couldn't change it from the overhead rainfall part to the handheld option (men may not feel that important but ladies if you want a shower without washing your hair it's vital!) we also noticed that if you turned the sink taps on too much they flooded the upper part of the sink and wall and then splashed onto the floor and you!!
Breakfast was great on Saturday but it all went a little downhill on Sunday. They seemed very understaffed for a busy service and we ended up waiting about 20mins for a table, we didn't mind as we weren't in a rush and they did give us coffee but we did note quite a few people complaining and the whole thing seemed a little chaotic as a few people were seated in the wrong order.

Overall I would be happy to stay again as we did enjoy the weekend but I would advise asking for extra towels!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Stephanie S, General Manager at Malmaison London, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear NadineMc22

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am pleased to hear you made the most of the location and that you enjoyed our convenient transport link.

I am very sorry about the item you found on the magazine, I will review how this could have happened with the housekeeping team.

We do provide 2 sets of towels, a second set can be found in our wardrobes sorry if this was not mentioned to you. Thank you for your feedback regarding our showers, sorry if you found them difficult to know how to function them.

I am pleased you enjoyed your breakfast on Saturday, sorry if you found Sunday to be less relaxing.

I am glad to hear however that the points mentioned will not dissuade you from coming back, and I very much look forward to when we do.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We came here as I got vouchers for the malmaison hotel chain as a gift for my 40th birthday. We stayed on Stayed on Friday 21st of April, we found the staff to be helpful and friendly. Our room was nicely decorated and not big but well organised the bathroom was a bit small, but everything worked ok. We had Breakfast the following morning which was very good. My wife is Vegetarian and she said her breakfast was in the top 5 veggie breakfasts she has had. The hotel is set in a quite nice location although there was lots of building works and maintenance of the park at the front of the hotel. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ScottyBlue76

Dear ScottyBlue76

Thank you so much to take the time to post your feedback from your recent trip to London.

I will certainly share this with the team. I am pleased to hear that our breakfast features in the top 5 veggie breakfast she has had.

I can assure that the square has now been completed and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Such a cool and hip hotel - we absolutely loved our stay! Malmaison has a great location within the city and has everything we look for in a hotel. The breakfast was top notch, service amazing, and staff was incredible. Can't wait to go back here next time!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank valerieo805
Stephanie S, General Manager at Malmaison London, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Valerie805

We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon. So pleased we met your expectations and that you enjoyed our convenient location.

I will certainly pass your feedback to the team.

See you soon.